1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

What does next season hold in store for Celtic?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Mr. Slippyfist, Apr 7, 2016.

Discuss What does next season hold in store for Celtic? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

In the stars;It Was Written.

2. saltire78

Ok, if we're going to sssume that everything in the spl will follow a similar route to when oldco were in the league now that the tribute act is 'back' in terms of the profile and 'value' of the league:

1) We used to spend about £9-10m over a season on players transfers.
    2) our tv deal was worse than the bt deal, so more money there.
    3) the £100 discount on season tickets wil likely disappear
    4) safe standing may see increased interest
    5) we've less debt to pay down, and now have a younger and lower paid player wage base than ever

Thus should mean we've a good £10-11m to spend, without even pushing the boat out. That could easily be two £3m and one £4m type player. That'd be enough to alter our team dynamic quite drastically for the better I think.

But instead, I think we'll bring in one good player on loan and 2 cheaper signings and wait for the Christmas transfer window to see if we need to do anything else.

We're almost certainly going to stick with Ronny until that time too.

3. saltire78

* me! I think i just came a little reading that... :smiley-laughing002:

But meanwhile, back in reality... :31:

4. Keano88

Although he has played vs Fenerbahce(2) and Ajax and didn't look out of place.

Both are a higher level than anything we'll face in the qualifiers tbh... I'm sure he'll be fine :50:

5. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    That is the * least of our worries, trust me. :56:

6. Jozo The Provo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic symphony
    I think Ronny will stay I think we'll do better in the league and I'd expect a few more young players to come up I don't see us selling anybody from the 1st team other then deadwood I expect to make it to the Champion's League but I'm expecting to get hammered in most matches so kinda the level of Lennys last season not terrible not great I think that would represent decent progress

7. Gourlay1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tam Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I think that after this season is done. We will have a league and cup double. I believ that ronny will leave. I believe that we will get Moyes as our new manager. I think that a few players, potentially the likes of Biton/Johansen/Rogic will leave. Common's may leave or realise that his long lasting playing days are nearly over - taking up a coaching role. I think we will qualify for the group stages of the UCL. Depending on the type of player we get in - i DO think that this summer is the summer we splash out.

8. Kyogo Furuhashi Gold Member Gold Member

If we win the double Ronny will get another shot at the CL next season I believe.

Going off his results in Europe over the past two seasons and the way we are playing at the moment, I don't see us getting past the qualifiers. If we get chucked out I think Delia will be sacked and rightly so.

Hopefully we can trim the squad a bit. Get shot of Cole, Scepovic, Cifcti, Stokes, Forrest, Efe, Kazim Richards.

Hopefully we can sign Rogic and Mulgrew on new deals.

With Sevco coming up we will spend more than the past few summers. We already have the boy Ajer coming in and Roberts will be here for the full season. Hopefully we can add to the squad more, a striker to help Griffiths is a must.

A league and cup double, scudding the zombies a few times, improvement in Europe and some entertaining football would be lovely.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2016
  9. Minimalist

At this present time I think the following will happen:

1) Ronny will still be here even if he just wins the League title.

a] If anything he will leave with mutual consent, I doubt he will get sacked, unless we lose the League title.

2) We might qualify for the Champions League, it depends on the following:

a] The Board must reform the current failed structural recruitment policy as its insubstantial which creates the event of risky transfers and has became counter-productive (Literally roll-the-dice/hope players are being invested, predominantly in the Strikers Area). If this reforms under Ronny, I believe he could do better with what he has got right now, reforming it would be a ideal alternative for the Board.

b]The Board terminates Ronny's contract (Which costs us, I doubt Lawwell will do it unless its an emergency) then appoints a David Moyes, Brendan Rodgers type on a compromise agreement (This means we actually give our new Manager fully autonomy, no interference from suits, because I think these Managers would become apathetic with the Boards offer: interfering/limited autonomy on transfers, austerity transfer budget, coequal wage structure and a confidentiality agreement/NDA/CA)

3) Season Tickets will see a increase to around 47k-52k mark:

a] By the presence of the Tribute Act/Sevco.

b] If we get Champions League participation.

10. Silenzio

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    It will largely depend on whether or not we win the league this season. Untill that happens (let's hope so), I cannot be arsed by games against Sevco this season or next season.

11. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Exactly how I feel.

Those who say it's silly to think like that must be on a different planet. Deila has never threatened to qualify and I fear he never will.

I see no future for him here if he fails in next season's champions league qualifiers.

I have no idea about next season. It's all up in the air. Who will be manager? Who will be leaving? What finances will we have?

No one can really answer those with great certainty.

12. chrish788

This club needs a big appointment to send out a statement. Moyes.

13. DutchHoops

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tierney
    I want Ronny gone but I don't want Lennon in, I'd take Moyes.

14. Glorious1967

Changes need to be made from Boardroom to Dugout, Lawwell, Deila and the fat cat Tory * need chasing

15. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Tough one.

What I hope for is Deila to be gone soon and Moyes replacing him. If that happens then:

- He'll get some money to spend and get in a couple of good players.
    - Tierney will continue to improve.
    - Sviatchenko will be fantastic and the leader of the team.
    - Brown and Commons, amongst others, will no longer be a big part of the team.
    - We'll qualify for Europe and improve domestically.

That's if we get Moyes, which is probably unlikely.

If not Moyes, I fear for who we get.

16. Once a Tim

I can see us getting hut with Stubbs on the cheap and seeing Cummings joining us, finishing third and half the fans wanting to give him time.

17. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    * only knows what direction we are heading in now. I'd like Lennon back personally, also wouldn't mind Moyes.

18. Kurt 2112

Fav Celtic Player:
    Sutton
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    That sounds like a dream come true scenario :50:

19. Once a Tim

If there is a positive from today it's probably that Celtic were tragic and they were good and still took a wonder goal and penalties to beat us... That being said a real positive would be for Deila to get the chop before work tomorrow

20. dmccourt95

We need to get rid of the dead weight and the board better buck up their ideas, we better wipe the floor with the league next season, regain some pride in Europe. No more time for embarrassing failure its time to step up and be ruthless we've been given an unprecedented advantage and have done * all with it