1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Sign someone FFS

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by romeo9535, Jul 19, 2016.

Discuss Sign someone FFS in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Markybhoy

I wouldn't be surprised if our spending is minimal. The cheque book was opened to get the manager in place. There is also the small matter of reducing the squad size, and by extension the wage bill, before the board will be eager to bring in any new, potentially expensive, faces. It shows you how crap our current squad is if we're actively seeking to offload players and we can't get rid of them. Player recruitment over the last 2-3 years has been really poor.

2. CH4 Gold Member Gold Member

SPL is our bread and butter we should be adding quality players for this league alone never mind the CL

Again another transfer window going at the normal Celtic pace which is starting to worry a few

3. HailHoopy

I'd be happy just winning the league this season, I'm really not expecting a run in europe :shamrock:

4. trip2themoon Concomitant Allez-Vous?

Fav Celtic Player:
    Peter Grant
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the Old Brigade
    Right now we should be aeons ahead of the new Hun club. There's nothing in this squad that really suggests we will romp the league and destroy them in the 4 league games. Won't be surprised if Ambrose is a regular starter this season as well.

5. TheHappyLoss

This is getting a bit *. No point in signing any old diddy but ffs!!!

6. raymo67

I would rather wait for some quality signings rather than 5 or 6 average players being brought in for beginning of pre-season like the new huns have done if we signed any of the players they have signed I would be raging but I understand your worries as we still have the same crap from last couple of seasons but Rodgers is a top manager there's no way he cant see he needs rid off many players & needs new ones & you never know we might get an exciting transfer deadline day on sky sports they might even send a reporter to parkhead lol

7. McManus4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    See as dire as the squad is I'd rather go with what we have than more Cole/CZR pish.

8. Minimalist

Brendan Rodgers states here is that there is no problem attracting players: (11:52) [ame="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4kvne0_brendan-rodgers-press-conference_sport"]Brendan Rodgers Press Conference - Video Dailymotion[/ame]

9. Rendog

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM song
    I would love to see a screenshot of the latest threads in a few months

10. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I don't think people are honestly crying out for us to sign anyone. Just so we can see a signing. Resulting in more average, panicked signings like people are suggesting.

There are surely players of the quality we desire who have already been lined up and can be had now. As I say we are either taking our time and rightly so or are once again gambling on CL football.

I'm more inclined to believe the latter and that the 'taking the time' option could be a bit of a cover up for the usual excuses to be rolled out again. Hoping these rumours of a couple players coming in are true.

11. MaaaaaarK

Fav Celtic Player:
    Efe ambrose
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    The bottom line is we need to free up wages before bringing in new bodies,the players we're trying to off load nobody wants,until we get rid of the dead wood I can't see us bringing in what we really need for domestic and European football challenges.Can see it being another disappointing window.

12. Minimalist

I agree with the narrative that we need to free up wages to bring in heavier quality of players, but where are you getting the information that were getting knock backs from Clubs for our players?

13. wulliebad

If our squad is so bloated what the * are we doing offering charlie and forrest new contracts.......we cant get rid pf players as it is.

14. Smada

I don't think we can sign anyone until we get rid of the deadwood.

15. MaaaaaarK

Fav Celtic Player:
    Efe ambrose
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    Simple,no1 has been sold,only thing can be lack of interest it's not rocket science we have around 8 centre midfielders yet thts what ever fan is crying out for,we have around 6 centre halfs yet or defence is shambolic,either people aren't interested or they can't meet the wage demands.Only my opinion.

16. Sonny7

No we shouldn't be beating Astana. Good team and a very tough tie. They'll beat us unless we bring in some quality players.

17. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
  18. Born green

A utility player like Mulgrew is a manager's dream. I'd much prefer Charlie as back up in an injury crisis to Ambrose et al. Though Forrest is so far down the pecking order he should definitely be let go.

We actually do have a pretty talented squad. A 40 goal striker, top class CB, very talented goalkeeper (on form), and at least 3 or 4 great young prospects. I'd rather see Rodgers work his magic on those players than just try and replace every position with question marks.

Yes, we need players for these qualifiers, but right now I'm happier to see the likes of Stokes, Cole etc leave to free up time for Rodgers to focus on our best players.

19. honda Gold Member Gold Member

I agree but we need 2 or 3 real quality players which will then lift the quality of the other players.
    The same when you play down the park. When I was a kid I played with older guys who where better. Then played at school and was like Messi. That's what we need. High quality to lift the others.

20. CH4 Gold Member Gold Member

I agree with Charlie but the Lad is injury prone