1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Brendan Fraudgers!

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 20, 2016.

Discuss Brendan Fraudgers! in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Minimalist

Got tactically outsmarted tonight to the degree of embarrassment which is really disappointing considering he went over to Barcelona and studied them for two years I think, you would think we would be better than that.

I expect much better at Home.

2. Maestro 08

This & red imps are huge black marks on his CV here.

3. DJ CJ

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Maybe red imps but not this, mourinho got beat 5-0 by this lot with a team worth hundreds of millions and it's not hindered him has it?

4. Vinnie BBQ Justice is lost Justice is raped Justice is gone.

It doesn't matter how our team would be set up tonight it's Barca ffs!. We be up for a pumping anyhow, no matter how long your story is. My *, You became a really bitter person as soon you quit your moderater job on here. No posetivity in sight for you.

5. Deco17

needs the time to get his whole team. DDV is not the answer though. very poor tonight

6. Maestro 08

Honestly mate they play like that week in week out its shouldnt be a surprise to us. They never had to extended themselves to any great degree for any of their goals. It was made easy for them.

Our worst Euro defeat is never a good thing to have presided over & on top of losing to Part timers in Red Imps, it's a brass neck for him.

He should stop bumming up Suarez so much as well.

7. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    If ever the phrase "you can only work with the tools you are given" was appropriate, then it was tonight.

You can't blame the manager for that, at all.

To go to the Nou Camp against the best passing team in world football, with arguably the best front line ever to play together collectively as well as world class players around them, and be shown up, says more about the gulf in class between us and Barca, than it does bad management from Brendan Rodgers.

He will be devastated, humiliated, and hurt by that result. But it will make him stronger and it will make him realise how big that gulf in class is, and what needs to be done to minimise it, if possible.

8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/10577243/rodgers-barca-defeat-no-embarrassment

Celtic manager Brendan Rodgers speaking to the media after tonight's loss: "Professionally it’s never nice when it happens.

BR: "Thought in the first period of the game our set up and organisation was good. Lost an early goal but came back into it.

BR: "Got a bit of belief and confidence but the pen was a massive moment.

BR: "If we could have got that it could have made the crowd nervy. To then go 2-0 down was disappointing.

BR: "We came in at half-time, knew the next goal was going to be important.

BR: "They scored and then by the time the end of the game comes we were frustrated and disappointed.

BR: "This is going to be a learning season. Tough night, but no embarrassment because they do that to much better teams than ourselves.

BR: "It’s a disappointment. Tough to take but these players have been brilliant.

BR: "They couldn’t have come to a more difficult place in world football with hardly any prep.

BR: "Last 15-20 mins felt long but as a team they will learn and that will make us better.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2016
  9. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Well who woulda thought Sinclair would've wanted to come up? What a revelation he's been..

If Rodgers can get another couple of his ilk, in January or the summer, we'll be far better off for it..

10. Markybhoy

What the * are you slabbering about?

You've been reading the forum with your eyes shut if you haven't seen me say anything positive since the season started.

11. AJ Styles Moussa Dembele's eyes Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry

He didn't mention Character :38:

12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

he but I forgot to add it will edit the post when I'm not on my phone.

13. Vinnie BBQ Justice is lost Justice is raped Justice is gone.

No, I havent seen you post nearly anything positive as soon your moderater job was done. Didn;t I say that already in my last post? Shows the real you doesn't it?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2016
  14. cammy07

No question we were poor, but we were playing a team that had 8/9 world class players in the 11. Folk are kidding themselves if a result like this wasn't totally unexpected. make no mistake about it it's disappointing and is very tough to take, but we have to pick ourselves up, dust ourselves down and get back to business again. No point dwelling on that tonight.

15. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Dont worry Brendan, I still love you.

16. Glorious1967

:50:

17. BigSeanThornton

How come Bitton got the nod over Rogic ? - do you think he will drop deplores de vries on Saturday ?

18. blizzard bhoy

Fav Celtic Song:
    Merry Ploughboy
    Nicely put

19. horseshoe

With some of the posts on here tonight I have to wonder if some people are just unwilling to admit the size of the gap, or deluded enough that they don't actually see it.

I'm not happy about tonights result by any means but folk on here need to get a grip and realise what we're dealing with, not just against Barca but the level of competition in the CL in general, the gap is getting bigger not smaller, unless there's an overhaul of scottish football and a restructuring of european competition we're going to struggle against richer leagues, it's the unfortunate reality.

20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

BRENDAN Rodgers was disappointed but not downhearted after Celtic were undone by a brilliant Barcelona side in the Nou Camp in their UEFA Champions League opening group match.
    The La Liga side and their galaxy of stars were in imperious form and ruthlessly put the Hoops to the sword, scoring seven times without reply.
    Their fantastic front-three did most of the damage - Lionel Messi scored a hat-trick, Luis Suarez bagged a brace and Neymar found the target with a sublime free-kick.
    Andres Inestia was the other scorer on a painful night for Scottish champions, though few sides would have lived with the La Liga champions on this sort of form.
    Moussa Dembele did have a penalty saved by Marc-Andre ter Stegen in the 24th minute when the score was still 1-0 and that proved costly as Luis Enrique’s team went on to inflict serious punishment.
    Speaking after the game, the manager said: “Of course professionally, it’s never nice when it happens. In the first period of the game our set-up and organisation was good.
    “We gave away a goal very early which is certainly what you don’t want to do here but I felt we came back into the game. Once we got a bit of belief and confidence to actually pass the ball then we started to open up and create opportunities.
    “There was a massive moment in the first half and if you get the penalty and get it to 1-1, you could make the crowd a bit nervy, especially after the weekend loss. But to then very quickly go 2-0 down was very disappointing.
    “But we came in at half-time and we looked at the game and we knew the next goal was going to be very important.
    “And of course they got the third goal and then there was that combination of tiredness, mixed in with their quality and freshness.
    “These are top-class players and they have done that to much better teams than ourselves and by the time the game comes to an end you are frustrated and disappointed.
    “You can’t be too downhearted. It doesn’t matter if we were playing Barcelona or Berwick Rangers, you are playing for professional pride and no professional likes to lose like that, even though you are playing against a team of world class players.
    “We will go and reflect on the game. We have had a brilliant start to this season and this won’t hamper us in any way. We will always take the positives from it.
    There is a lot of learning to be done and it’s still very early for us working together. We came into this game with little preparation time after a huge game at the weekend. We will recover and rest tomorrow and come back in Thursday and see the areas in which we can improve and get ready for our league game at the weekend.”
    And the Hoops boss insisted that his young team, who have impressed so much in the early part of the campaign will improve for this harsh footballing lesson from the Catalan giants.
    He said: “For our players, this competition is going to be a brilliant learning season for them in the Champions League.
    “Tonight was one of those tough nights you take at this level and there can be no embarrassment because they do that to much better teams than ourselves.
    “These players have been brilliant. They couldn’t have come to a more difficult place in world football after a high-intense game at the weekend which they put so much into and dealt with so much pressure and play so well.
    “To have had hardly any preparation time to come and play against the world’s best at keeping the ball and tiring you out and beating you up with the football at times was a tough ask and that last 15-20 minutes probably did feel quite long.

This is a young group of players but even the older ones will learn from it and it will make it a better team.”