1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Stuart Armstrong

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Xavier Woods, Feb 2, 2015.

Discuss Stuart Armstrong in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Sums up my thoughts perfectly on him mate. Although I do hope he gets to the stage that I would be disapointed to see him leave, long way to go still but he's earned himself a chance and a good chance to build on this type of performance.

Because he's a shoe in to start tomorrow night I feel.

2. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I've no doubt he'll get a fair crack now under Brendan. You play well, and Brendan will acknowledge it, like he did post match Saturday..

I seen your team Dev. Only change was I had Rogic instead of Armstrong. I'd like to maybe see Armstrong come on in the second when we've been doing a lot of running and tiring, and try to make a positive impact again..

It's about keeping the ball when we can over here, and Rogic is perfect for it I feel..

3. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Aye, I was thinking that myself but the pace and running that'll be needed over there might pass Rogic by. Might pass all our players by to be honest but I think Rodgers will want Armstrong's running power in there from the start.

4. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    You could be right..

Even if we had both and 12 men playing, i still think they'd run over us in midfield :smiley-laughing002:

Would be orgasmic if we could nick something though..

Score first and give them a fright at least Celtic..

5. z1c0

Boys got a bit of Messi in him as well, wouldn't want to limit him by comparing him to they two

6. ScouseHoops Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace/The Huddle Song!
    Would you consider some rotation lads alternating the two? Purely because I cant see us having a consistent same XI team if we are seriously going to challenge for all 3 trophies and give a good account of ourselves in the Champions League. If people are still not happy with Armstrong as back up, who would be a better option?

7. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    No danger in my opinion. It's Rogic' biggest weakness, his fitness. He seems to be improving it, but that won't be flawless all year, especially with his long haul flight's..

Armstrong and Christie will get a chance from that position. All depends on how Brendan will go now. I expect 5 at the back tomorrow, and i expect 2 up top once Griff is back fit..

A lot of different options, which is great for us, and a nightmare (domestically) for everyone else:smiley-laughing002:

8. ScouseHoops Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace/The Huddle Song!
    For me particularly in Europe you need as you implied the one in the hole who is the fittest, can drive the team forward on the counter attack, spot quick passes and/or arrive late into the area/can run with the ball. I haven't seen enough of Ryan Christie to assess whether he can do that, Rogic as you said needs to improve his fitness where as (like others have said) Armstrong looks like he can press and given some confidence can play/express himself a bit - its just whether he can defend?

9. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Gotta hold my hand up I was slightly raging when I saw Armstrong coming on for Rogic :56:

Fair play though, like Brown, Lustig and Forrest he seems to have been transformed and re-invigorated by the new manager.

I still wouldn't have him in the team for any European games, don't think his passing or control are remotely good enough for the Champions League. Keep him as a number 10 for domestic games when we can rest Tommy.

10. ScouseHoops Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace/The Huddle Song!
    Exactly, clever rotation is the name of the game this year.

11. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

i think hes perfect for coming on at the 60m mark for rogic as we know he tires and becomes ineffective after this point! where as like on saturday armstrong comes on and powers us to the end and keeps us attacking and not sitting back on a lead which, as we know usually works against us

12. belbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley...the shebeen version
    well impressed with him Sat best game since his debut in my humble opinion:50:

13. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I would agree with everything there. Armstrong is a central not a wide player without a doubt and under Rodgers he may well have a future at Celtic. At the very least as an important part of the squad if not a nailed on starter.

14. Big C

I still have my reservations although he was good on Saturday. We were playing a woeful team with no energy but hopefully he will continue to improve, I have my doubts. To over exaggerate his contribution against a team with no shape or pace is typical of us.

15. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Didn't realise he played a part in all 3 goals after he came on, well in my son.:50:

Brendan's changed Forrest since he came in? No reason he can't do the same with Armstrong.

16. Highland_Bhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ever Henrik Larsson, now Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Played brilliantly on Saturday when he came on. Hopefully he will get a game up at Inverness on Sunday.

17. CelticKurd

Fav Celtic Player:
    Georgios Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony and Willie Maley
    Dont rate him at all.

18. pLUSpISTOL

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ever: Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Aye... Let's see how he does over a few more games, hopefully he shows more of this. He did well when he came on but they were properly *.

19. Babsybhoy1888

Think that's the first time he's played his correct position for Celtic.

20. Nakamura88

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    I was one of his doubters after his sloppy showing at home to Astana & his anonymous game at tynecastle. But credit where it's due, he was terrific on Saturday and took his goal well.

Perhaps the Rodgers effect & knowing that there's others ahead in the pecking order will promp him to improve and at least become a good alternative option.