1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic v Internazionale (Thursday 19/02/15, K.O. 20:05, BT Sports 1)

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Vertie Auld, Feb 14, 2015.

Discuss Celtic v Internazionale (Thursday 19/02/15, K.O. 20:05, BT Sports 1) in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. GBTP

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown, James Forrest and Joe Ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE, BOTOB, Celtic Symphony
    Any US based Celts know if there is somewhere you can watch the full game? Cheers

2. Hiceadha

Sin trua nach bhfuil tu amadain

3. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Awa' an' bile yer heid.

4. GerryAdams

Thank-you for your reply. No, I didn't realise there was such a function. I do though stand up for Inter, much the same as I would think any Celt would stand up for Celtic.

I hope you enjoyed tonight's match. For the most part I thought we were poor. But then we didn't play any differently since we won the treble, or at least since the year after that. To be honest, in the last few years we have been extremely mediocre. I'm just hopeful Mancini can do something, but it will take him time. Other than Shaqiri, Brozovic, maybe Medel and Juan Jesus, the players we have are bollocks. People talk about Icardi, but for me, he's another Balotelli.

I hope this isn't offensive, but I hope Celtic find a way of going into the English league. Some Celts will agree with that, some will disagree, but realistically it is the only way for ye to realise your massive potential. You are a huge, not huge but * huge, club playing in a duff league. No offence, but ye are light years bigger than Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen. Something has to be worked out, either than or ye need to form some sort of league with other massive clubs in poor leagues like Ajax, Anderlecht, Porto etc. Unfortunately, money has * football, and lets be honest, Italy is its latest victim (we're so far behind England, Germany and Spain it isn't funny).

5. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Amidst all the deserved euphoria I'm still concerned at the way we spread our legs in the first 15 minutes, that's something Ronny hasn't rectified yet.

We need to sort that * out and fast, any more of that in the san siro and it's good night before we even get started.

6. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

I'm so proud.

3 horrible goals they scored. 2 mistakes from a fantastic keeper and 1 pure luck.

John Guidetti I love you, this is the type of game you were made for!

I also have no words for the impact GMS and Armstrong have had.

7. McManus4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    You watch Scottish football I assume ? Regularly ? You must do to make generalising statements like that.

8. GerryAdams

Beautiful! Delighted to read your message. Only served to prove, if you read it properly, that Inter and Celtic have more in common than ye think... we uniquely share most, if not all, those records! Celtic abú agus Forza Inter!

P.S. My writing in Italian wasn't to * off, it was to respond to another poster who had been bantering over Inter through Italian (see the Sampdoria supporter).

9. TheHolyGoalie

Fav Celtic Player:
    Artur Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Aye :50:

If we sort out that slackness there's no reason we can't progress.

10. GerryAdams

No, but then I don't think Sassuolo are capable of winning the Champions League either...

11. The Celtbot

12. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Nah, * joining England. These things go in cycles. The money will leave at some point, it's a bubble and every single bubble in history has burst.

13. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I actually might watch this again when it becomes available.

14. GerryAdams

You do realise that Tiocfaidh ár la isn't written in the "Queen's tongue" eh laddie?

Maith thú!

15. GerryAdams

You're absolutely right. I'm just sick of waiting for us to be competitive in Europe again. Hopefully you're right and we both will be!

16. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Our cycles are a bit longer than yours (over 30 years between our second European final and our 3rd). I doubt you'll have to wait that long. We (and Ajax, Anderlecht, etc) will have to wait until the bubble bursts completely; your situation (and that of Porto and Benfica) is a bit less dire.

17. monthehoops1888

That was some match,exciting all the way to the end.Happy with the result in the end and we can take alot of positives from it..

18. GerryAdams

I don't know. We seem to have lost the plot completely, and I mean Italy in general. The mentality that you have to win immediately has taken over, it was always there but its completely dominant now, and its destroying everything.

In some ways I think we're like ye were when Rangers were on their way to nine in a row. Almost too desperate. Juventus are dominant, and they will be because they are the only Italian team with their own stadium, but the focus is on stopping them immediately, which is sending us backwards and backwards. You can see it with Roma. We have been incapable, both Milan sides that is, but Roma have tried. But now they are faltering and are effectively gone. I think we, and other Italian teams, need to say * Juventus, we're going to build properly, using our youth teams and spending, instead of spending on * and getting caught out.

19. James Gold Member Gold Member

20. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Just in after a brilliant night, that's what it's all about, a great game of football and atmosphere, drama and everything you want out of a football game, also thought it was ironic that they conceded after all the play acting, that was a shame they started doing that as some of their players really impressed me tonight especially Shaqiri, their fans were top notch as well, I spoke to a few of them at Brigdeton station after, I gather there was a lot of scarf swapping after the game between the fans as well.

It's all been said what I think, Biton brilliant, Deilas subs terrific, Armstrong wonderful.

A great night and I feel lucky and blessed that I will be over there for the 2nd instalment next week.