1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Stevie Frail leaves

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Xavier Woods, Sep 1, 2015.

Discuss Stevie Frail leaves in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Markybhoy

Good guy but there's hardly been a conveyor belt of talent coming out of Lennoxtown since Frail came to the club. That may not be his fault of course, if the talent isn't there then it isn't there, but maybe bringing in a new man with new ideas might help kickstart things. Let's hope so because by the looks of it the only way we're going to get our hands on a quality striker is to develop one of our own.

2. Murph-E

Did a terrible job when you look at what we've produced in the last 5 years.

3. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    Left me * , guy got the sack for producing * all the past few years.

4. doctor venglos

That's about it really. We will probably have to manufacture one.:smiley-laughing002:

Steve Frail is a good guy and I think it is a case of the talent just hasn't been coming through the ranks. I think we have to look further afield to the scouting team who are obviously not doing their jobs right.

Some good players have came through the systems at Queens Park and Dundee United for example, but for some unknown reason we can't seem to emulate them.

5. St.Mick

Lets hope McIntyre is the next to leave, the guys a nightmare !

6. og1

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    They are forced to play youth players because they have no other choice. Their game time is also in a less pressurized environment. No youth player should be given game time at us just for the sake of it. They have to be good enough. So far very few have been able to make the grade. I do not know if this is because of what is happening with the youth teams or simply just because we have not had players capable of cutting it.

7. Creativecelt Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current Team:Kyogo; Invincible Team: Brown; Seville Team: Larsson; Burns Team: McNamara
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Various
    thank you Mr Frail for your effort and good luck.
    Right Now is the time it get very serious about Youth Development. I want to see a top line coach installed to manage and coach and inspire at each age group throughout the youth ranks. The top sports schools in scotland all have an elite level coach coaching the first team of each age group. basically the best players in their age range are exposed to the very best coaching practises from an early age.
    We should be encouraging ex players to give something back to football, much like a lot of ex Ajax players do at Ajax. There are a lot of ex players who are keen to get into management and coaching and they should have to prove their worth be starting with the kids and progress from there.
    I believe that Deila will want the Youth development coach to have a closer link to the first team as well. so that the youth players can make the step easier to the first team.

8. Belfast-Celtic

Anderlecht’s director of youth, Jean Kindermans

My ambition was to have more hours to develop young boys,” he says. “Lukaku, you have to know, we took him when he was under-13. He was a good player but not very good technically. He was fast and strong but we had to polish him.”

Education, though, is not allowed to suffer. At the start of the morning session Kindermans welcomes back a group of academy players who were prevented from training at school for a period because their grades dropped off. He explains how he believes Anderlecht have a duty of care that stretches beyond trying to produce another Vincent Kompany or Lukaku.

“In Anderlecht, every day 220 young guys, from under-six to under-21, are dreaming about a future professional career. Explain to me how many from the 220 are going to reach professional level? Maximum 10%. When you are not a good educator, you say the 200 guys that will not reach a professional level is not my problem. I say: ‘Yes, it is my problem.’ We have to tell them that if they don’t reach professional level, because of injury, confidence, bad development, a family situation, if you stay in Anderlecht as long as possible, you will have a degree at school that will give you the opportunity to find a job, to be a human being with intellectual skills.”

While Kindermans praises the work that has gone on within the national setup – he describes Sablon as a “brilliant visionary” – he believes “there is no unique factor that is influencing the good period of the Belgian team”. He is also quick to stress – and these views are later repeated at Genk – that Anderlecht “don’t blindly follow what the federation is asking us”.

By way of example, Kindermans points out that Anderlecht play 3-4-3, rather than the federation’s favoured 4-3-3, up until the age of 14. He offers an interesting explanation for that decision. “Every time we play a match we try to have 70% of possession. So it means if you are going to play with four defenders, you are going to put them at an early age in a comfortable situation. We are playing with three defenders at a lower age to put them in difficulty.”

His commitment to developing footballers, in the purest sense, is absolute. “You have to know that tackling is forbidden in Anderlecht. You can only anticipate or intercept, till they come to Under-21 team, in the second team of Anderlecht,” Kindermans says. “Our main motivation is we want to create technically skilled football players. If our centre-backs try to provide a solution by tackling and putting the ball out, I don’t like it. I want to educate as good as possible: ‘When do I have to anticipate? When do I have to drop off?’ I want to create intelligent players, not butchers.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/jun/06/belgium-blueprint-gave-birth-golden-generation-world-cup-

Make him an offer.. :50:

9. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Looks like a love child of Eck MC Leish and Stuart MC Call.:97:

10. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Quality

11. johndkelly

In bold is why at younger age groups (u12-u15) Celtic are relatively successful when competing in international tournaments/friendlies. In Scotland the tackling can be ferocious at youth level and referees let them away with it. It is very competitive and only the strongest characters survive. From u16 and above the opposition players are less intimidated physically and their technically gifted players are confident enough to express themselves, just like at first team level.

The guy at Anderlecht has got it right. I would ban tackling, as we know it, for youngers age groups. It would let the gifted players develop without fear.

12. MurrayBhoy93

offer him 10k a week

noo

13. dmccourt95

There's probably about 10 guys doing the exact same thing scattered around Europe can we please * recruit one of them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk