1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[No Link] Scott Sinclair

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by GreenLeanMean, May 24, 2016.

Discuss Scott Sinclair in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wanyama1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson/Victor Wanyama
    Griffiths has been given plenty chances in Europe and he's had big chances in those games and he's failed to take them and deliver. We can't be risking him again at that level. He'll be fine for this qualifier against Lincoln Gimps or the Estonia mob but beyond that he should be on the bench for me in Europe.

Time for someone else to be given a chance to step up, I'm not saying Dembele will be that man either but we defoo need better than Griff up top in Europe.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEFf3myxvSA[/ame] 2.05 big chance

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHaz6Hi6aKk[/ame] 3.00 big chance

Could post more but you get the point, massive moments in games we need him to bury the chance and he fluffs his lines time and again at that level.

2. boondock

Well * said Wanyama :50:

It's obvious that Griffiths can't cut it in Europe. He was lost last year and missed many big chances for us. I'm not prepared to give him a third season as our main striker on the big stage because he doesn't deserve it.

3. wanyama1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Exactly mate, people see 40 goals against mostly far inferior opponents who we create 4/5/6 chances a match for him against. When chances are more limited at European level and he needs to take them he fluffs his lines far too often.

But people call me a Griffiths hater for wanting better as our leading front man which is ridiculous. He's a great back up to have as I've said who can get games against the inferior opponents, leading front man though? No chance for me.

4. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    No-one is denying we could strive for better but the facts don't lie.

40 goals over the course of a season. Without him we might not have won the league.

Quite frankly I'm sick to death of folk like you two getting on his back at every opportunity. It's quite sad, really.

I'm all for getting excited over Dembele but the guy hasn't kicked a ball for us yet and is still only 19.

5. wanyama1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    What is this all about I'm not on his back at all I rate him as very decent back up but not our leading man, he's nowhere near Hooper for example, nowhere near as clinical at that level. I don't think there's anything wrong with my opinions on him. For the record btw someone took away his goals for us last season to see if we would have won the league and it turned out we still would have without his goals but I'm not knocking him still a fantastic achievement.

The facts are though that the majority of those 40 goals came against far inferior opponents who we create 4/5/6 chances a game for him against, of course he's going to bang them in in those conditions as he's a very decent striker domestically, you may say you can only score who you're up against which is true but in Europe he's been found wanting on too many occasions for my liking to be given another chance.

If it wasn't for injuries over the last couple seasons Adam Rooney would be knocking in 30 a season for Aberdeen and he's also scored a few goals in Europe too. In fact Rooney has got 7 goals in Europe, 6 for Aberdeen which is two more than Griffiths has for us so when you compare that it's a bit of an eye opener and that's without Aberdeen ever making the groups. Not to mention Aberdeen are inferior to us who create less chances a game for Rooney than we do with Griffiths.

Great back up, never a first choice but this is a Sinclair thread so sorry for going off topic.

6. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Griffiths could score 100 goals next season and people will still complain.

It's Dembélé that will have to prove his worth. It shouldn't be him that gets the benefit of the doubt. Dembélé's job is to push Griffiths for a starting place. Not the other way around.

I'm delighted that we've signed Dembélé. Potentially a great bit of business. People need some perspective though.

7. boondock

:smiley-laughing002:

I've given him plenty of credit in the past. He done tremendously well to get back in to Deila's plans and worked his * off. I can't fault him on his determination and attitude. I can on his playing skills though.

Tbh I'm sick of people like you who massively overrate our players. You guys act as if he's some world class striker, he isn't and never will be. It's people like you that have contributed to our decline as a club in the last few years because you accept this mediocrity.

I don't think he's good enough to lead the line for us in Europe. He proved that last year imo. Some of you need to wake up and smell the * coffee.

Anyway, on Sinclair.. I'd rather we go for the guy from Molde but that's probably a pipe dream now. Wouldn't be against this signing at all but

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2016
  8. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Anytime I see you post a starting line up he isn't in it, seen you mention numerous times how you wouldn't mind him playing second fiddle and being dropped, you've just backed that point up there again. Your posts in here as well don't exactly scream to me that you rate him.

You go on about him scoring against 'dross'. If they are that bad then how come no striker since Larsson had managed to score as many prior to Griffiths? Before Larsson the record stretched back to the 80's.

You can go on and on about how you don't rate him as a first choice striker but once again the facts do not lie. We have wasted millions upon millions trying to find a striker even capable of scoring 1 goal in the SPL never mind 30 odd. Players like Griffiths are hard to come by, as hard as that might be for you and some others to get yer heads round.

9. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

I wonder how many Celtic strikers have hit 40 goals in a season.

10. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    TBH I'm not massively overrating anyone.

I'm just defending our 40 goal a season striker. Where have I said he is world class? Point that out to me?

I don't particularly think he is good enough long term for Europe either, if you look back in posts about him that I have made you'd see that.

I don't however continually put him down as you and yer wee pal there like to do.

Folk like you need to wake up and realise how hard to come by natural goalscorers are and if you think he is going to be out of the picture anytime soon then you have another thing coming.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2016
  11. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Ronny Deila is out btw

12. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Gees a break, I only changed it from 'Mowbray out' last week.

13. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

:smiley-laughing002: :50:

14. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    People are ridiculously harsh on Griffiths. 40 goals in a season is exceptional and he done ok in Europe last season, what he can't be is our only option up top, which is why I think people are getting on his back. We want more of what we got from him Malmo at home and Fenerbache. He is capable at that level, what we can't do is soley rely on him though.

With Dembele we have another option, hopefully one who can do damage at that level.

15. Captain Brown Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    People ready to drop Griffiths for some * that's never even played for us need to stop fishing.

Don't bite at this lads.

And wanyama.... I'm sure you could find videos of Scott Sinclair missing in big games so your point is not valid.

16. boondock

Honestly he's just not my type of player. I like guys who can link up and who are intelligent on the ball. Griffiths reminds me of a wild dog let off his chain sometimes, his first touch can be laughable and he's very greedy too.

40 goals is good but like Wanyama said he had about 10 chances each game. He has too many flaws in his game to be our main man, flaws that can be glossed over in Scotland but ones that are magnified in Europe. He'd be a great sub I just hope he's content with that because I'm sure Brendan will see his level.

17. boondock

What the? :smiley-laughing002:

His point is valid because it's proven that Griffiths misses easy chances on the big stage. Europa isn't even the big stage ffs and he was terrible when it mattered last season. He's not clinical at all

18. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

:smiley-laughing002:

19. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

10 chances a game?

20. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

I can't be arsed getting into it again but I'm not a fan of Griffiths, never have been. My hope is Dembele is as good as we all hope and is the number one striker, with Griffiths the back up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.