1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Link] Kristoffer Ajer

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by mickcfc91, Aug 9, 2015.

Discuss Kristoffer Ajer in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. lemon difficult

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo

Yeah, I kind of agree with you. I think in a season or two he'll probably get a good run of games in the first team and probably play well enough for them.

But being Madrid, they'll look to pick up the new flavour of the month and he will probably be the first one out the door like di Maria was when they wanted james.

Madrid is the wrong club for him. Barca or Ajax would have been perfect for him

2. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Odegaard would get nowhere near Barcelona's side.

3. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Ajax was the best move, career wise IMO.

However what 16 year old would reject Real Madrid, a chance to train with the best players in the world and £30k or so each week?

You'd have to be daft. He'll be set for life by the time he is 20 with another 15 years or so to potentially play on and make thousands a week.

Jammy *.

4. Diegan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Yep, and the Real Madrid academy is no poor developer of talent despite its place in the shadow cast by La Masia. To be clear, I don't think he'll be a bust - I think he'll go on to have a great career and Norway is incredibly lucky to have both Ajer and Ødegaard (not to mention a few others born in the same time period like John Hou Sæter) for being such a small country. However, I think he'll top out at that level just below Barca, Real, Bayern, PSG, etc.

5. lemon difficult

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    im not saying he would get anywhere near the side at present, but for somewhere for him to learn, develop and progress through the ranks eventually it would have been a good move.

6. lemon difficult

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    would you count fossum amongst them?

7. Diegan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Not sure. But either he or Thorsby (if not both) should develop nicely. I also like Svendsen and, even though he's a bit older, I really like Elyounoussi. He has an edge that most of the players in Norway don't. But like Iceland, it's the defense where they need to get better at developing.

8. Drontheim

Another Norwegian reporting in.

I think Celtic have a fair chance on getting Ajer. He is a really smart kid, and he won't leave IK Start (current club) to sit on a bench further south in Europe. So basically, clubs like Real Madrid/Barca e.g, or even * (but big) clubs like Liverpool won't get him for now, whatsoever. He is looking for clubs that can provide him playing time.

Anyways, I don't agree with Diegan on the Ødegaard/Ajer comparison. Ødegaard is a massive talent, and his combination of smartness/creativity/quick feet and technique are extremely rare at his age. He has always been way ahead of Ajer, and it will most likely stay that way. Watched them both live since U15/16-level.

Currently, I don't think Ajer would strengthen Celtic. He needs to get rid of the syrup under his shoes, and get more explosive. Personally I think he got more potential in the center back-position.

And yes, there are a lot of promising talents i Norway right now. Deila should know. Top 10, in my book:

Martin Ødegaard (Real Madrid)
    Mats Møller Dæhli (Freiburg, still injured)
    Iver Fossum (Strømsgodset)
    Ole Kristian Selnæs (Rosenborg)
    Vajebah Sakor (Juventus)
    Kristoffer V. Ajer (IK Start)
    Bersant Celina (Manchester City)
    Martin Samuelsen (West Ham)
    Ghayas Zahid (Vålerenga)
    Sander Svendsen (Molde)

The bold ones are the ones I think Celtic would be able to sign if they wanted to. And I would not be surprised to see Fossum in Celtic next season. Clubs like Lyon, Juve and Atletico are keeping tabs on him, but he is really shy and he would probably love to have Deila/Johansen around in his next career move. Wonderful player.

9. terrasidius Sonic Attack Orchestrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Lambo, Larsson, Sutton, Nakamura, Rogic, Virgil, Dembele, Turnbull, Jota & Kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    COYBIG, Grace, Celtic Symphony, Orchestrated Sonic Attack
    Get him signed Pistol! You know Ronnie will shape him into a brilliant player. Would be well chuffed with this.
    Any Left-backs on that list Drontheim? :50:

10. Paprika

No LBs on that list. Thomas Grøgaard and Birger Meling are very interesting, though. Grogaard is stylewise pretty much a copy of Izzy, except his crosses are actually good. Alesaami is also an option if you don't mind 'em abit older. I havent really seen him since he moved to Sweden but he's appearntly among the best in the league

11. BigRochy

Bring him in