1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Failed Recruitment Policy

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Minimalist, Mar 3, 2016.

Discuss Failed Recruitment Policy in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Oops didn't see the £1.5 million bit :52:

Still, I said at the time if our scouts had scoured the world and the best striker they had found for £1.5million was Ciftci that it was incredible.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2016
  2. GM-

Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
  3. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Interesting read.

Cheers for posting that mate. Also, how the * do you become a scout? Dream job:56:

4. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Like how he fails to mention all the duds they probably recommended. Also bringing up Janssen, who we didn't make an offer for by the sound of that, but looked at. Is that something to boast about ?

Shampoo.

5. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Decent interview, doesn't say much though in regards to the inner workings. But that there does say something to me.
    The scouts looked at him and he clearly feels he was a target worth going for, but someone said no to it. Who?

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

6. youngybhoy

* all they did was go to Portugal every other week...for what? NOTHING. Then when there holidays were over they gave Dudu Dahan a call....* am sure Dudu is deila's agent.

7. Roskopicachu

You could say, signing young players takes maybe a season or two to get going. So maybe next season we see the best of Janko, Allan, Christie etc. I just can't see how you can rest on your laurels in hope when so many good players are available in the window.

What hasn't been thought of, over the last two seasons is how signings affect moral and how before we had a real togetherness in the group. Ledley and Hooper go out and you bring in Balde and Pukki. Imagine a night out with those two?

So that really needs to be considered as well.

Ciftci coming in was hardly good for the group and same goes for Boerrigter and a whole list of others.

So we need the right moral and players who aren't intimidated by playing in Europe. Obviously you do your homework focusing on the football side, but you also want folk who train well and are a good laugh to be around.

I reckon we need more height in the team and more running power, they need to be able to keep the ball in tight areas, defend well and create goals not chances.

It's not really worth signing players unless you know they can come straight into the side. Sure have a couple of projects here and their, but give the punters value for money bringing in some real Europa League quality, mixed with the best British players, not just the best Scottish players.

8. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Craig Gordon poor investment :56:stopped reading after that, daft *.

9. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    * sake pull your skirt down luv. Take that passive aggressive bullshit somewhere else.

If youre not interested why comment?

10. celtic warrior

Dedryck Boyata £1.5m - first season of football in years - to early to judge him - I'd say black

Nadir Ciftci £1.5m - had high hopes for him, honestly thought he would be a decent physical option upfront - I'd keep as red

Colin Kazim-Richards Free - Shown signs he could be a solid performer for us and on a free - I'd say Breen (i've created a new colour :icon_mrgreen:)

Craig Gordon Free - when he signed I would be saying red all day everyday, however injuries seem behind him here and he's generally been consistent - easily Green for me

Stefan Scepovic £2.3m - red no doubt

Michael Duffy Undisclosed - not even joined, personally don't get why he was signed but at the very least i'd say black

Gary Mackay-Steven £250k - both him and Armstrong started off well, they played a blinder against Inter, but as our seasons and performances went down so did they - i'd say black
    Stuart Armstrong £2m - as above

Amido Balde £1.8m - red all day

Steven Mouyokolo Free - red all day * pointless signing

Derk Boerrigter £1m - Took a risk on player with experience but who was injury prone didn't work - red

Teemu Pukki £2.4m - Black for me, just as he was coming into some form he was sold (secretly I just want the Pukki Party back :52:)

Holmbert Fridjonsson £100k - red not sure what happened to him

Stefan Johansen £2m - never a red in a million years, was POTY, has had one off season, however there is still a player in there and given that I honestly believe we can still turn a profit on him - green

The rest in red I can mostly agree with in all fairness.

Logan Bailly Undisclosed if Gordon is a red and Bailly a black then I'm the queen of the universe

Scott Allan £275,000 - not really player much so black he stays
    Ryan Christie £500,000 - as above

Jozo Simunovic Undisclosed - Injuries are becoming a concern but right now still a black

Carlton Cole Free - nothing to debate here, thought he would of been tidy for us but like Ljunberg never reall saw the light of day here - RED

Erik Sviatchenko £1.5m - My new colour for him Breen

Nir Bitton £700,000 - taken his time getting there but despite recent performances i'd say green

Lassad Nouioui Free - red never settled here
    Tom Rogic £400,000 - Like bitton, has taken his time getting to where he is, another season like this and he's a green for life, right now though he's a Breen

Mikael Lustig Free - Common theme here because of the mess of this season but that aside he's been a great performer for us in some big games - Green

Charlie Mulgrew Free - maybe controversial but I'm gonna say green

Beram Kayal £1.2m - Stays a black, he promised so much but that * injury got in the way, was sad to see him leave :54:

Emilio Izaguirre £600,000 - Totally a green no doubt at all.

Anthony Stokes £1.2m - Another controversial one here but attitude and his dad aside, his record in most games for us speaks for itself - green

Everyone who is a green I would agree with.

11. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Long live the Pukki parties!:icon_mrgreen: he'll always be a legend in my eyes.

12. Dirk_Diggler

Done a similar thread ages ago my self regarding the awful scouting we have, it's not rocket science it hasn't been working for years!!

The amount of * we have signed the last few years has been totally unacceptable time to bin the current scouts and whole set up and get a manager in who wants his own players!!

Since 2003 since me lawell was appointed the signings and scouting has been utterly shocking and scandalous to be honest, we have had about a dozen decent signings in over a decade in which we have made decent money on, not good enough considering we have signed about 300 players within that time frame....

Surely the people at celtic see there system is not working?

Bin john park and get scouts in with a proven track record, these guys are out there you only need to look down South and see the new epl champions use a former pe teacher who went out and got Kante, Vardy, mahrez no * can't tell me we don't have the financial muscle to get out there and hire the best in the business!

We actually use a women scout who identified the big raw talent that is balde... Surely to * she should have got her p45 after we wasted 2 million on a big donkey ? Nope she's still on the books identifying new balde, s for us.