1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Link] Libor Kozák

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by VikingBhoy, Dec 8, 2015.

Discuss Libor Kozák in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Tags:
  1. z1c0

Griffiths and Cole canny hack it in Europe though, I still have hope Cifcti will come good, tiniest bit but still hope.

I mean, he must have something about him - touch and link up play look decent and that's what we really have been missing, is he the answer I have no idea, most likely not.

2. CalgaryBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tha Thumb
    Again I disagree w/regards to Griff. Scored twice against Malmo, against Fenerbache, and SHOULDVE scored at least 2 against Molde and Ajax. He has what it takes. IMO he is a striker who can fire us into the Champions League (needs a team mind you). At least he's getting himself into scoring positions, he didnt take them against the latter, but every striker is going to miss a couple. That for me is the main problem with Ciftci. He has great moments but after 20 minutes starts to drift into invinsibilty.

3. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Should've scored...that's the problem.

Missed too many chances.

4. terrasidius Sonic Attack Orchestrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Lambo, Larsson, Sutton, Nakamura, Rogic, Virgil, Dembele, Turnbull, Jota & Kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    COYBIG, Grace, Celtic Symphony, Orchestrated Sonic Attack
    Is his name pronounced 'Kojak'? We should sign him if that's the case.

5. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Did this character no knock us back before?

Cannae get a game for Villa, says it all. May aswell give Cole his chance to prove himself.

6. wulliebad

Celtic’s chase for a striker could end with Aston Villa’s Libor Kozák as Ronny Deila watched the Czech Republic international in Aston Villa u21s win over Derby County. Kozák put in a tenacious display and managed to score twice in the game. Celtic are out looking for a striker after Anthony Stokes’ series of tweets did not go down well with the club. The 27-year old was suspended in the first few days of December and it’s unlikely he’ll get into the first team frame very soon.

Celtic have looked strong in the league, but their European adventure has come to a premature end. The Hoops failed to make an impact even in the Europa League as their performance has been nothing short of abysmal having not won a game in five matches.

Celtic’s goal scoring burden has been handled mostly by Leigh Griffiths this season as the 25-year old has plundered an incredible 14 goals in 16 league games. The next highest goal scorer is Tom Rogic who has four goals to his name. Although the club signed Carlton Cole on a free transfer in October, Kozák could serve as a quality striker to support Griffiths. Cole is on the wrong side of his 30s, so it’s safe to say that he won’t be the player to take Celtic forward. Nadir Cifti hasn’t impressed in the team either.

The biggest criticism thrown towards Deila is the team’s retching run in the European competitions. The Neil Lennon days are long gone when a Celtic fan could go to the stadium knowing the team could even trouble the elites. While Lennon’s side wasn’t embroidered with quality in every position, the team spirit was always present. Deila still needs one or two players to get to a respectable position in the group stages at least and Kozák could be a start.

The 26-year old’s best spell came with Lazio where he plundered 22 goals including an incredible 10 goals in 11 Europa League games two years ago. His qualities include his brilliant aerial prowess and presence in the box. Kozak, for all his strength, is surprisingly deft when he combines with the midfielders in the final third.

Kozák’s last two years have been very average. However, it wasn’t just because he failed to settle in England due to form alone. A horrible injury in January 2014 ruled him out for more than a year and a half which meant that the other players moved ahead of him. He returned to training in the summer and has been playing well for the Villa u21 team with four goals in four games. A route to the main team could be possible as Villa’s attackers have been woeful to say the least. But, Kozák is entering an age where he will arguably be at his physical peak, so waiting for chances might not be the right thing to do.

There is no doubt he has the quality to succeed at Celtic. The move could be a small step in trying to make the Scottish Champions a slightly better team in Europe next season.

7. Lecs

Yeah the whole comment contradicted itself. The game against Malmo at home just showed how limited he is.

8. JamesM09

I think it could happen but I doubt he would go. No one will match the wages we pay him and he'll want to stay and fight for a place.

9. Idioteque I’ll laugh until my head comes off

Looks very much like the type of deal we go for. Can see this happening and with a bit of luck he might turn out to be the player we require.

10. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Possibly. Maybe sticking him out on loan to Wigan (who were bidding for him) or a championship side, would raise some interest. He'd probably do well down here..

11. CalgaryBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tha Thumb
    He's scored 4 times in 8 apps in Europe this season. Not a bad record. IMO he can cut it in Europe, but he'd be even more deadly playing with a proper strike partner, which most likely won't happen.

12. vinny25

If it's true he turned us down in the summer then forget it. You don't get to say no to Celtic twice (or shouldn't get to anyway).

13. wulliebad

"I'd like to see him start to see how he gets on," said Froggatt. "What can go wrong, that hasn't already gone wrong this season? It's true isn't it? Give the lad a go and if you play him as a lone striker up front, one thing you know he is capable of doing is holding the ball up front. I'm not so sure he's mobile enough to work the channels, but what he will do is hold the ball up," he added.

Just what we need.

14. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
  15. CalgaryBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tha Thumb
    As much as I want Jason Cummings, if Kozak is available for free or a small fee it's a bit of a no brainer seeing the experience he has; although yet another not-fit striker coming in isnt exactly impressive. My only thought is that unless RD has a plan to play whatever new striker he signs in a partnershipp then someone has to go. (griffiths, cole, ciftci, stokes, nesbitt, new striker) all looking at 1 spot thst Griff is almost a lock to start in

16. DaBomber

To be honest he'll see stokes and Nesbitt as wide men

17. seanbee01

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    let the people sing
    Would rather we brought in a winger or two and a defender im sick to death of us playing guys like Mcgregor and Armstrong and Commons on the wing we need some pace and flair on them flanks ... and the defence has next to no cover which is frightening we need guys brought in and blended for next years attempt at Europe.

18. DutchHoops

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tierney
    Rumours seem to have completely died out..
    Happy with that too, would rather see Nesbitt have a go.

19. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Nesbitt's a midfielder.

20. DutchHoops

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tierney
    I know but I find that weird judging by all the goals he scored you'd expect him to be able to play as a CF as well, think he'd have a bigger chance coming in the team as that than a midfielder.