1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ronny Out?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Slaw, Nov 5, 2015.

Discuss Ronny Out? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

The problem for me is that Ronny himself has said he wants to develop a culture, and that it takes time to get his point across. We are now halfway through his second season and he still hasn't gotten his point across.

All our best players never hang around for more than two years (one or two excepted) so is he ever going to be able to get his point across?

Sure he could buy up loads of Scots and Tims but are they really ever going to be good enough? I think we've produced one world class Scotsman in the last 30 years. And even if they did turn out to be world class or even above average is there any guarantee they would stay here just because they were boyhood Tims?

2. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
  3. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    It is tight though, like under Lennon the Elfsborg ties were very close, we didnt really out play them and could have been knocked out they were quite similar to the Malmo game this year. Shakhter Karagandy it almost went * up as well, we were poor and caught out by their height and long ball game. Helsingborg was a tight tie too and Legia really tore us apart.

The only teams who we seen off easily were Cliftonville, Stjarnan and HJK Helsinki. All the other ties have been quite close.

Some of the teams have been underestimated too like Qarabag who went on to beat Young Boys, Anderlecht and have drawn with Monaco, also were 1-0 up against Spurs but lost 2-1, they seem a good team in hindsight yet before we played them 90% of Celtic fans would have seen them as a diddy team who we should pump.

Most of the teams we play are coming from Leagues as strong as the SPL mostly stronger and the teams are coming into the ties in confidence because they have won their Leagues which required a lot of hard work for them, while we cruise through our League under no pressure.

4. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I remember the Helsinborg game being easier than the helsinki game both ties were comfy 2-0 wins, whereas in the helsinki game we had to come from 1-0 down at home if i remember. Also Legia was Deila not Lennon.

5. Mannix

We can't afford to give him too much time in the hope that his plan - whatever that is - might work, he has to show signs of progression. This year in Europe we have gone backways and barring a turnaround v Ajax and Fenerbache, his time is up. We can't afford to be missing out on potentially 20 million quid a year in the noble pursuit of a vision that may or may not come to pass. We can't afford to continue to gamble on Ronny Deila in the hopes that it may come good under him eventually.

Time to get real with Ronny Deila. It's win v Ajax and strong performances in that game and v Fenerbache with evidence that we are learning how to defend or cut our losses and get a new manager in by January.

6. Mr. Slippyfist

A manager can only beat what is infront of him - not Deila's fault Rangers died - as for the second sentence, what's the point in dealing with such whataboutery? He won the league, so there's no point discussing that.

Correct about fundamentals - a team does build from the back - hence why he brought in Denayer to play alongside the already established Virgil - a fruitful partnership that (as you know) had to be replaced since Denayer left and (as Deila has alluded to in interviews in the past week) van Dijk was desperate to leave and did so - meaning Boyata now has to be partnered beside someone sustainable - Simunovic.

Players are not pulling their weight in defence - the biggest offenders being Izaguirre, Ambrose and.....to be fair.....Boyata also - but Deila can only play with what he has got - I'll totally judge him after I see a run of games with Lustig, Boyata, Simunovic and Tierney as our back 4.

Like I say, Lambert appears to have a tendancy to jump as soon as a team with bigger finances come a clicking their fingers, Deila doesn't.

7. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I was thinking Lambert. Can't believe I forgot McStay. :smiley-laughing002:

8. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Ahh, arguably Darren Fletcher at his best as well. As short lived as it was.

I wouldn't go as far as saying world class for any though, top players, aye. Closest to world class we've had.

9. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Aye true. Still not in the top echelons of what you would call truly world class.

We are a million miles away from even that these days though.

I really like what Ronny is trying to do, I just feel he is * into the wind.

10. Mannix

What's the point in dealing with such whataboutery? No-one bigger than Celtic has come clicking their fingers looking for Ronny Deila yet and it remains to be seen if they ever do - highly unlikely - whether he will stay or not.

It's too easy to completely blame the players for the defensive frailties. The team is not set up properly in Europe. There were signs that maybe the penny was dropping in the away performance v Ajax, but against Molde it was back to square one.

Like I said Ronny Deila still has a chance v Ajax and Fenerbache to prove he can organise and set up a team properly in Europe. It looks unlikely that he'll do it though, and Celtic then face the task of replacing him and should do it before January.

11. Mr. Slippyfist

I've been thinking about it for the past week or so since the Molde debacle - I wanted him gone after that......probably an over-reaction, but I was mightily * off after that, as you can imagine.

I watched the interview with Sutton after that and I loved what I sen and heard from Deila - the man shows passion in his beliefs about the way we need to go about as a football club in utilizing our youth and implementing it with experience and quality.

I have to say, I'm willing to go along with Deila and be patient :50:

12. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    He has good ideas but even in that interview he showed fundemental flaws on why he isn't the right man for me. He refuses to believe that Boyaya and Ambrose playing out from the back puts us under pressure and continually talked about us not getting enough crosses in, when we aren't generall good at putting them in the net.

Slow football, pass out wide, cross. Is not good football, if you look at our goals in Europe this season our biggest threat has been when we played through the middle of the pitch. Deila sounds like he isn't a fan of that. That's worrying for me.

13. Mr. Slippyfist

That's not whataboutery.....it's fact.

I haven't completely blamed the players, nor have I wrote that to you in my reply - the players themselves have to take their FAIR share of the blame for their shambolic displays. Period.

See that's where you and I differ in opinion - as far as I'm concerned, the EL is now NOT a benchmark for Ronny's season - it's how his squad perform for the rest of the season, as well as the attitude of the players. If they do make reasonable improvements then he SHOULD be given one final crack at CL next season, then he goes immediately.

14. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    See if the next two EL games are worse than the last two, as shambolic as the last two but we romp the SPFL, would you be confident going into the qualifiers?

15. Mr. Slippyfist

I'd have to be mate.

If they are as shambolic, and I don't see improvement over the next 6 months in terms of maybe another recruitment and form of a partnership with Boyata and Jozo, then no.....I wouldn't be confident.

But that remains to be seen.

16. cammy07

That first leg was not a comfy 2-0 in the slightest :56:

We were under the cosh a lot of the game but were clinical as *, whereas they weren't.

17. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    We were reselient, something we were a lot under Lenny.

Still though, Chico Mulgrew for Ledley's goal... oooft.

18. Mannix

Be too late by then. We can't afford to * away another 20 million quid hoping that Deila gets a handle on the job. For me it's a bigger gamble to keep him than to sack him in January, unless he can suddenly prove somehow that he can set up a team properly v Ajax and Fenerbache. His last chance is v Ajax then a good performance away to Fenerbache is required otherwise to keep him beyond that would be negligence.

Period.

End of.

Story.

19. AllySives

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    For it's a grand old team...
    Got to say at this point I'd be thinking let Ronny see the season out but agree a contract for moyes to replace him at the seasons end.

20. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    There would be little point in that. It would give Moyes only a very brief few weeks to get used to things before we were playing for CL qualification again.

Imo, if Moyes expressed and interest and was affordable, the board wouldn't hesitate to pay-off Deila.