1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

How Do You Define Celtic

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by The Regime, Apr 12, 2016.

Discuss How Do You Define Celtic in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    You've got the wrong idea of Celtic then. If you know your history and all that. Shallow nonsense you spout.:38:

2. DutchHoops

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tierney
    Celtic is a bridge between my Scottish roots, Irish roots and my family.

3. Deco17

Celtic to me is a way of life as a passionate supporter but also believe in the cause for Irish Unity and how I've become a Celtic supporter through family roots due to the fact my old mans in an RFB. Combining all that together then I think quite a lot of people would understand. That's why when we are so bad and the mess we get put in I go crazy and vent my anger on this half the time but folk on here seem to think I'm from the dark side for an awful reason:smiley-laughing002:. :celt_2::shamrock:

4. Hail_hail6767

Erm quite brutally honest. Great fans great club board in it for a profit.

5. Don Corleone

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamuraaaaaa
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    By a word it's passion. I've never felt the feelings I've had for a football club than I've had for Celtic. I love football deeply and I watch a lot of it, but when Celtic play a big game I have the exact same heart in mouth adrenaline that I get when Ireland is playing a big game and I love that feeling, no matter what the result is.

6. This Charming Man

He's just crying for a bit of attention, poor lad.

7. Minimalist

Our Club is defined by the presence of our Irish heredity which practiced social egalitarianism in the 19th century from a genocide, without it we are nothing and it comes with the product of its Irishism; songs, politics and philosophy which is reflected in the terraces; That separates us from other Football Clubs because we have a identity rather than some soulless private sector business that is just made for Football and Football only like a Arsenal or some embarrassing * like that, we have gained friendships with other Clubs such as St Pauli and Barcelona that have a similar identity, its caused conflict with others such as the Oldco & Newco, Hamburg and other fascist sentimental Clubs because they oppose our product of our existence.

Its beautiful that we were created for a social purpose that has a identity and that is why I support Celtic - It represents who I am, a Scot that has Irish descent and has grown up in a Irish Republican household.

It makes it sweeter that we have lifted the ultimate Club Footballing trophy - The European Cup. That will forever lay rest in Celtic Park and give testament that we should never be underestimated. We must acknowledge the past efforts of the Club from the success of Jock and others and try to emulate they efforts, we must be building new Legends which big Jock stated. Our potential has reached the top of the game and I believe we can do it again if things went our way with economic factors. We are a huge institution that is in every region of the planet, it's incredible.

The nights we play in Europe is impossible to put in words, it could bring tears to your eyes, we were made for they nights. You'll Never Walk Alone being sand before the players come out and the Champions League anthem roar is unbelievable.

We are a special and remarkable Club ladies and gentlemen and its a pleasure being a Tim. Long may it continue. * bless Éire and Tiocfaidh ár lá.

:shamrock:

8. Creativecelt Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current Team:Kyogo; Invincible Team: Brown; Seville Team: Larsson; Burns Team: McNamara
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Various
    laughed out loud, at that. to some fans its true and thats why its so funny and tragic.

9. hakumeikirameki

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ever: The King; Now: Leigh Griffiths
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Celtic
    ˈkɛltɪk,ˈs-/
    adjective
    relating to the Celts or their languages, which constitute a branch of the Indo-European family and include Irish, Scottish Gaelic, Welsh, Breton, Manx, Cornish, and several extinct pre-Roman languages such as Gaulish.
    noun
    the Celtic language group.

:bbpd:

10. Gift From God

From a very young age Celtic has been my life they were my very first love* and they will remain that way forever. Through any heartbreak, through any difficult and humiliating defeats Celtic have proven to be a massive part of my soul and the spirit and love for the club has shun through and I always have ended up returning 'Celtic, Celtic that's the team for me.'

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2016
  11. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    We have a history and culture matched by few clubs in the world.

Our fans are known the world over, our strip is recognised wherever you go, whether it's New York or the feckin' middle of the Amazon chances are some * has a Celtic kit. We also have the greatest song book of any club in the world as well. One of the best moments of my life was doing a huddle and belting out the entire Wolfetones song book in the middle of the Magaluf strip as me and a few mates randomly bumped into 20 other tims. We are one of few supports who can go anywhere in the world and not really cause any trouble. You get the odd * here and there but I mean that is a given, this forum has demonstrated that many a time.

Even in the dark times we have had over the years, so many great memories have lingered and will continue to do so. We've not only had huge success at home but have for years been recognised as a team with a proud European history, regardless of how * we might be at this moment. :56:

It's difficult not to sound cheesy when answering a question like this, but, it really is more than a club to millions of people. Me included.

Barring a few clubs(Barcelona, Real, Man United) there are few who are bigger. Only thing that stops us is the league where we operate and the way in which footballing is continually changing.

12. Markybhoy

The central theme that most of us seem to share is that we feel Celtic is more than just a football club. It's part of a bigger historical picture that reaches far beyond football. Which parts of that picture we personally choose to identify with is our own business but most of us seem to share the feeling that being a Celtic fan is about a * of a lot more than just supporting a football team.

I don't doubt that fans of Hibs, Hearts, Leeds, Aston Villa etc all love their teams. They most likely love the football part of it as much as we do. But their clubs don't have that extra something that Celtic has. I know there are fans of other clubs who are happy that their team is just a football team. They don't want the extra stuff that Celtic's history entails. Personally I love that we are more than just a football club. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2016
  13. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    They're in the RA!

14. og1

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    This PLC business is destroying the soul of the club though.

15. Markybhoy

The Celtic board do appear to be on a mission to turn us into just another football club.

16. Creativecelt Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current Team:Kyogo; Invincible Team: Brown; Seville Team: Larsson; Burns Team: McNamara
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Various
    A Broad Church and family. Like all religions there is different sects and beliefs. And like all families there is family members that you see eye to eye with and others that you can't believe you are related to.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2016
  17. og1

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    Indeed they do.

18. NickP1888

A charity. Makes me proud how much we've done for the lesser off in years gone past, and how much we still do now. Personally think we could be doing more to donate to charity, especially with the money that goes around football in the modern game. * bless the Celtic.

19. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I would define Celtic as very IRA.

20. richie87 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonny Doyle
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    The Pie's and Bovril,