1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Official TC Thread] Celtic vs The Rangers, Scottish Cup Semi Final April 17th, 12pm SKY SPORTS 2

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Dáibhí, Mar 7, 2016.

Discuss Celtic vs The Rangers, Scottish Cup Semi Final April 17th, 12pm SKY SPORTS 2 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Millerntor

Why, when you are going to the games?

2. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    Because I'm a student and basically my account can hit 0 for like a weeks at time. :56: But if I'm skint my friend who go's to the games with me will use my client code and get me ticket and then I'll give him the money back when I get paid.

3. Millerntor

You should use the HCTS to discipline yourself in preparation for your move into the real world.

4. RoarBhoy

Also a student season book holder, not on the home cup ticket scheme
    Luckily I attend most away games so I got a ticket

5. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    You don't know what I need to live on. It's nearly impossible at times. The fact I can get by on what I get is discipline in itself.

6. Ledleysleftfoot

Fav Celtic Player:
    Joe Ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic song!
    I'm pretty certain there's only two places available in the side for this game. And it's the two wide positions. The back 5 is an absolute certainty; Gordon, Lustig, Sviatchenko, Mulgrew, Tierney. Almost certainly Brown and Biton in the middle, and Johansen and Griffiths will play. That leaves you either side of Johansen. My guess is that it'll be Commons, and one of McGregor/Rogic/Armstron/GMS/CKR. For what it's worth, I think Ronny will go with Kazim-Richards.

7. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

:sicksmile I hope not

8. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Gordon
    Lustig Sviatchenko Mulgrew Tierney
    Brown McGregor Johansen
    Commons Griffiths GMS​

9. James Gold Member Gold Member

Millerntor just out of curiosity do you have a season book ?

10. Millerntor

Yes, why?

11. strike twice

Any word about TV coverage of the semi - finals . Sorry if this subject has been dealt with earlier , and I've just jumped in .

12. evilbunny1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Not all students live in a fantasy world mate. :50:

13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Sky Sports 2 12PM

14. strike twice

Thanks Crow .

15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

:50:

16. Fatface

Your first point is key - many (if not most) of those fans who went to the two aways would also have been at the Morton game. By my estimation that would have been in the region of 6,000. Its fair that these fans get first preference.

But then deduct that 6,000 from the Celtic support at the Morton game ( approximately 12,000 ) this means you only needed to allocate a further 6,000 (or possibly less) to reward those ST holders who attended that game. Out of an allocation of what ? 18,500 ? Easily done with c5,000 tickets to spare.

It is shocking to me that ST holders have effectively been penalised for 'only' attending a home game. The criteria used by Celtic is completely malfeasant in intent.

What's the message here ? Go to away games and don`t bother with the homes ?

As for the HCTS, fair point. But I work on Sundays and already miss league games on those days. The prospect of paying more money to miss more games doesn`t appeal to me.

17. The Celtic Way

all celtic care about these days is money, fans being on the scheme is exactly what they want, all they care about is numbers, fans on the scheme get rewarded with what ??? tickets for more games that they would all ready be going to anyway.

18. Fatface

No doubt.

I get why Celtic have the HCTS, its gets money in the door quicker and for some games against lesser teams that many fans would otherwise possibly not bought tickets for. With the crucial carrot of semi final and final tickets etc.

I don't know how many ST holders are on the scheme but if the last round is anything to go by, there are a number paying for tickets and not going to the game. Its a personal choice to do that but we seem to have a growing number of paying, but absent fans.

19. Lion1961 Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fenian Record Player
    No it doesn't get the money in quicker because HCTC games often get charged after the games have taken place. Granted though it does guarantee the seat is sold and paid for irrespective if the purchaser attends or not.

I've been on HCTC since it started not because it makes me a better fan than anyone else but because it saves me having to go and get tickets for games that the ST isn't valid for. Plus i'm guaranteed my own seat.

I don't think being on the HCTC guarantees you a ticket for semi's and any finals but it does put you into a higher priority list so that's an extra advantage. I've maybe been lucky in that I've always been allocated tickets to semi and finals and most if not all of the away games. But I certainly don't think I have any * given right to one just because i'm a ST & on the HCTS etc.

As for numbers on HCTC it's not that high really something like 10 - 12,000 according to the people I've spoken to in the TO.

Is the system used for allocating semi and final tickets unfair? Yes it is but unless Celtic can find some way of rewarding people purely on matches attended home, away and in Europe with a points system then it's impossible to keep everyone happy.

A points system is probably the fairest way I can think of which would allow the majority to get tickets for the cup and category A games.

20. PEI#1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    bang on mate