1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Cross Platform] The Witcher 3 (opinions)

Discussion in 'Computers and Gaming' started by Vinnie BBQ, May 26, 2015.

Discuss The Witcher 3 (opinions) in the Computers and Gaming area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Moustache

If you want to do it legitimately, just go to the random '?' on the map and clear out the bandit camps (or whatever they are) and pick up everything you can to sell it. All the markers in the sea around Skellige (which are basically chests floating in the water to be looted) are probably the easiest, albeit boring way, to do it.

If you don't care about cheating, follow the steps here (or watch the video) for a quick way to earn money. You might need to spend a bit of money in the first place, but it's worth it in the long run.

In regards to armour, go for the Witcher School gear. You'll have to find the schematics and the materials to craft it (and you'll have to pay to craft them) but they're the best in the game. Two of them are DLC's (Wolf School is a free DLC available to everyone, but to get Viper gear you would need to buy the Hearts of Stone expansion) but Cat, Bear and Griffin are all available in the base game. IGN has a decent guide that explains how to get the basic schematics and their upgrades. It's just a case of picking the one you like best.

2. Vinnie BBQ Justice is lost Justice is raped Justice is gone.

Started a new save today. Trying to slow the pace a bit this time. Kinda rushed through my last one and lost track of the story pretty early on and lost interest because of it.

3. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

This DLC better be out soon. Want a reason to go back and play this.

4. Moustache

I get the feeling that it'll release in May, possibly on the anniversary of the game's release (and I wouldn't be surprised if a complete collection gets released on the same day either, or a least soon after). At the very least, they've pretty much said that it won't be releasing before April.

Apparently there's been a few leaked details concerning quests and characters that were found in the games files after a recent patch. Usually I'm not overly bothered about that sort of stuff, but after how good Hearts of Stone was, I wouldn't want anything about this spoiled for me. I'd honestly say I'm more excited for this expansion than I am for most full games this year; this game and it's DLC (so far) are definitely among my all time favourites.

5. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

May, man that's ages away.:smiley-laughing002:

I'm with you, this DLC will probably be longer and of higher quality than most full games released this year. I was actually thinking about my favourite games last night and if I was to put together a top 5, this game would definitely be in it.

6. Moustache

Aye, it certainly feels like it. Hopefully I'm wrong and it gets a surprise release in the next couple of weeks :smiley-laughing002:

I go back and forth with some of my top 5 but, like yourself, this game would definitely be in it. It's probably the only game on the current-gen that's reached that level of quality for me, although there's still one or two other games that I really like from the recent releases.

Anyway, back to waiting for the expansion...

[​IMG]

7. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Still playing a few games, but going to but the season pass tonight and then I can start on this soon.

8. Jayzhinho67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing !
    Im a broken man !! decided to restart this on a new save, turns out i wiped my original play ! was up to level 62 and just waiting for the new dlc to come. * !

Sunday sesh yesterday on it and still finding ciri, not even in skelge yet , RAGING ! :31:

Allthough doing the opposite thing second time round does work diffrent ! especialy the * baron bit. Did anyone else here free the dark soul in the tree ?

9. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Yeah I did, but technically either way it doesn't end good.

10. This Charming Man

I remember I chose to play this game on the hardest level and spent about 5 hours trying to kill one of the griffins at the start of the game, haven't picked it up since. Probably going to give it another try now that I've completed Fallout 4.

11. MartinR

That little baby is creepy as *!

12. Jayzhinho67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing !
    :smiley-laughing002::smiley-laughing002:

13. Jayzhinho67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing !
    Panic over i seem to have found a way to restore my previous save, THANK * !

14. Moustache

CD Projekt Red have revealed the cover artwork for the second, and final expansion, Blood and Wine:

[​IMG]

There's a few rumours doing the rounds that the release date is the 27th May, which would be just over a year since the games original release.

I'm honestly more excited for this than any other game releasing this year. If it's anywhere near as good as Hearts of Stone, then the Season Pass will probably be the best £20 I've ever spent on anything game related.

15. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Yeah, still not got round to playing Hearts of Stone.

Just finishing off some tidbits with AC: Syndicate and then I'll get Until Dawn out the way and then move back onto The Witcher.

16. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Apparently a Polish website had the release date as June 7th.

As great as the DC Projekt Red have been, I feel like they've ripped the pish with this DLC. Hearts of Stone came out half a year ago.

17. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Think this is meant to be a huge game though, it's like releasing a new game in entirety.

Is it not set in a totally different location and all too?

So really, they'd be starting afresh in that way.

18. TheHolyGoalie

Fav Celtic Player:
    Artur Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Seeing this thread just reminded me how much I loved playing this game last year. Took me by surprise because I wasn't interested in buying it at all, it was my brother who convinced me to play it. Glad I did!

19. Moustache

If I remember correctly, the new region being added is apparently similar in size to the Velen & Novigrad map. So it's understandable that it's taking as long as it has, and I don't doubt it'll be worth wait.

20. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

I know, just itching for it so much.:smiley-laughing002:

Actually played a couple of hours of it yesterday. Just walking around Novigrad again and doing a couple of quests in Skellige reminded me again of how incredible the game is.

Has to be one of the best games of the 21st century, easily.