1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Bolton fan in peace!

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Gaz_BWFC, May 24, 2015.

Discuss Bolton fan in peace! in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    He's going to be at the very top level of the game in a couple of years, he's special, very special. It'll be a loan if he goes to you but I reckon he's either here or in City's squad. Judging from City's defence this year though, he's good enough to start for them.

2. Murph-E

Denayer is * class. He'll be a top player. Too good for Scotland and too good for the Championship, but we can offer Champions League so I really hope we get him again :icon_mrgreen:

3. Diegan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    He'd start on a mid-table Premiership side and be one of the better players. We're lucky to have him, have no chance of getting a permanent deal, but are more or less content to know that we will have been able to see a great defender at Celtic Park. He's absolutely colossal and only 19 years old. His potential is frightening.

4. ApartPidgeon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Could see McGregor going out on Loan he's a good player and was in the form of his life before getting injured, but he could be up looking at a few of the youths.

5. Murph-E

It wasn't injury, it was lack of quality. He was poor from September onwards.

Our team at the start of next season will be so, so much stronger than the team at the start of this season. 2 good signings and we're flying.

6. Larsson93

Anthony Stokes - Striker, we would be looking for a fee of 1mil+, would be a top championship striker.

Darnell Fisher - Good right back, if we keep Matthews next season then he really needs to go out on loan imo. Not getting enough games for his development but definitely has the ability.

Liam Henderson- CM, on loan at Rosenburg right now and doing well when he plays (not often enough), Championship would be perfect for him but we might want to keep him as cover in midfield depending on who we bring in.

Derk Boerrigter - Left winger, we would probably let him leave for free or on loan if his wages were covered (20kish). Good player at Ajax but always injured.

Callum McGregor - RW/LW-AM, had a great season at Notts County in League 1 last year and started this season well for us. Signed a 5 year deal at the start of the season so I could see us loaning him out as he has fell way behind in the pecking order. Has scored big goals in European qualifiers.

Amido Baldé - Striker, Cant see Lenny really wanting him as he only ever gave him 5 minutes at the end of games up here. Has the physical attributes to be a good player but not much else.

Łukasz Załuska - Goalkeeper, contract is up. Splits opinion on here. Personally I would like to re-sign him as a backup.

Tom Rogić - Another who is always injured, highly rated but hasnt had a chance to show it yet. Will probably leave on loan or permanently.

Eoghan O'Connell - CB, so far seems like a decent prospect. Probably not good enough to start for yous just yet but could provide cover on loan or again depending on out deals he could be cover for us.

Dylan McGeouch - Attacking midfielder, contract is up and I think Lennon rated him. Shows flashed of brilliants but not consistently enough. Had a decent season on loan at hibs.

Jackson Irvine - CM/DM/CB - 22 year old aussie international. Contract is up and could be decent championship cover. Ive liked him anytime ive seem him but hes been on loan at other SPFL clubs for the last two years so I think he will be moving on.

Kieran Tierney - Highly rated young left back, probably not good enough just yet.

7. paulB

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People sing.
    Heard a smidgen of a rumour the other day about Lenny taking Scepovic to Bolton on season long loan, that's why he was at the game today and also why Scepovic played today for Lenny to run the rule over him but as i said it's a rumour.

8. AJ Styles Moussa Dembele's eyes Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    They can have borriegter for a bag of balls and some training cones

9. Murph-E

They can have McGregor for half of that.

10. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Mulgrew not going down there ?

11. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    :bbpd: Away you go . You are Bolton . Griffiths isn't going to go anywhere near ya.

12. Gaz_BWFC

I very much doubt we could afford £1 million for Stokes, so that would probably rule us out. Fisher, Henderson and Irvine sound ideal, how good is Irvine? I see he's 6'2 and a defensive midfielder, we badly need some height in our midfield.

Lennon has said that he wants to sign players who are capable of playing 40 plus games a season, so I doubt we would try and sign Boerrigter, especially if he's on big dough too.

I asked a Scottish Journalist Alan Nixon, you know him? He tends to be pretty much ITK when it comes down to BWFC transfer rumours and I mentioned McGeouch to him, but he reckons we need to sign better than him.

13. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley

Mcgeough would be a fairly good signing for you imo , has a far but of ability.
    Henderson would be an extremely good addition for you , we might let him go out on loan but i would imagine he will be pushing for first team football here next year.

14. Vertie Auld

I think Lennon suits you down to the ground. He built a Champions League knockout stage side with around £10m. Almost every player he brought in was 6'0" plus with great physical attributes (strength, pace) and a bit of technical ability that he developed until they were very good footballers. It was their physicality that bridged the gap between ourselves and the best in Europe though, no doubt.

With regards to potential signings, Darnell Fisher (right-back) and particularly Liam Henderson (central midfielder on loan at Rosenbotg) are our best prospects. Anthony Stokes (striker) would be a good option for you too if you can afford a reasonable fee. Callum McGregor (winger or number 10) had a very good season at Notts County and started the season here very well, particularly in the European games, but he's fallen out of favour and I'm not sure he'd be an improvement on what you have. Kris Commons will likely finish his career at Celtic and Leigh Griffiths isn't going anywhere (we're short on clinical strikers). Tom Rogić was a highly rated Australian number 10. He's found it difficult to break into the squad here but he's had a hard time with injury. He might be an option on loan. Michael Duffy is playing very well for our Under 20s but it might be a bit soon for him to break through into your first team - I'm not sure. Eoghan O'Connell's a decent, young centre-half but nothing special. Derk Boerrigter (winger we signed from Ajax) for a very low fee or on a free transfer might be a smart piece of business if he stays injury-free. He's stealing a wage here though.

Best of luck for next season. You're in good hands.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2015
  15. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Oh believe me, we know that.

He was linked constantly with us before we signed up our current gaffer.

16. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Henderson would be a fantastic loan signing for Bolton, but I'd rather see him stay and get some game time here.

17. Green And White

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youl never walk alone.
    Efe Ambrose. Outstanding player who has a bullet of a shot, great with both feet and lots of skill. I reckon yous could get him for 6 or 7 million

18. -Stuart-

Naw. That's bull. For starters he was there earning a coin for sky and secondly no way would a player be played just to run the rule over. Absolute nonsense:52:

19. Vertie Auld

I want Šćep to get a full pre-season under his belt and have a go at it here. I reckon he'll come good if he's given a chance.

Pukki'll end up at Brønby. Lennon won't be interested in Baldé.

I don't think Irvine is good enough for Bolton. McGeouch might be.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2015
  20. VikingBhoy

:97: