1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Chris Sutton

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, Feb 19, 2015.

Discuss Chris Sutton in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Partickbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    COYBIG/LET THE PEOPLE SING
    Pair of fannies the two of them. McManaman is a wee * of the highest order, completely snide and had nothing good to say about our fight to comeback from 2-0 down, despite the massive financial advantage Inter and nearly ALL teams have over us in Euro competitions.

* him and that sour faced * Sutton.

2. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Thanks for that mate.

What a read, he literally summed up everything I felt when listening to those two wallopers last night. Couldn't have said it better myself, the hypocrisy from McManaman in particular was staggering.

Did anyone pick up on the fact that, after the first break during the 'analysis' McManaman's voice seemed ALOT quieter. Before it he was shouting his pish right down the mic but I reckon he was told to shut his trap after they read the comments on Social Media.

3. Markybhoy

* me. You guys still sticking the boot into Sutton?

McManaman was a * saying that we should have beat Inter two or three nil. That's just a ridiculous comment to make. Even though this is a poor Inter team, they are still better than us. So to say we should have stuffed them is daft.

I am going to repeat this again though. There are people in this thread telling lies. They are saying that Chris Sutton never says anything good about Celtic and never gives us any credit. BULLSHIT!!!

He praised the fans, Stuart Armstrong and Gary Mackay-Steven last night. So anyone in this thread who claims that Chris Sutton never says anything good about us is flat out talking out their *.

Give the guy a * break. He was a fantastic player for us and he only wants us to hit the heights that we used to hit when he was playing for us.

4. -Stuart-

Comment removed by staff

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2015
  5. Mr. Slippyfist

Yip, still sticking the boot in......ye know, the way Sutton has been at EVERY opportunity this season (in particular against Deila for whatever unknown reason).

6. og1

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    Good lad

7. Intellectually Absurd Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson (obvious choice ehh?)
    I don't want to seem like im knit-picking, you did write alot. However this seems to be the crux of peoples' defence for Chris Sutton.

I disagree. I know we reached the Uefa Cup final in 2003 and it was absolutely amazing but we had * Henrik Larsson and a team that cost about £30m+ (in 2000) playing for us. We don't have Henrik Larsson now, we can't spend that much money. Scottish football (arguably) isn't as strong as it was back then, although broadly Im starting to believe it is stronger (United, Aberdeen, just not Sevco etc).

Also, we never once were able to get to the knock-out rounds of the Champions League with that team, despite having more funds available and a better standard of player - so what 'heights' are we talking about here? We aren't through Deila's first season yet, who knows - we may get to the Europa final, unlikely but you can't whinge half way through the season. Its too early to judge him like this, he has a chance next season and the season after and so on to get Champions League football. I didn't hear him moaning about Lennon when Lennon's teams failed on multiple occasions to reach the Champion League.

8. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

He has been negative from the start and even said it would be the easiest treble to win in history.

I'm getting sick of his negativity and his based agenda agaisnt Ronny is starting to taint what he achieved as a player.

And I loved him as player.

9. og1

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    Stop making excuses we should be actively targeting winning the Europa League. If we could have somehow kept Lennon's team together we might already have done it. We need to build a solid squad and aim to win these things. Downsizing financially is a reality, downsizing ambition is for losers.

10. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Sutton has embarked in a campaign of negativity around Delia and is not big enough a man to admit he got it horribly wrong. Unlike you OG, at least you who admit when you talk pish.

11. Jozo The Provo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic symphony
    Agree with this even if it's unlikely we shouldn't ever enter anything unless we think we can win it

12. Murph-E

* off Sutton, jumping on Ronny as if he's Johnny Foreigner, hoping that will endear him to locals ("he does nae know what Celtic is all about!"), but now most see through that and see Ronny is a quality modern manager who is changing us for the better. So Sutton is left looking like the idiot, making ludicrous statements like a treble still wouldn't be good enough. We don't have the money to compete the way we did 15 years ago, get over it and stop acting like we can. Ronny is taking us forward in the best and most realistic way. The old boys club of Sutton, Hartson, Lennon is gone. Great in their time, but we're moving on now.

13. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Good post murph. This is the start of the journey.

14. Green And White

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youl never walk alone.
    Similar to people on this forum, some on here are negative and positive yet will more than likely be accused of being negative *.

People only hear and read what they want to.

15. murphy88

So it's ok for Sutton to stick the boot into Deila and Celtic, but not ok for the fans to then stick the boot into Sutton? Pretty sure John Hartson has put his hands up and admitted he got Deila wrong, you will never get Sutton doing that, no matter how successful Deila is here. He is arrogant, and just comes across as a complete *.

16. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Where is all the positive stuff from Sutton then?

Ofcourse he would say "Oh the fans were brilliant" pretty bog standard, but then he went along with McManaman when he said they shouldn't be celebrating a draw.

Point me to all these examples of positive press from Sutton?

17. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony

The point being made is that, the negative, contradicting, spiteful comments from him far, far, FAR outweigh the good.

I don't really care about him being a servant for us, that protected him the first few digs he got in, now it is just grating like *.

18. shieldsybhoy

Has anyone got a video of this? Was at the game and really want to see it.

19. og1

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    Ok your majesty.He is quoted if you read through the thread.

20. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony

I have.

The negatives from him far outweigh the positives as I said above.

His last positive article I can remember was saying we could beat the Huns with blindfolds on and even that piled more pressure on the side and made him look like a *. John Hartson even laughed at that in the studio on the day.

I watched his reaction to the game, I'll make my own mind up on him. Desperate to try and make a name for himself when in reality he's making an * of himself.