1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

8 games played 8 points dropped 8 points behind ?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by JoeDan67, Sep 13, 2015.

Discuss 8 games played 8 points dropped 8 points behind ? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeDan67

That's what we COULD be looking at next Sunday. Obviously there's a much happier senario where we could be top again, but I think Aberdeen can with both of their next games and it's quite possible we could suffer a Euro hangover and drop points next Sunday.

If that happens, even if we end up only 7 points behind, I don't think Ronny can survive. Most of our performances under Ronny have been dire. It looks like we're now getting the results our performances deserve. If so it's time Ronny went

2. GazF1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonathan Gould
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Bella Ciao
    Meh. We'll still stroll the league.

3. Wicker Bhoy

Are you for * real man? You've made a thread on the hypothetical that we will lose our next game and that Aberdeen will win their next two and called for Ronny's head based on it.

Absolute walloper

4. Sno'sLeftFoot

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    There's a lot of these threads popping up and various comments in others where I have had to look at the league table just to check I haven't missed something. In this thread though, the OP has made my point for me.

It's 8 games in. Let's see where we are after 15 say. Plenty of time and opportunities to turn this round.

Categorically, we will win the league for 2 reasons:

1. We, despite currently having one of out worst playing squads, are still far and away better than everyone else in the league. If we played an SPFL XI every week for the next 30 games we'd still win it. There will be more bumps and trips along the way but that's league football. We will win the league no problem, maybe not by 17 points, but we will win it with a few games to spare certainly.

2. I have yet to see any real reason why Aberdeen, or anyone else for that matter, can honestly be considered title contenders. They have beaten us for the first time in quite a while. They've made a great start, yes. But how does a good start automatically make you title contenders? They are our closest challengers, if you want to call it that, but that's it. They don't have the squad depth and probably most importantly the experience to mount a serious challenge. Hence the comedy of this talk of Aberdeen winning the league. This is the same hysteria we had this time last season about the exact same subject. Look at how that turned out.

Domestically we'll be fine. It's further afield in Europe where we are failing.

5. Davie Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bitton
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Sevco's gonny win the league next season, am tellin ye!

6. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    This.

7. JoeDan67

It's hypothetical, but a very realistic senario. If it doesn't happen then great, although we'll probably still be five points adrift.

I really can't understand why folk can't entertain the possibility that we might lose the league.
    We certainly shouldn't lose the league, but if we go 8 points behind there's no more room for * ups so no more room for Ronny

8. fms06

I'm not convinced under ronny also. I'm just not confident with this team.
    I truly hope I'm proved wrong, but the prognosis doesn't look good.

9. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    Is Ronny perfect no, is things ideal no, but * me be thankful half of you lot didn't have to watch us in the 90's.
    I'm away to create a thread 'assuming' we lose our next 5 league games to make it look even worse :87:

10. Wicker Bhoy

Again you are calling for the manager's head based on a scenario that you have created which see's the worst possible outcome for us and the best possible outcome for Aberdeen.

We are currently two points behind and you have us at 8, The sheep haven't even won their game in hand yet.

I hope you're at the wind up

11. Davie Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bitton
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    * sevco!

12. JoeDan67

1 We have a poor squad that is still much much better than any other in Scotland. However the teams that we are selecting from that squad and they way in which we are playing is nullifying that advantage.

2 If, and it's a big if, but if Aberdeen win both of their next games they will have a 100% record and also have beaten their two closest rivals. If at the same time we lose to Dundee and the 8 point gap opens up then we have no more room for error. We will have to match Aberdeens results and take the remaining nine points from them.

We might not go 8 points behind next Sunday. But if we do it's serious.

13. Wicker Bhoy

Could you not have just waited til next Sunday then instead of making what will probably be a redundant thread.

14. JoeDan67

Aberdeen have a home game against Hamilton, this is winable. They have an away game against Heart, more difficult but they could get a result.

We have a home game against Dundee. It should be a formallity, but we do have a history of struggling after midweek Euro games.
    I would say the most likely outcome is a win and draw for Aberdeen and a win for us. However two wins for them and a loss or a draw for us is not beyond the bounds of possibility.

Hopefully the fact that others do not share my concerns means I'm just a bed wetter and everything will be fine. I wish I was so confident

15. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I was just thinking that, mate. :smiley-laughing002:

Was genuinely considering starting a thread along those lines.

Do people not realise that if we lose the next 5 games and Aberdeen sign Lahm, Kompany, Messi and Bale, we could be in real trouble here? :31:

16. Sno'sLeftFoot

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    We are still working out our best team, we have still yet to solidify who our new CB partnership will be. Big Sim hasn't even touched the grass yet. It was a totally new defence yesterday compared to the one that started the season. There's always going to be teething problems.

One thing I'll say for yesterday also is that I thought we were clearly the better team. I don't remember Aberdeen troubling us too much at all. Our defending from set pieces has let us down a few times now this season and it certainly needs addressed.

At this stage of the season mate it's all if buts and maybes. For example, has Andrew Consodine been sent off yesterday as he should have been, we'd have been playing the majority of the game against 10 men.
    Who knows but there's every chance we could have went on to score 2 or 3 considering how long in the game was left.

Like I said, we'll see how the table looks after 19 games, I'm more than confident it'll be business as usual. We'll still be looking over our shoulder but we'll be on the right track and on the way to 5.

17. AJ Styles Moussa Dembele's eyes Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    All those new guys on here :56:
    We've even had the joined in 2011 have 200 posts brigade come back out since yesterday

18. Jockbhoy

We are going through a very rough time and hit a bad patch which just so happens to coisde with too many of our big players way off form at the same time. Something's going on behind the scenes which seem to suggest that RD and the players don't see eye to eye at present. This happens in football just take a look down south @ Chelsea ! Now I am not suggesting we be rid of Ronnie as that would be just * ridiculous but he has to get his message across and get the players back on side very soon as we are our own worse enemy just now. Time to stand up and show our mettle

19. TimFloyd Gold Member

It's going to be mad next season with us in the championship and the huns in top division.

Think that's why we are building a championship grade side.

20. DonTimCorleone

rubbish, we have plenty of money

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.