1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Talk Celtic Positivity Bus! All aboard!

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by terrasidius, Sep 16, 2015.

Discuss The Talk Celtic Positivity Bus! All aboard! in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt

You might be surprised how many make up the middle ground. I think a lot of people including me are unhappy at the way things stand but are willing to give Ronnie the chance to prove himself in the EL.

I am unconcerned about dropping the points to Aberdeen. The manner of losing a lead against 10 men when we have supposedly improved our fitness is more of a concern.

I really do think he needs to improve things big time. Much has been made about how poor we were under NL up to the Killie draw. Well Neil turned it around so Ronnie must to do the same.

2. chas

Hi

I don't think we should press the panic button after 2 disappointing results as far as I am concerned ronny is the man to take the club forward. There are a few decisions he has made that I have questioned but that happens to any manager in any club. I think he has to be a little stronger in the players he picks and not to be to loyal to players who are just not doing it for the club. I for one wil be backing him all the way all the time. This talk about Paul lambert replacing him "WHY"

3. callumrae1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
  4. og1

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    Blind faith is fine. I have no bother with people having it. I do tend to bite when challenged though and I always met people who say that Ronny is the second coming head on.

People have been saying that I have an agenda against Ronny. That is not true we all want the same thing. My heart wants him to be a top manager but my head says he is not. I could not have believed in our last manager any more, it seems like Ronny is all talk, and I think that he was under the bosses thumb from day one. Taking this into account he needs to do a lot to win me over.

So far he has done the minimum required to still be in our dugout. Lets not kid around there is scores of critical questions that can be asked of him. Ill ask a few:

Does he rate Commons as a footballer? If the answer is no then he has to go. If yes why is he playing fringe players ahead of him?

Can he recognize that he has been poor tactically for most of the games he has been in charge both domestic and euro? If so why have we not seen steps taken to fix the obvious problems, which most fans can see btw.

5. mickmcl1888

17 people have voted that we're moving forward in many different ways!!!
    Moving forward??? Are they taking the *!!

6. og1

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    After the Stokes V Scepovic thread nothing would surprise me

7. Fanny Chmelar

I cant remember Lenny or Strachan going toe to toe with Inter in their first season.
    Also that first Malmo game,we were outstanding.
    This team has it in itself to be something special because ive seen glimpses of it,we all have,and ive been a Celtic fan since the 80s and the way he sometimes has us playing is rare..ive only every seen one other team play like that and that was the Burns team.

Ronny has to be given the chance to build his own team and get his footballing ideologies across.
    We also have just signed 8 new players that need time to bed in and gel with the rest of the squad.
    I dont think we will do that great in the Europa ether because its still to early IMO.

I support what Ronny is doing and i have his back.:shamrock:

8. og1

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    Ye see if you used credible arguments instead of unfounded positivty and lies then people might take you seriously. You are using a defeat to Inter Milan as a way to back the manager while taking digs at Gordon Strachan and Neil Lennon who probably would have won that tie.

Another point, I know you dont like Lennon (for some mental reason) but do you really think that we are playing better football under Deila than we did in Neils first full season? Does anybody think that Deila football is comparable to Tommy Burns team?

I see you are already laying the foundations for your defense of his failure in Europe this season, so maybe you are not completely blind. Why is it to early for him to get it done in Europe? He was handed a side that had qualified for the CL in the two seasons prior, once reaching the knockouts?

9. honda Gold Member Gold Member

If we don't even put up a credible challenge in the Europa then simply he needs removed. Someone knew in and a year to sort us out. Get rid of the * he's bought and get some decent talent in before its too late. I'm well and truly off the positivity bus. (Unless we smash ajax playing amazing football)

10. og1

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    I would like to add that if we lose anymore points between now and the next sheep game then he has to go.

11. Markybhoy

I was on board until the second sentence of the opening post.

"Ronnie has done as well as he could, fairly, have been expected to do."

No, no he hasn't.

12. Bratfurdbhoy1

It is a tandem you need not a bus!!!:56:

13. JoeDan67

The first half of the first leg against Malmo was excellent, although we squandered a chance to go 3 up when Johansen played what amounted to a pass back. Stokes or Commons would probay have burried that.

However the main problems were..
    1 The Malmo coach reacted to our play and countered it. Ronny should have reacted to this but he didn't. Ronnys' idea of plan B is to work harder at plan A.

2 We seemed to run out of energy as the game wore on. I worry that we're doing too much in training and being left short during matches.

When Ronny was appointed I was excited. For about a week, then in his first interview I read he started spouting about diet fitness. I then though "here we go another manager with a hard on for training"
    In fact I wrote as much on the Huddleboard and got slaughtered for it. But before a ball was kicked I knew what we were getting and unfortunately I haven't been disapointed.

14. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    A 3-2 win against Malmo where we were shaky as * defensively is now counted as outstanding for Celtic.

Jesus christ we've fallen.

15. og1

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    It is only from that joker who makes up the lies about Lennon

16. terrasidius Sonic Attack Orchestrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Lambo, Larsson, Sutton, Nakamura, Rogic, Virgil, Dembele, Turnbull, Jota & Kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    COYBIG, Grace, Celtic Symphony, Orchestrated Sonic Attack
    Is Louis van Gaal a top manager? Look how he's doing with his resources.
    What about Mourinho?
    Managers can only legislate for so much, they are not omnipresent. Even the fittest players go off form, that's clearly the case with some of our regular starters right now. They should be benched etc. I would hope Ronnie is sorting everything he can out now. I'm sure he is.
    What would you do in his position? If you could give him a bullet point list of advice, what would it be?

17. terrasidius Sonic Attack Orchestrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Lambo, Larsson, Sutton, Nakamura, Rogic, Virgil, Dembele, Turnbull, Jota & Kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Shakey defensively why though? Because of Ronnie? Or because Virgil wanted away and Denayer left at the close of last season. Critical things like that matter, again, it's context.

18. terrasidius Sonic Attack Orchestrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    How'd you mean? I meant since he came in btw. And considering we plucked him out of nowhere and plunged him into the deep end, I think he coped reasonably well. He had what was left of Lennys team, having to get to know everyone and everything so quickly during such a crucial part of our season? I give him some kudos for that.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2015
  19. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Because of Ronny, Virgil was trying his heart out and was our only bit of defensive quality.

Our defending from set pieces has been horrendous. That's down to Ronny.

20. Fanny Chmelar

I thought we did great considering Izzy wasnt there and we had an unfit Chuck at CB.