1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

does your interest in Celtic increase...

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by jpr21, Feb 17, 2015.

Discuss does your interest in Celtic increase... in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Such an emotional thread.

2. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    It actually is..

For my personal post, I find some of my early 20's were great but a lot of it was * and sad (looking back) as I was all over the place. Posting what I did reminded me of more bad times than good earlier..
    I better find the exit before I start bubbling :56:

3. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

My interest never changes but time spent watching games, checking this forum etc does depend a lot on how busy I am. I worked every Sunday for the last 4 years so missed a lot of games cause of it, but getting a mon-fri job means I've been to the pub to watch the game on tele (got no sky) a lot more which is good. I love football as much as I love anything else and the only thing I can think that is on the same level as celtic, for me, is music.

I doubt my love of celtic will ever die tbh. I think Scottish football would die before that happens actually.

4. Cadete

I remember when I was in school and following Celtic. To be honest I had very few friends and had not yet met my wife. Celtic was really all that was ever on my mind when I wasn't studying.

But now that I am working, married, with all of life's problems, my interest hasn't really waned, because Celtic will always be there. But it isn't at the FOREFRONT of everything, as it was before.

5. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    i get your point but this is still slightly contradictory . we are all celtic fans and that should never change , but like you say , when there is less going on in your life , celtic does become the forefront of everything , which to me is unhealthy .

6. Intellectually Absurd Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson (obvious choice ehh?)

It's not really unhealthy. And I doubt it's the be all end all, only thing on my mind sort of situation. It jut becomes a bit more pertinent. When there's less going on in my life I probably drink a bit more with my mates, watch a bit more tele, go to the gym more, read books etc. is that unhealthy? I don't think it is, you just find enjoyable activities to fill in the gaps and fill up your time; Celtic and all things Celtic related are activities that do this too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    :smiley-laughing002:

Very deep. Very deep indeed.

8. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    That's not what she says :icon_mrgreen:

9. liam92

My interest grows every year. Obviously started off as a wee boy getting given a Celtic strip etc, now they're my main interest. Will never not love this team

10. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    This is weird but my interest for Celtic was as intense as it is now at the age of 7/8. The Seville season was my first season following Celtic when I was 7 and I was proper obsessed, Celtic was literally all I thought about. I remember I used to put my hand up in school for a question on maths or something and I'd just say a random fact about Celtic, the teacher used to just laugh at me :smiley-laughing002:

I think my interest has always been more or less the same though, I don't think there's been a day in my life since I started supporting Celtic that I've spent a length of time thinking or talking about Celtic. My dad is a big Celtic fan and even he has said I talk too much about Celtic at times. Look forward to the day I don't play football myself anymore and can get over on a regular basis.

11. Lavelle88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I've always loved the idea of renouncing this society and moving to Nepal to live in the mountains and drink tea with the monks all day. But, knowing my luck, this would be during Celtic's greatest era where we would win countless Champions League titles.

Maybe I'll stay in Glasgow a bit longer then.