1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Board and Hindsight?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Bonobhoy, Aug 19, 2015.

Discuss The Board and Hindsight? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. celticfc1966-67

We're ahead in the tie and good enough to win/draw over there. Calm down. Our side is good enough for these games.

2. Intellectually Absurd Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson (obvious choice ehh?)
    Get. To. *.

Man United had Brugge score against them. Man United make £400m ; Brugge about £25m. Shaktar who are backed by a billionnaire drew with Rapid Wien. Basel - a team much handier than us at times, with a better league, better players the past few years, well they drew with Tel-Aviv - Tel-aviv!

I genuinely can't believe you just said that. Deary me.

3. GreenArrow1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony, Commons, Thumb.
    Been the same for a while now. Annoying as *. Even if we get through we'll probably only spend 2 mil max.... On a midfielder...

4. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    That "would" be the case most likely but it's about getting the money this year, it's absolutely massive now. It might not be what we want to hear but it's true. "If" we make it then it's a bonus, don't forget we missed it last year so it will be a case of growing back in to it. Building player wise to hopefully go again in a better equiped position, on and off the field, for the next year..

5. ordinaryman

I want us to win SPFL AND qualify for the CL EVERY year....but I am tired of going through the wringer in August, playing against Teams who we should beat and struggling....because as a club we look to buy small and make a profit. We have little strength in depth. We have few players who can compete at CL level and until we don't qualify for the Group stages on a regular basis, our Board will do nothing. Even if we do qualify, all that will happen with the extra £ s is it will put a big + on the balance sheet. If we want real change and if we want to be competitive in the CL Groups rather than the whipping Bhoys, then something has to change....and buying Scott Allen or Ciftci and selling VVD for ££££ isn't the answer.

6. BrianSwan

I guess, that's just your current predicament and you better get used to it. It is rather obvious as an outsider your side is getting more and more depleted every season. CL money I imagine is much needed.

7. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Yes I do believe we do.

If we're serious about getting into the CL then yes, they are very guilty of it. If they ain't actually fussed and it's a bonus then no, they probably aren't as we should coast domestically without the need for big outlay.

8. Haywood Jablomi

The manager!!!!!!

9. Intellectually Absurd Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Why do you actually come on here? Genuine question.

I've had a look at your posts, obviously you don't support us and have no great interest in the SPFL. Yet, meek around on a Celtic forum? What you are saying isn't even productive.

Bizarre.

10. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    A Swansea fan with one negative outlook on us. Strange indeed..

11. 4-4-2

The same post rolled out every year for the past 5 now........starting to see a trend now?

12. Haywood Jablomi

I think I'd rather listen this guy being objective, rather than the garbage on here! On Celtic TV McManus repeatedly said we have nothing to fear against Malmö!!!! Aye right.

13. Intellectually Absurd Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Objective in what way? He isn't offering any constructive opinion. Look at his previous posts, its just backhanded compliments and outright insults.

And what garbage on here? Most people are realistic here, most people have summed up our performances well. We aren't McManus.

14. og1

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    I have been banging this drum for some time and sometimes to great derision. We do the minimum amount and try to get away with it. Sometimes we even weaken our team. Constant transition at this time of the season is a result of poor planning and an unwillingness to invest at a time of strength. The LB scenario needed addressed 3 seasons ago and the decision to sell Adam Matthews at the time he left and for the fee we received was idiotic. We could easily of got 2m for him on transfer deadline day and ensured cover at both RB and LB for the qualifiers. The problem is that most people are blinded by our policy of taking the cheap way out at every turn. We pay PL wages to one employee at our club and he is not a football player.

15. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    I hope greatly that we have a VVD replacement ready to go. As we wait until after the qualifiers, the transfer window clock winds down and we look like having not learned the lessons of windows gone by.

16. wulliebad

We have needed someone to keep izzy and efe out of the team for so long its a * joke.
    yet we go and buy another midfield player....it is doing my * nut we have not sorted out that defence....one injury....and look where we are without lustig...efe time!!!!!!.

Now i dont think we look at half the players in the papers that we get linked with but * * there must be a few defenders out there that can cross a ball and not have it in the stands half the time.

maybe ronnys thinking is well if they score 3 we will get 4....for me i would rather have a tight defence than a high scoring front line.

17. og1

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    So would any top level football manager in the modern game. Most EPL games are tight bore fests. Winning is everything no matter how you do it. There is no nobility in being losers.

18. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    If they score 4 we will score 5 :icon_mrgreen:

19. wulliebad

We can have a tight defence without being boring.

Shut up you.

20. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    You are a mean man :54: