1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Proudest moment of last night?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Mr. Slippyfist, Feb 20, 2015.

Discuss Proudest moment of last night? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Missed YNWA raging!! Just got to my seat as they scored.

The 2nd goal, couldn't believe we had turn it around. When the last time we came back from 2-0 in Europe over 90 mins(not Karagandy)?

2. Crispy Bacon

Fav Celtic Player:
    at present-Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Brilliant atmosphere that night too. You can't beat these European games with an all or nothing mentality.

3. Bratfurdbhoy1

Who needs the Huns!! We just need more European Nights under the floodlights!!!!

4. faw cough Gold Member Gold Member

The support for Girdon and the whole atmosphere even at 2 goals down was superb.

5. TuffGong

Fav Celtic Player:
    leslie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    big leslie sticks da ball in da netty
    Wee Bertie was class, even though i couldn't make out a word him or the announcer were saying.

6. McManus4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Taking the game to them. Even in our best nights in the last 10 years it isn't something that really happens against European heavyweights

7. Soul Rebel

Fav Celtic Player:
    Commons/Sammy/Ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony & Toy Town
    I love Bertie, hes always knocking about at Celtic games. Big Billy's not looking so good though :54:

8. idlewildered

I've been away from talkceltic for quite.some time, mainly as Celtic was always intrinsically linked to the relationship I had with my dad who I lost a couple of years back. Didn't go to as many games in the last few years because of that and when I did it always felt like something was missing. That wasn't the case last night. I'm so * proud of the support and privileged to be surrounded by people with passion like was shown last night. My dad would have been too.

9. The Regime

Fav Celtic Player:
    Eyal Berkovic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields
    I thought it was all over, I really did. But to show that character to come from 2-0 down made me immensely proud to be a Celtic fan.

I thought the fans were the 12th man last night. I never sit on my hands because you can always make a difference to the outcome of the game; we did that last night, we made that difference and we got our players over the line. We should be proud.

10. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing

Sorry to hear about your dad, but nice post :50:

It sums up what Celtic mean to so many, a family club passed down from generation to generation. Nights like last night show exactly why our club and fanbase are one of a kind, the support was exemplary. Added to that, last night's performance was a throw back to a by-gone era (dare I say Stein-like), where a team with a strong Scottish influence went into the game and played with a degree of passion and courage that I haven't seen for many years...I'm sure people we have lost, like your father, would have been sat upstairs watching last night with a smile on their face and a great nostalgia of "the good old days." Full credit to Ronny Deila for bringing that sort of feeling back to our club :50:

11. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    This Is only a small thing but something I loved, when our second went in Scott Brown's immediate reaction was to get the ball back, a lot of people would just be happy to have got back in the tie and want to settle down after that but he showed his intent, he wanted to kick on and win the match.

12. Clint Eastwood The Good Bad and Ugly of TC

The noise when we got back to 2-2 was out of this world. The spirit of the team, the manager, the unrelenting support from the fans and just the massive jubilation of the players, staff and fans alike at the final whistle. It's moment like these which me glad that I support Celtic. I know it's a cliche but nights like last night prove that we are MORE THAN JUST A CLUB.

13. Roy's Keane

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Four Leaf Clover
    The bravery on the ball, the technical ability in our passing game and the unrelenting pressurising. Wow!

There was one bit where the inter fullback had it kinda near his own corner flag and, all of a sudden, about 3 or 4 Celtic players were * absolutely haring it towards him!

It gave me that feeling like Salzberg did to us - kind of like "* sake just HOW much do they want to win this * game??"

We've seen great Celtic songs, great support for the players, great YNWA's and so on and so forth (and I certainly ain't belittling them one bit) but I've NEVER seen that sort of really visible application from ANY Celtic team.

My stomach feels a bit funny when I think of what RD is trying to achieve with this team :smiley-laughing002:

14. Ruxin

Sticking to our game plan even after we had a nightmare start. It was brillant.

15. Montero Gold Member Gold Member

*, top quality post. Especially the bit in bold I feel the exact same.

16. Celticbhoy97

The shear spirit of the side yesterday everyone one of them played like a supporter living the dream, not just 11 guys looking for their pay slip.

Say what you like about the barca game, but that game yesterday was the best footballing atmosphere i've ever seen

17. Buster

The type of chant for Craig Gordon was a thing that was done regularly in the past for good players who made mistakes. The noise of the crowd throughout the game was brilliant.

18. callumrae1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    :50:

19. MynameisEarl

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    The support for Craig Gordon was like nothing I've ever seen before in football. Last night we proved yet again why we're the best fans in the world :shamrock:

20. imacdiar

It was one of the great nights at Celtic park last night.The criticism given by various panel members(Chris Sutton,Steve Mcmanmem...* it i cannot spell that under acheivers name) last night completely miss the point. The game is about supporters and they dragged the team up from the depths and the players responded.They can keep the Champions League,Premiership borefest i like my football this way, warts and all.