1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Why is Griffiths still underrated by our support?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by The Thumb, Oct 6, 2015.

Discuss Why is Griffiths still underrated by our support? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    I fail to comprehend how underrated Griffiths is by some of our support. I seem to remember during the Hearts game he was called a ' average league 1 ST':smiley-laughing002:.

2. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

He isn't underrated by many. I'd argue that he's vastly overrated by quite a few on here.

What he is, is a good SPL striker who will score a fair amount of goals because he gets a * load of opportunities. But he's also wasteful and limited.

3. Sonny Crockett

Fav Celtic Player:
    Alan Stubbs/Jackie Mac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Billy Bhoys
    He's underrated? I think he's a smashing player, still think he needs another striker up front with him though.

4. JoeDan67

He's the best striker we've had since Hooper. That's how bad we've become.

5. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Aye, something he could improve on. He isnt the quintessential poacher but his all round play in my opinion makes up for that. He has great heading, good turn of pace etc

6. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Underrated in the way some call him average and in the way people were clamouring for a new ST after his performance againist Hearts

7. Sonny Crockett

Fav Celtic Player:
    Alan Stubbs/Jackie Mac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Billy Bhoys
    Away ye go. If he was gone you'd soon notice.

8. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

He's right though. It shows how much we've regressed when Leigh Griffiths is the darling of the support.

I know it sounds harsh but it's true.

9. Jozo The Provo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic symphony
    He has his limits but he's improving all the time i like him

10. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    He's a good goalscorer and is constantly improving.

Some will never take to him though for whatever reason, that's the way it is. I must admit myself it's taken a while for me to be convinced, his form at the moment can't be argued with though.

That's not to say I don't believe we can't do better.

11. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Really when he first arrived he might be another Derek riordan. How wrong I was :smiley-laughing002:

12. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    He would lethal with a Hooper type player beside him. Hopefully thsi will be looked at in January

13. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

He's not as good as some on here would have you believe, but we would be * without him.

14. z1c0

He lacks in quality and intelligence, constantly improving right enough but just now he's no the level of striker we should have starting.

He offers really little in aspects of his game which are important to how we want to play as a team and that can be frustrating to watch sometimes.

I think if we had a striker come in who was good it would show Griffiths up in a lot of aspects and people would be more aware as to why he's not as highly rated by people.

15. mygirlmaria

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    He is a very good player and he is most definitely underrated.He is a typical striker inasmuch as he sometimes has dry spells where his timing is out, which can make him look bad, but overall, he is a natural.

He is never afraid to go looking for the ball after missing a chance.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2015
  16. Markybhoy

Spot on mate.

17. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I think he's a very good striker and we will struggle to find better on our budget.

He can be a bit erratic in that he wastes chances and isn't the best hold up player, but he easily makes up for that in that he is constantly a dangerous player. He can score all types of goals and his movement is very good. He has began to show he can produce in Europe, and he's improving all the time. Think he'll continue to get better and in a couple of yours we will be looking back at how lucky we were to have such a good goalscorer at all levels.

18. saltire78

How do griffiths goals to games, or minutes etc stack up against hooper? I'm purely guessing but id say he's on around the same goal to game ratio, but nowhere near the goal per chance number. I personally think he's a great wee striker, but I know he's gotta up the clinical level of finishing if he wants to make the next level

19. saltire78

Oh, and I'm also not sure if we can look at his record over all his career until now without biasing the numbers a little bit, as i think he's shown a lot more maturity and growth this season alone over last year to suggest he's actually just coming onto his best game. That'd be a nice thought... but like everyone says, at tge level he's at he's a blinding spl striker, and a handy european one. Without a bit more we'll need someone for europe

20. kieranc

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    He's better than Hooper and will surpass his goal tally with ease - and that's no slight on Hooper. Griffiths is a fantastic striker, proven at every level he has played at. Prolific goal scorers shouldn't be taken for granted - just look at the amount we spent on absolute rubbish to try to replace Hooper before finally getting our man in Griffiths.