1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Ronny still the man for Celtic?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by DJ CJ, Oct 22, 2015.

Discuss Is Ronny still the man for Celtic? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Calling Ciftci completely * despite the fact he's looked quite decent recently and has barely been given a chance yet.

2. Roy's Keane

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Four Leaf Clover
    Been out all day but, even though I've not read too much from you, and have disagreed with lots you say, I like the way you debate your points.

Usually the Ronny haters (og1, venglos, dirk, kyndig, haywood et al) are just mindless illiterates who mostly spout bile as they have no other viable way to illustrate their thoughts.

I retain the right to change my mind over the coming days but at the moment its good to get an alternate opinion formed which contains more than three syllables. Genuine critiques of Ronny are to be welcomed. :50:

3. Biggie Smalls

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kris commons
    Had a few days to cool off now and at first I just wanted him to be left behind in norway but I'm willing to give him a bit more time.

One more performance like that utter shower of * on Thursday and he can get to * though. Games like that have become all too common with him at the helm.

4. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Agreed. the latter part of tonight has been enjoyable. Some quality posts floating about and some enjoyable debate.

5. Roy's Keane

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Four Leaf Clover
    I'm on me hols so five hours behind you lot, and it's been really nice to come back in from a long day out and read some balanced and informed posts on both sides when I was expecting another dose of train wrecks :smiley-laughing002:

Snosleft, very enjoyable as well as kok and a good few others :50:

6. Cadete

I don't think its unreasonable to give Ronny until Crimbo to correct the problems in his tactics, like zonal marking, etc.

I just wish it wasn't unreasonable to give the BOARD until the end of the season to fix THEIR problems with not backing the manager.

7. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Just had a quick read through some posts there.. some decent debate :50:

One point was raised that has given me hope in Ronny.. He has 4 games coming up to go a long way to putting everything right.

Home v Dundee United - Should be a straightforward victory if we are at it. Goes some way to restoring confidence in the lads

Away v Hearts - A tough and heated game to keep us on track for the treble.

Home v Aberdeen - A chance to show that we are back at it. Put them away 2 or 3-0 and the feel good factor should be back and everyone will be looking forward to Thursday to show we can sustain it.

Home v Molde - Thursday. Self explanatory. Fail to win and the three previous results are instantly forgotten about and Ronny's head is being called for again. Win and Ronny & Celtic are on cloud * 9 and all is well.

Massive 12 days coming up.

8. mygirlmaria

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    I hate getting embroiled in these threads, but good to see the percentages against him going down.

9. JoeDan67

We may have only done the treble 3 times, but how many times were Deadco all that stood between us and a treble.

Cup competitions remain one off games and shocks/poor refs will happen. However I don't think it's unreasonable to expect the treble.

10. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
  11. og1

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    RoysKeane you are an absolute blight of a person. You are lower than El Hadj Diouf in my estimation. All you do is come on here and spout pro board propaganda and you are a liar. A liar through and through.

Genuine critiques of Ronny in the past and in the present seemingly have been treated like an admission that you are Joe Fritzel and I dont even think he would be treated with the same level of contempt. Genuine critiques of Ronny were usually met with scorn by a bunch of clueless idiots who ganged up on the poster like a bunch of cowardly hyenas. Lets not beat about the bush, dissenting voices were routinely silenced and mocked by this gang of loudmouth posters. You being the captain of this gang of clueless hipsters whos knowledge of football comes from a computer game and fancy football blogs.

You call me a mindless illiterate for having the nerve to see through the pack of lies that people like yourself swallowed hook like and sinker. Norwegian Klopp, * sake what the * where we thinking.

My intention with this post is not to annoy anyone who backed Ronny. I respect most mens opinions on here and having a little faith is something I have no problem in. This fella has chosen to deliberately insult me here today and many times previously. So he can get to * for all I am concerned. I seen through this posters lies from the beginning. My only agenda is that I am passionate about our club. This fella is up to something else.

12. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

Since you have made a claim that the poster is a 'liar' I would like to see your proof please ?

13. og1

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    I highlighted it in my original post. He said genuine critiques of Ronny are/were welcomed when the truth is they most certainly were not.

14. Ruxin

I am surprised of the outcome so far of the poll. I wonder if it is reflective of the wider support.

15. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    well that was an interesting few days ....... back to the game today and support the celtic !!

16. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    I would think it probably is.

17. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

Yes he said 'genuine' so he hasn't lied.
    It is very obvious some from the beginning have had a personal dislike for RD.

18. og1

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    Look fella me and you have had differences of opinions but I never questioned your integrity, it would be nice if you could pay me the same courtesy. Why do you think that I was fed up with Ronny? Honestly you think it is a personal dislike. What does that even mean? You think I did not like Ronny as a person and that is were the criticism came from. Cop yourself on. I would have Joey Barton in our dugout if I thought he could make us the best we can be. It is never personal. Never.

All my criticism of Ronny is genuine and a response to the shambles he has overseen. All of it. You could nearly fill a book with my criticisms of his tactics from this forum alone. His signings and selections have also been poor. I also didnt like how he mouthed off to the media. I resent the accusation that my criticism is not genuine. It is not about I was right and none of that bullshit. All I care about is Celtic and I wish Ronny turned it around and made me look a fool because I see 10 moves ahead and I know what we need is stability. This was not the man to bring it to us though. I could see where this was heading and it broke my heart it really did. So far we can still leave from this only wounded and rebuild over a couple of years. The nuclear option was him losing a title which I think he was capable of. Thank * the support has turned before that played out.

Please dont question my integrity. It is very insulting.

19. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    Its interesting you feel this way, so all I would ask is , Did I say you ?
    No but the fact you protest so much seems to tell a story.

20. saltire78

It's your opinion, and I'm not going to jump on you for it, but in my opinion it is unreasonable to EXPECT to win the treble. I know you're not DEMANDING it, but it's really only used as a polite way of saying the same thing.

The truth is that in order for us to win the treble we need virtually everything to go right in 4 competitions - because if we just gave up on europe in the meantime to get a treble the whole management structure would be chased out of town. Now that includes bad days from our team, great days from our opponents, individual * ups (I'm looking at you, Mr. Ambrose!), individual wondershows from opposition players, terrible refereeing decisions -deliberate and accidental, injuries and suspensions. All aligning in the right way, at the right time...

There's a reason we haven't done this very often. People are displaying incredible hubris with regard to the task involved here...