1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The General Europa League Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Jozo The Provo, Aug 25, 2015.

Discuss The General Europa League Discussion Thread in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Hope this draw hurries up so I can forget that catastrophic loss the other night. Hopefully a nice mix to get excited about and at least one decent one to book up and go away too..

2. Dubliner1

Sad to see supporters accepting the Europa League for our club. NOT interested

3. Keano88

:bbpd:

4. Cmcgregor90

Dortmund fernabache partizan

now that's what I call a draw ! Fantastic supports terrific stadiums to visit

5. Cadete

Honestly we should be focused on the treble more than this.

There's no reason we havent been able to obtain it over the past few years. None. Just a lack of direction.

6. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    How is it sad? I'll tell you what's sad, * thinking they are beyond the Europa..

Inter last year was one of the highlights of the year. Seville was one of the most exciting year's in our history or for a lot of us youngsters at the time. We wanted to be in the main one and pathetically failed at the last hurdle, this is where the anger is and why many are (at the minute) talking down the Europa but we should never be a club and support who turn our nose up at any European competition..

7. john2061

champions league or nothing and just put out the fringe players as this tournament is just a distraction and now league games now moved to a sunday and the irish supporters wont come over for these games :54:

8. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Clueless. Stick to the pub section..

9. Keano88

:bbpd:

10. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Seriously, even this last page or two. The place is a joke just now. Possibly the worst I've seen it..

11. saltire78

It us sad,but only in the true sense of the word. We're like an aging athlete loking at pictures of how our prowess used to be. But it's not our fault the dynamic changed, and there's little we can do to stop it. A massive investment like others want would be akin to doping to remain active at the highest levels - all fine while we get away with it, but it'd destroy us forever if we got 'caught out'. So all we gave is playing at the seniors level and hoping to still shine from time to time, but with our historic achievements and pride intact.

I still love this club, even for all the disappointment we endure. I'll take all the rough with the smooth - it's nothing like as bad as pre McCann era i suffered through by the way. I think when we settle a bit more we'll put in a good show in the EL, and come seasons end we'll not be as distraught as people think we will right now

12. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    Only at home twice after the Europa league. 4 away games.

13. Cadete

Tell me how advancing to fuckall in this tournament like the round of 16 (which will be forgotten very quickly, probably in less than 2 years) is any better than us winning the treble? There's no reason for us to not obtain the treble in this weak league we play in. You're clueless. :bbpd:

14. john2061

think we are going backwards as a club and after the 6 games are played we will see how far we have fallen and if we finish bottom of the group then everyone from board level to the players need a clear out .

15. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    I'll say it again.....

Clueless. Stick to the pub section..

16. Keano88

We lost one game, man :smiley-laughing002:

Had we got the penalty decision and red card we'd be through.

17. kieranc

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    It's honestly pathetic how some fans are treating the Europa League. You can be disappointed in failure to qualify for the Champions League, but choosing not to take an interest in Celtic's European campaign is disgraceful. Our supporters are rotten outwith big CL nights.

18. Samurai Bhoy

WFT are people taking about? The EL is *, play our reserves, concentrate on the league, blah blah blah.
    The league is a * gimme, the cups are a gimme, unless we * up over a 90 minute game (which could happen whether or not we play a 2nd string team in the EL or the 1st team).

If we win 3 or 4 games in the EL we will make more money than winning our 38 game one horse race of a league.
    We are all * off about the debacle Tuesday night but get real, like it or not that's our level. We are a EL team, sometimes we might scrape into the CL, like teams like Astana or Gent or BATE Borisov did this year. Those teams are no more CL level teams as we are, and are just there to make up the numbers.

19. john2061

think alot of fans feel this way about the europa league and when 35,000 are only showing up and the top tier is closed i think you will find alot of celtic fans dont want to be in the second best euro tournament . when sutton said crowd ise we are a champions league team but act like a europa league team when we buy players :54:

20. Cadete

Sutton was absolutely spot on.