1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Brendan Fraudgers!

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 20, 2016.

Discuss Brendan Fraudgers! in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    A less than flattering pre season? Wow * eeee..

2. Dr. Frasier Crane

He had a great pre season :97:

3. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    What games was he good in then?
    I didnt think he was great v Barca or Leicster and definitely not the imps away. didnt think he performed particularly well in Slovenia.

Granted, maybe finding fitness until now. But iv been a sceptic of his for the past few seasons now because I feel he goes missing in the big games, especially europe.

4. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    No way was he "great".

5. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Think we've had a good pre-season. Undefeated in Slovenia, only beaten by Leicester on penalties, and we have Barca a good game.

We've had a total freak result against the Red Imps. Other than that, Rodgers has had a very good start.

6. donnegal celt

Is the Dons going be first full house under Brendan. Look online and says its sold out.

7. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik

Ah think we are getting our wires crossed. I was talking about Scott Brown which has kind of went on a tangent within this thread of Rodgers.
    I think Rodgers has doen the necessities and made the changes to begin making progress. Im optimistic.

8. Dr. Frasier Crane

He's had a great pre season.

9. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

What achievements? You've jumped in to bash Deila without having a clue what I'm getting at.

The nutrition, 24/7 athlete, filtering of youth processes Rodgers will expand on already have the building blocks in place.

Rodgers is just a more experienced and higher level manager, at this juncture and will have the clout to push it all through where Deila faltered.

10. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    One of the biggest grins I've seen was the youth game last week. That certainly is a legacy that Ronny left, which most of us are positive is looking great just now and for the future..

11. Big Boss Gold Member Gold Member

His only bad game was the Imps away game, and pretty much everyone in the team in that game was * poor so you can hardly hold it against him personally. However since then he's improved and had decent games against Leicester and Barca and Imps at home, and I'd say he's been great in both legs vs Astana and against Hearts. So yeah, I think he's got his form back already and it's early August, impressive considering quite a few wrote him off as finished at the tail end of last season.

12. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

I can't make sense of this post mate?

13. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Well clearly Lennon achieved a few title wins and won cups also. And a last 16 in the CL.

Im not bashing anyone. I liked Deila but its a harsh reality that some people dont want to face because he was a nice, likeable, endearing guy. We regressed as a team in his time in charge. Not instantly but gradually.
    What did "the nutrition" achieve? Id argue Lennons diet and regime was more effective.

Im of the personal oppinion that Deila failed to improve on the platform Lennon built. And now Rodgers has had to halt the decline and turn it round.

Again, I really liked Ronny as a guy, but maybe I just dont think on him as affectionately as you.

14. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    I watched most of, if not all of the pre season games and he wasnt great in quite a few of them. If you look back at the match threads in this forum you will witness the general consensus of his performances.

Hes put in one strong performance (my opinion) and i hope he can build on that and rediscover his form but the jury will still be out unless he can. But I still want a top earner and one of our big players doing it in the big games too.

15. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Which one?

16. VikingBhoy

Ronny was great for the kids, Rodgers can build on that. Now, Ronny didn't do so well with the more established players and Rodgers can fix that.

17. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

You are fabricating things in your head, again. Forget affection, forget Lenny, forget 'Rodgers achievements'

It's my opinion that Brendan Rodgers will benefit from a number of building blocks that Ronny Deila put in place. Griffiths, KT, Janko, McGregor, Roberts and Erik for starters. If you don't want to give him credit for that, that's your prerogative. As it is mine to think the opposite.

18. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    The youth's/academy. Ronny was big on the kid's doing exactly what the first team do, all the way through. Fitness, diets and we're now seeing real athletes coming through the ranks. As opposed to the day's of the constant wee midgets for a start..

He had a big influence on it, so much so that he had/allowed our captain to get so involved with them..

19. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I agree. Ronny underachieved compared to Lenny because of his lack of tactical flexibility and failure to develop a strong mental toughness and team spirit. Of course Lenny was the better manager but I would argue that Ronny was the better coach (not saying NL wasn't good!) and we will benefit from a lot of the long-term foundations he put in place for years to come.

20. VikingBhoy

I think Ronny struggled with the culture. A manager in the UK needs to be able to knock heads in a way that you don't need as much in Scandinavia. I think that affected the mentality of the team.