1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic v Internazionale (Thursday 19/02/15, K.O. 20:05, BT Sports 1)

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Vertie Auld, Feb 14, 2015.

Discuss Celtic v Internazionale (Thursday 19/02/15, K.O. 20:05, BT Sports 1) in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    It is unbelievably frustrating, it's like you go into a false sense of security watching the game and then they * rip your heart out in an instant. I felt empty inside after their 3 goals tonight. We do need to stop gifting them chances though, consistently shooting ourselves in the foot against them. I used to think it was naivety but I don't think we can argue with how we played tonight, it was great to watch, just stupid errors..

2. Samurai Bhoy

This is why I follow Celtic.
    I don't follow Celtic for the glory, I don't expect us to be the best team in the world. I know we will never be at the top of European football, never be able to afford the top top stars. I don't care about that.

I follow Celtic for that spine tingling feeling I get when I hear 60,000 hoops belt out You'll never walk alone or the fields of athenry. That anticipation you get when the bhoys take to the huddle before the big game. The sense that you are among family sitting in a stadium full of people you've never met before.
    The passion of the fans and players bursting their * for the green and white.
    That roar when Celtic score!
    Taking on the giants of Europe as complete underdogs and fighting like lions to compete....and, from time to time, doing the impossible.

We may not have won tonight, but what a * game.
    Proud to be a tim tonight.

3. AlbaGuBrath

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjällby, Lustig, Brown, Lubo, McStay, Bonner
    Need a strong ref next week. Last night's fell for the old Latin play acting. A cheeky wee Scandinavian would do nicely.

You know how you're not allowed a ref from your own country? For us does that include the rest of the UK? And what about ROI? How does it all work?

4. Partickbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    COYBIG/LET THE PEOPLE SING
    Highlights here. http://www.lastminutegoals.org/celtic-vs-inter-europa-league/

Watching Izzy on that first goal, brutal tracking back/covering.

Magic game, couldn't take my eyes of the screen. Bitton Mathewws and Brown had great games as did Denayer. Feel sorry for Gordon, picked a bad day to slip up.

Anyway, on we go troops, looking forward to San Siro now!

5. Nowhereman

I was just thrilled that we were fighting back and was willing to be happy with that. Absolutely entertaining stuff tonight.

6. GBTP

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown, James Forrest and Joe Ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE, BOTOB, Celtic Symphony
  7. TheHappyLoss

Will be very difficult but think we still have a chance of sneaking through :celt_2:

8. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    We will need something pretty much akin to a miracle to win in Milan and progress but I thought the character and fight we showed after the worst possible start speaks to how far we have come and what great potential we have under Delia. We were poor defensively at times tonight no question but as well as showing great character and spirit we played some pretty good football and at times really carved up their back line as much as they did us. I was just gutted with how bad our defending was in the early going and how easily they seemed to pick us apart it was very like the first 20 minutes at home against Salzburg. But what great fight back that was. For me while disappointed we dug ourselves such a big hole early on which made winning the game all but impossible I think there was more positives to take from that game for the future under Delia then negatives.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2015
  9. MartinR

An away goal and were back in it, just need to be up for it from the first minute, and no room for error!

10. Keano88

A lot of teams have beaten them this season and we should have beaten them last night.

It won't take a miracle, we will go there with nothing to lose, they are expected to go through of course, but I wouldn't be surprised if they end up crumbling.

There defence has been poor all season and we showed we can score against them last night, plus there is no way Gordon has another game like tonight. More than capable of pulling off a Marshall/Big Fras Barca performance in the 2nd leg.

11. BhoysInGreen

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura. Current: Van Dijk/Lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry, Willie Maley
    Inter forum I checked out was pretty entertaining for that roller coaster.

Everything from "Celtic is *" to "Celtic is destroying us" :56:

12. Shane1888

Most of the 'supporters' on those foreign club's forums seem to be English, which I find quite baffling. I remember the same happening when we played Juve a couple of years ago and links to their forums were posted.

Seemed more to me like prejudiced English folk 'following' them rather than genuine Italian supporters, most of whom are always respectful to a club like Celtic.

13. murphy88

What a difference from last night to the group games. Not in terms of individual mistakes, but in terms of our attacking football, and use of the ball. We all wanted to see how far we had come under Deila, well last night, in my opinion, showed we have come a long way. I thought we were superb, but unfortunately, Gordon, the main reason we made the knockout phase, ultimately cost us a victory I feel. Even when we got back to 2-2, there only looked like there was going to be one winner. Overall, delighted with what I seen from us with the ball, but individual errors killed us.

14. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Can't say I've seen Celtic play like that in a big euro tie for a long time. We are never one for parking the bus but that was attacking footie at it best. Couple of errors from Gordon cost us a win but we weren't very good defensively so not to blame him, he got us here so can't blame him.

Brilliant atmosphere. Love seeing a 90th min goal at parkhead in Europe.

15. Roskopicachu

I think when it comes down to it in the San Siro, both teams can score so i'd expect another high scoring affair, hopefully we can get more goals than Milan who just looked * feart at times. It's all about reversing the fear like i said before.

We should have buried Inter and now it's shaping up for a * of a re-match. Forget about the away goals. It's zero-zero and we just have to get the first goal and then kill the game off.

16. Shane1888

:50:

17. Montero Gold Member Gold Member

What a * game, our attacking football was an absolute joy to watch last night. I've lost my voice with the amount of singing and shouting last night :smiley-laughing002:

18. Binnie_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Commons.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Can't Get Enough.
    Upon reflection just how mental was that game? It was just brilliant. Feels good to be involved in the tie of the tournament so far, think we will be in for another goal fest at the San Siro.

19. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

* brilliant. What a match. Fabulous atmosphere, open game, good comeback. Fantastic

20. Montero Gold Member Gold Member

Anyone got links to the interviews after the game ?