1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Who will be the next player to come through the academy?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Vertie Auld, Mar 29, 2015.

Discuss Who will be the next player to come through the academy? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. gerry_bhoy

Hopefully he's given some minutes. I don't think we will see him this season though.

2. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    Henderson has a 16 year old brother thats better than him I think (for his age).

3. gerry_bhoy

Think Henderson said that himself. Lot more goes into making the jump though, but should have a good head on his shoulders
    If he's from the same stock.

4. Mr. Slippyfist

Older Henderson has some size a heid on him to be fair.

His wee brother must look like "Hey, Arnold!".

5. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    :56::50:

6. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    Aye, a run out the door.

7. Priest

Kieran Tierney back on the bench again today, just returned after a few months out injured.

8. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    It really is some going, our track record of youngsters coming back and then being freed, must be through the roof..
    Marcus Fraser and the young Irish boy we loaned to accies, names just went blank, winger. That's it George. Two in recent times..

9. shaunm

Looks like Tierney will be the next youngster to break through,just back from injury and he got a place on the bench,Ronny must rate him.Anyone have any info on him?What position does he play?is he any good?what age is he?

10. gerry_bhoy

Theres not any U21 rule in place for the match day squad anymore is there?

Hopefully he gets a run out when we are comfortable against weaker opposition.

In reality, at this point of the season and out of Europe, theres no harm bringing on some of these lads in every game. Playing a young player against any side in this league won't be the difference in us dropping points.

Given that the Huns will likely be up next season and we will be looking to make an example of them, now is the time to see if the likes of Thomson and Tierney are up to the task.

11. St.Mick

Joe Thomson is definitely worth a chance, good box to box player, has the right attitude and is a leader on the park, nice young lad aswell. Teirney is another good one, can play left back or on the wing, Millar, good winger and seems to be settling in to the u20's now, but not the superstar that some seem to think he is, and to be fair to the lad he doesn't come across that way either.

12. kieranc

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I think Kieran Tierney will be the next player to break through. At the Glasgow Cup final I thought Reagan Hendry stood out but he still has a few years to go yet, as does Calvin Miller. Joe Thomson is highly rated too but it'll be difficult for any midfielder to make the breakthrough at Celtic.

The likes of Paul McMullan and Stuart Findlay are decent but will never be good enough for our first team - I think the same goes for the vast majority of our youth players.

I think we're along way off from producing another Marshall, McManus or McGeady.

13. lemon difficult

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    very much doubt he will be the next one to breakthrough and probably a good 3/4 years away from the first team but i have heard of people being excited by mark hill.

has anyone heard much of him or seen him play?

14. gerry_bhoy

Think he's been playing in the u19s at 15-16 years old. We signed him from Hamilton when he had already made his first team debut at 14.

15. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Blistering pace the kid..

16. Murph-E

Very slim pickings at the minute, don't see any of the names being mentioned making it tbh. Hopefully we improve on this in the future.

17. gerry_bhoy

Really?

I don't see the U19 so not in the know.

You don't feel like the likes of Thomson and Tierney mentioned are up to much.

Henderson a one off from that group?

18. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Miller will be similar to the likes of Fisher this season, getting in training with 1st team and turning up for match days, maybe get 20 mins here and there while still playing for the development side. Probably take McGregors place next season in the pecking order.
    Thomson as well.
    Who was the lad that broke his leg a few months back that plays LB/LM that looked good? Think he was on the subs bench for a game then broke his leg in training the next day?

19. Priest

Kieran Tierney was the lad the who broke his leg in December the day after being on the bench against Ross County, he is already back playing with the youths a couple of weeks and was back on the bench for the first team against Inverness Caley on Saturday

20. gerry_bhoy

I actually asked the same question earlier in the thread, Tierney it is, was back on the bench against Caley so good news.

I really wouldn't expect to see Miller any time soon due to his age and Thomson doesn't seem to be in any squads the season. Think it will be next season before we see him. Ideally one or two should be blooded as we have no challenge in the league.