1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Jozo Simunovic

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Officer Doofy, Aug 15, 2015.

Discuss Jozo Simunovic in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. ArminCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    So basically everyone in Croatia is laughing at as and praising Zdravko Mamic ability as a businessman to sell ''deadwood'' Simunovic for such amount of money.Sell on clause is also reported to be ''record high'' .

2. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    This boy is a centre half though.

3. HereWeGoAgain

Aye but they have been playing him out of position, Ronny knows this kid is a cultured midfield playmaker and we will be laughing all the way to bank when Madrid come in with 25m in a years time.

4. Roy's Keane

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Four Leaf Clover
    Everyone seems to be very worried that the whole of Croatia is "laughing" at us.

Honestly man - you could not make this * place up at times. :56::56::56:

5. Keano88

Very funny ya wee *, do one.

6. James Gold Member Gold Member

Is he in Glasgow just now ?

7. seanbee01

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    let the people sing
    we haven't signed anyone for the fee mentioned in this thread for a long time so that tells me the club have real faith in this signing which gives me confidence I hope it gets over the line and the big man strolls it!

8. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Well, in fairness I think it has more to do with the fact that the people who have actually seen this guy play regularly on here don't rate him at all.

Hopefully they are overreacting but at £3-4m whatever this deal is and with him surely being VVD's replacement, we need this to work.

The fact we are willing to * that much on him makes me think we see something good, either that or we have been duped:smiley-laughing002:

9. aliceinsound

if they think hes * why would they even bother trying to get a big sell on clause? would they not be better not getting one and getting a bigger transfer fee?

Maby he is *, but tbh they obviously think he could be sold for 10 million in a couple years if he signs for us hence the sell on clause, I reckon he should be a decent player

10. HereWeGoAgain

Aye, the Croatian government have personally delivered him via private jet, they are keen for this economic boost to be pushed through as soon as possible.

11. HereWeGoAgain

12. Jeffrey

When you think of big signings a 21 year old without a full cap, a solid first team spot or any good reviews doesn't exactly fit the bill. This seems like a daft as * signing from the outset. The guy will get my backing if he does come but if he proves to be as poor as some say, you've got to wonder what the * going on behind the scenes:56:

The way some croats are talking, this mamic could be holding us at ransom!

13. crvenikelt

Also

http://www.index.hr/sport/clanak/ma...rdan-postotak-od-iduceg-transfera/839174.aspx

"Njihovi treneri će doći u našu nogometnu školu na edukaciju, mlada momčad Celtica će doći na turnir Mladen Ramljak... Bit će to tijesna suradnja i zaista je puno elemenata koji su utjecali da se ovaj transfer dogodi", zaključio je izvršni predsjednik Dinama.

english
    "Their coaches (Celtic) will come to our football academy, Celtic young team will come to Mladen Ramljak tournament etc... It will be a close cooperation and it is a lot of elements that influenced this transfer ," concluded the executive chairman of Dinamo.

For me this is by far worse than transfer of Šimunović (for me good potential). If Celtic has any decency,arrangements and cooperation with croatian mafia must be terminated.
    I understand Celtic managment tempted by future Modrić, Kovaćić, Mandžukić etc. prospects.
    But do not play with Devils. In Zagreb nickname of Zdravko Mamić is Satan and truly if you ever watched some movies involving russian mafia, these are people your club is dealing with.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2015
  14. MurrayBhoy93

15. blink1eto'o

We could afford it from a not going bust point of view obviously, heck we could put a few players on 80k a week and not go bust.

What i'm saying is that players like bitton, johanssen, gordon etc would all be pretty unhappy if we just brought in a new player who hasn't kicked a ball for us and is now our highest paid player.

Hence why we haven't signed folk like nolan, barton etc

16. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    So we have set up a deal involving first option/loan deals or something with your youth academy?

17. blink1eto'o

Aye i think big pete has went over and the croatian mafia have kidnapped him and forced him to pay 5.5M for this dud haha.

Hope he turns out good, a lot of people writing him off before they have seen him.

18. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    The full fact we're shelling out a big fee makes me think a * load of research has went into this one.

19. Sycamore7

Two words:

Raphael Scheidt

20. TimFloyd Gold Member

What the actual * are you on about?

Pipe doon ya bawhum