1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Official TC Thread] Celtic vs Wolfsburg, Sat 16th, 3pm ko, Celtic tv..

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by McChiellini.., Jul 13, 2016.

Discuss Celtic vs Wolfsburg, Sat 16th, 3pm ko, Celtic tv.. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. In the Jungle

Fav Celtic Player:
    Adam Mathews
    I think that's still questionable, however even if he is, that isn't what Leadeship is about. Leadership is the ability to give direction and moreover have others follow that direction. It's about what you do when others look to you when it's not all going to plan & he doesn't set a great example in that regard. That's for another forum though.

Good display from both halfs Teams tonight, bodes well for mid-week.:50:

2. shaunm

Tierney picking up where he left off from last season,really looking forward to watching his attacking runs and cut backs this season,hopefully he can take his game to another level.

3. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

Much improved Efe performance.:50:
    Too little too late though

4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

final score 2-1
    :50::smiley-laughing002:

5. Vinnie BBQ Justice is lost Justice is raped Justice is gone.

:50: * tuned in as the "Thanks for watching" message came on screen ffs. :smiley-laughing002:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2016
  6. PEI#1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    I thought Ajer and Allan showed well today....Armstrong also looked better.

Janko...not for me but Henderson worked pretty hard throughout.

All in all a fairly good shift by most but some are still doing themselves no favours.

Good result for the players.

7. HailHoopy

8. DobbinS 1888

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song, YNWA.
    Just back from the game. 2nd half was far more entertaining than the first half.

I thought Allan was best man on the pitch, don't know what he has to do to get a game. Ajer also done very well and Cifti's hold up and link up play was decent.

Mentions for Mcgregor and Fisher too.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2016
  9. Larsson93

Fair enough. I've only seen todays game and the imps first leg. Hopefully he keeps it up.

10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

that was clever :smiley-laughing002:

no problem

11. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I'd love to get home from games at 5:15pm

12. CalgaryBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tha Thumb
    I was a bit dissapointed it wasn't a bit more packed tbh. Brendans first home game (albeit a friendly) against a top club in Germany on a Saturday, just seemed a bit subdued to me. It'll be packed for Lincoln :50:

13. DobbinS 1888

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song, YNWA.
    Left 5 mins before the end and was parked practically right on London road, quickest ive ever been home in my time of going I think.

14. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Glasgow Fayre, everyone is away on holiday. Tons of weddings this weather as well.

Unsurprising.

15. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

A year ago I'd have laughed at that suggestion.. But I have to agree.

16. delboy2780

What was the attendance?

17. Dirk_Diggler

A rate him my self and a don't think he wants to leave a think he did under the previous management, he wasn't getting played that's why he never signed it IMO

18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

RYAN Christie’s second-half goal gave Brendan Rodgers a winning debut at Paradise as Celtic overcame VfL Wolfsburg 2-1 in a pre-season friendly.
    It was a historic day at the home of the champions as the new manager took charge of his team at Celtic Park for the first time, while the new rail seating section was also opened, making Paradise the first stadium in Britain to host such a feature.
    The vocal crowd which filled the new section gave a rapturous reception to their new manager, as did the rest of the crowd before kick-off but they had to watch their side come from behind in an exciting first-half as Daniel Caligiuri’s deflected shot broke the deadlock after 11 minutes.
    Callum McGregor equalised 10 minutes later with an excellent right-footed shot before second-half substitute Christie gave Celtic the lead just after the hour mark.
    The match was an effective test for the full Celtic squad, who will now look to overturn a 1-0 deficit to Lincoln Red Imps when they meet in the second-leg of their UEFA Champions League second round qualifier on Wednesday.
    Celtic started at a high tempo, with Stuart Armstrong at the centre of play, orchestrating a string of early moves down the left in a dominant opening 10 minutes.
    However, Wolfsburg took the lead against the run of play as Caligiuri’s shot from distance took a wicked deflection off Eoghan O’Connell and past Craig Gordon in what was the German side’s first attack.
    Erik Sviatchenko was also forced off early on after suffering a head knock in a clash with the Wolfsburg keeper. The Dane was down for a while as he received treatment on the pitch but he thankfully got to his feet before being replaced by Kristoffer Ajer as a precaution.
    Celtic then deservedly levelled the game in emphatic fashion through McGregor, who drove his side forward on a lightening quick counter-attack. The midfielder’s attempted pass to Moussa Dembele rebounded back at his feet off the Wolfsburg defence and the 23-year-old scored a deft finish past Diego Benaglio with his right foot on 21 minutes.
    Both sides continued to attack in the wake of the goal and could have added to the goal tally before the interval. A slack back-pass from Lustig to Gordon allowed Didavi to close in on the Celts goal but the keeper saved well at the attacker’s feet. Dembele then turned the Wolfsburg defence inside out before lashing a shot at Benaglio, which was parried wide.
    The champions arguably had the better of the chances in the opening 45 minutes but remained level at half-time and came out for the restart with a new line-up as the manager utilised the depth of his squad.
    Wolfsburg also made five changes of their own for the second-half and the Celts almost caught the German side’s new-look defence out straight from the restart as a neat interchange of play from Nadir Ciftci and Ryan Christie allowed the former to test replacement Wolfsburg keeper Koen Casteels with a stinging shot.
    The Wolves regrouped and passed the ball well for the following 10 minutes but Celtic looked dangerous any time they went forward and were soon in front thanks to the nimble footwork of substitute Ryan Christie, who bounced his way between two visiting defenders into the box and despatched a low, left-footed shot into the corner to make it 2-1 just after the hour mark.
    The pace of the match gradually slowed as it reached its conclusion but there was still a chance for Christie to aim for a second in the dying seconds, but Casteels was behind his curling shot, and the match finished 2-1 to the Celts.

19. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

You missed the game then. It was on before that.

20. Larsson93

Free for season ticket holders too wasn't it?