1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Will Ciftci come good for us ?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by The Thumb, Sep 3, 2015.

Discuss Will Ciftci come good for us ? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. DamienCorkBhoy

In the league ya, no in Europe.

2. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Going to be honest and say I've never been impressed by him, even at Dundee United. I was a lot happier when we signed Griffiths.

I hope he proves me wrong though.

3. miremhoy

Get a grip man hes played 4 games and 2 sub appearences hes not match fit due to not being able to play domestically but the fact people are writing him off already is embarrassing !!

4. kieranc

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    No. He hasn't ever been a prolific goalscorer.

Discounting penalties, he scored one more goal than Josh Magennis last season (9).

I've nothing against Ciftci but he won't score more than ten goals for us. When was the last time we bought a poor goalscorer and completely transformed him?

5. The Regime

Fav Celtic Player:
    Eyal Berkovic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields
    Na, he's just not got it.

6. StainseyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Andy Hinkel !!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Yes he will, and partly because we haven't signed another striker. He'll get lots of game time as only he and Griffiths will regularly play upfront. Too often we have two players competing for the first reserve slot and neither get a chance to impress. Ciftci knows the league and given time I hope he'll impress

7. Haywood Jablomi

Cause he is *????

8. Markybhoy

Domestically - probably. In Europe - nope.

9. pecchi17

Yes, how about we just get behind the bhoy...he's only had a couple of games and not that im trying to compare but even the king of kings had a slow start and only scored 18 goals in his first season. This just proves that even world class players can find it tough to get going.

He's one of us now and one of only 2 strikers until at least January so i think everyone would benefit if we give him our full support.

Hail Hail. i'm taking a punt and saying he'll score more than 20 goals this season and if he's good at putting the ball in the net from the spot - even better coz we need that as well

10. Shane1888

It's unfair to fully judge him before he's played domestically for us, but he's definitely not going to make waves in Europe. That much is evident so far.

I see him as being a lot like Stokes. Infact, Ronny has probably bought him as Stokes' eventual replacement. We know they'll be good enough for the Scottish game, but both of them will struggle making the step up into Europe.

Fun (not so fun) fact: Stokes hasn't scored for us in European competition for almost four years (Rennes, November 2011).

11. murphy88

I don't think he will get more than 10 league goals either. I've said that from the off.

12. celtic warrior

Goals are goals at the end of the day though.

You'd hardly complain if Commons when he banged them the other season scored say 15 of his goals from the penalty spot?.

13. z1c0

I really like him, definitely will come good * need to get off his back before he's even kicked a ball for us in the league.

14. Pacific Ocean Blue

A tentative yes

15. freitassen

I hope for yes but at this rate he is doing worse than Scep did. He might do well in the league against weaker opposition but as things stand now bench Griffiths to give him a chance would be a crime.

If only we ever played with a different formation sometimes, just for a change. If only.

16. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

I really do think he will come good. He's a good footballer and a clever finisher, he just needs to get up to full fitness which I think may take a while.

17. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

He'll score goals in Scotland no bother, he did so with a poorer side.

I think peoples opinion of him will weaken slightly as he gets games and ultimately goals. I didn't think he was good enough thus didn't want him but the management seem to think he has something about him so I bow to their superior knowledge.

18. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    [ame]http://youtu.be/Brggk0nxOQg[/ame]

Just look at him last season, skillful, strong, faced, creative, composed in front of goal...

If we can get these levels and more out of him, it's a big plus.

19. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

We've got the goalscorer in Griffiths and Ciftci is the hold up player who gets assists and also some goals. He will come good, too many people judging a player who is unfit and not sharp having * all playing time, give him a chance.

20. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Look how far Griffiths has came in the last year, with the help of Collins as well Ciftci has real potential.