1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Brendan Fraudgers!

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 20, 2016.

Discuss Brendan Fraudgers! in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    He won't, but let them dream. If MON taught me anything, it's that you have to enjoy these times when they're here, because they don't come around too often. I was a young man of 22 when MON signed and I'm a middle-aged man off 39 now. By that reckoning, I'll probably be well into my 50's at the very least the next time.

Let's not think about him leaving just yet, mate.

2. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

I'm older...:54:

As I said enjoy him whilst he's here but 2-3 yrs in the max we'll get out of a manager of his quality.. Hope I'm wrong but that's the reality..

3. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    It is, but let's not think of that. It's like being at the best party of your life and thinking: "*, I've got work tomorrow morning."

4. AJ Styles Moussa Dembele's eyes Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    He's not gonna leave us for some lower league EPL team the only way he leaves is for the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea or Spurs

5. charlietully

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Isn't it just great to have a top drawer manager who has a real affinity with the club and its ethos ala MON. Family all mad celts. Loving it!

6. Rendog

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM song
    Did the 2 gaffers meet afterward for a coffee? 2 sugars Warbuton

7. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

He knows. He brought them up from the dressing room. :smiley-laughing002:

8. limerickcelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    all of em
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    Thank * we didnt get Moyes thats all i can say.

9. limerickcelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    all of em
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    To be fair, and Brendan says this too, its still early, We havent won * all yet.
    What the club did was what we have all been crying out for for years (took them * long enough), Get a good manager, start buying some quality, trim the squad and get rid of some of the *. We've all been saying it for years.
    But we got lucky with Brendan who has a real feel for the club and knew, like us, what was needed and had the ability to do it.
    Theres still a long way to go but maybe just maybe we can get to the stage where we are a force in europe again. 10 in a row i couldnt care less about, as i said before, winning the spl is like being voted most handsome man in the burns unit.
    But it is the passageway into the champions league. And thats where we need to be.
    And being there and competing will help us tokeep Brendan.

10. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Was talking to my da about this subject today (how long he will be here).

He's 43 now, I almost forget he is still that young. He could very well stay here for 5 years and have the opportunity to go back down South and face other challenges.

Also need to remember that he has already had one of the biggest jobs imaginable in England, in Liverpool. Any club wanting to take him from here would have to offer something special. It isn't impossible for him to stay for a prolonged period.

I'm that confident in his ability that I wouldn't mind if we scrapped the rolling contract stuff and just tied him down.

11. PEI#1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    I agree....I just get the feeling that he just may build that affinity with the club that has him staying a bit longer than he intended....a bit like Henrik.

12. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    I think while he's allowed to keep a successful side he will stay. If PL starts messing with him he will go. He's very much his own man.

13. celtic20

Pretty sure Warburton will have needed a * bottle nevermind a wee drink after the game yesterday.

14. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    The way he clamped Luke Shanley for saying Leigh who :rofl:

15. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

:smiley-laughing002:

Then Tanner in the studio defending him "to be fair to Luke, it was only a joke":56::56:

16. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Aye mate, just watching it now. That was brilliant from Brendan, completely flipped the switch on him :56:

17. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    You know, my 3 favourite ever Celtic managers have been Martin O'Neill, Lenny and Wee Strachan.

All 3 had a * infuriating habit of not turning to their bench when the game started going in a different direction.

I can't remember one single Celtic manager who has succesfully used his subs as well as Brendan has. Every game, with the exception of Hapoel away, he's made the right call, at the right time and kept the games under our control.

I love it. That's how a manager influences games.

18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

BRENDAN Rodgers admitted yesterday’s memorable Glasgow derby in Paradise more than matched his expectations.
    A magnificent Moussa Dembele hat-trick and goals from Scott Sinclair and Stuart Armstrong saw the Hoops hammer Rangers 5-1.
    It was a superb showing from the champions, who worked furiously off the ball and also produced some wonderful passages of play to leave their city rivals reeling.
    The manager said: “It was everything I expected and more. It was a beautiful day and the supporters were incredible and they lifted the team.
    "When I came in here early, I said they have to understand the model in terms of how we want to work and play, and you can see them starting to get a feel for what we are doing.
    “Every supporter loves a team that works tirelessly and hard and that’s what this team did, and they got their rewards as they have quality. It was a really special occasion and it’s always nice when you are on the winning side.”
    After preserving their 100 per cent start to the domestic campaign, Celtic have now extended their lead at the top of the table and hold a game in hand over their rivals.
    And while the Hoops boss is pleased with the early progress his team has made since the summer, he’s aware that many obstacles still lie ahead over the course of the campaign
    He said: “There are many challenges ahead for us but the beauty is we wanted to bring this offensive threat into the team, and for that you need to be fit and powerful in your running and your ability to press.
    “You can see we can go for 90 minutes in a game of football and that’s what gets us that relentless effect in the team and gets us goals.
    “We will come across a number of challenges. It’s still very early. We have won four out of four and yesterday is always special for the supporters and the club, but it’s over.
    “Of course, I will review the game and see where we can improve and hopefully keep making it difficult for teams we play against.”
    Scott Brown, who bossed the midfield in the derby, had to come off with around 15 minutes left on the clock and his fitness will be assessed over the coming days ahead of the UEFA Champions League clash against Barcelona.
    “We will need to assess that and see how it is tomorrow. I always say to the players that we don’t need to be heroes. If you have an issue or problem or feel a tightness, we can get you off as we have a bench and that’s what the squad is about. We will see how he is.
    “With Scotty, you saw his performance: Scott Brown does his talking on the field. He leads the team. He’s a very respectful guy.
    "He bossed the game in the middle of the field and showed his power and strength and his leadership qualities. Of course, I want that in every game but if he’s not able to play someone else will have to come but let’s wait and see."
    Leigh Griffiths, who missed the thumping win over the Ibrox side through injury will be unavailable for the trip to Catalunya.
    “Leigh won’t make Tuesday," added the manager. "I think he’s had the injury before and he was hoping he could get through, but I would say it will be a week or so."

19. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Even in that game he brought on Erik for the last 20 odd minutes and killed the game.

He couldn't have had a better start. Won every game domestically, beating our title "rivals", St Johnstone and the huns. Qualified for the CL, and made some very good signings.

20. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    True infact, I was thinking more the move to the diamond that was mental. Corrected his mistake though, every game I can think of his subs have effected the game tremendously.