1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Ronny still the man for Celtic?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by DJ CJ, Oct 22, 2015.

Discuss Is Ronny still the man for Celtic? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

That is the * poorest post I have ever seen on here, but
    I might have missed an earlier one from your good self
    or one to come:rolleyes:

2. og1

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    No fancy graphics hipster. That is how we line up though. Our 2 center halfs on the halfway line being our last line of defense.

3. plymtim

Are you honestly trying to tell me you think browns still got the legs to be a box to box midfielder, the driving force and the engine of our team . If you are I would say u don't know much about football and haven't played at any sort of decent level .
    As I said earlier it's time to let him develop into more of a sitting midfielder where he won't get caught out up the park , can offer some protection for the defence and still have some influence on the game .

4. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    Rogers is out of work and Lennon clearly isn't enjoying life in Bolton. If the board showed even the slightest bit of ambition i think either would be tempted.

5. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    Aye his CV will be on its way I expect .. :smiley-laughing002:

6. MarleyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Y.N.W.A
    Has anyone else noticed a recurring theme emerging from people who strongly want Ronny sacked? On forums, twitter, Facebook whatever ANYTIME you ask someone like yer man Og "Ok, you're in charge, Ronny has been sacked. Who are you realistically going to replace him with?" they always come back with a sarcastic response like their gran, etc.

They never offer up any realistic candidate who could possibly do a better job than Ronny under the circumstances just now. And you can bet that most of them are probably in the 'we should be playing 4-4-2 and Commons in every game' camp.

For the record. I'm no Ronny fanboy. I have genuine concerns about where we are going under him but for the love of * can't anyone who wants the manager sacked actually put anything constructive into the discussion?

7. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

I would want to do this to prolong his career anyway

8. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Shut up you *.

He was outstanding at home against Fenerbahce and he was absolutely everywhere. You may or may not have played at a high level of football but it hasn't helped your understanding of the game.

9. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    By doing what exactly? If someone named someone it would just be a case of Ronnys supporters saying 'we couldn't attract him' or 'he couldn't do any better.'

It's simply an unfair, unanswerable question, that you can't expect anyone to the seriously.

10. plymtim

Well your quite clueless then

11. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

No, I think Deebo has your card marked.:bbpd: :bbpd:

you're#

12. plymtim

As earlier I'm not saying he hasn't got a good game in him . Although he stood up n played well against fenehbahce he was also pish last night , pish against poland, pish against georgia to name but a few important games he's recently underperformed in .
    Thanks

13. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    Aaahhh is that the way round the board is meant to be , got you now, maybe you should have added 'Top' and 'Bottom' as obviously when you are talking to us mere mortals and not fellow football legend's, like yourself, we sometimes will struggle to understand ..

Sorry but If I might be as bold as to make an observation here but would our last line of defence not be our Goalkeeper .. :86:

14. og1

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    A disciplined flat 442 would be much better than the xmas pudding that we currently play. I would go with a diamond. Why wouldnt Commons play every game hes our best player and second most important player. Stop listening to all that football hipster 2 up top is dead bullshit and evaluate what you see from us on the pitch. Do your own thinking. Life is too short.

15. plymtim

Also I said half decent not high level

16. og1

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    Technically yes. I didnt think that I needed to explain our shape. You watch our games right?

17. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Well then stop going on as if that makes you more knowledgeable than someone else, or makes your opinion more important. It doesn't.

18. Sno'sLeftFoot

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    After 24 hours must say I'm still livid about last night and my feelings on Ronnie haven't shifted either. For the first time since he came I have lost faith in him and what it is he's trying to implement. Although I'm not too sure what that is exactly.

The next 3 games are as crucial as they could possibly be for him. Must wins each one of them.

In terms of possible replacements, I see folk suggesting Rodgers and a few other ones that are not viable. If we were to go for anyone in terms of a bit of a name then Lambert would be my choice, whether he could be convinced is another matter though.

19. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

Just being pedantic there^^^^:bbpd:

He knows what * he was spouting.

20. plymtim

I simply made a comment that anybody with a football brain can see brown doesn't have the legs to play as a box to box midfielder and the games in which he can influence while playing in this role are becoming fewer and further between . Generally ppl haven't played football at a half decent level don't have much of a football brain .