1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[PC] Total war

Discussion in 'Computers and Gaming' started by M 67, Jan 25, 2015.

Discuss Total war in the Computers and Gaming area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. M 67

Hi folks

Just having a wee browse around the forum and was wondering if anyone plays the total war series? And if so what they think about the upcoming Attila game?

2. Graeme1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ajer
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Yeah, I've played it since Rome Total War came out like 10 years ago, although the recent rome 2 total war was a big disappointment and I am not going to be getting this Attila one

3. JamesM09

I've played since Rome: Total War. Thought RTW:2 was shockingly bad. The Emperor edition dragged it up to acceptable but still really poor. I won't buy Attila unless they've made massive changes.

What did you think Mark?

4. Graeme1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ajer
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I agree that its acceptable, but I cant really forgive them for what they've done to the series after that shambolic opening month or so after RTW2 came out, not unless I see some major improvements and most of all, the bugs are all fixed before the game is * released will I pre order another one of their games again

5. M 67

I've been playing since the original medieval and have to admit Rome 2 is by far the worst of the lot

Attila looks * sweet tho! The family tree is back, the ability to scorch land and abandon settlements is new, giving land to hordes, ability to set buildings and trees on fire, etc...basically the game Rome should've been

I'm absolutely gutted the next in the series is a war hammer game :54:

Honestly Graeme I reckon Attila is gonnae be sweet but can understand if you've ran outta patience with CA. Apparently they said the game was never ready but sega forced it out

6. Verrix

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA & Fields
    Attila will probably end up being the game Rome 2 should have been, so we'll be being twice over just to get the game we want. Whole things a farce. Rome 2 felt like an alpha game for ~12 months and even now feels like it's still in beta. I've gone back to Medieval 2 (+ mods) and Europa Universalis (much better game, gd devs too). Suffice to say I won't be buying another Total War game for some time.

7. C2911

Used to play Rome Total War with the Lord of the Rings mods.

That's going back a while though :smiley-laughing002:

8. M 67

As I said though, folk have said that SEGA rushed the game. I'll let them off the hook but if Attila is * then I won't be buying another TW game for a while

The multiplayer is still good, although it's changing to who can click the fastest rather than tactics, etc :54:

9. Graeme1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ajer
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I dont think I'm really interested enough in Atilla the hun either to play it, I wonder what the next one after that will be..what would you guys like to see?

10. M 67

Apparently it's warhammer but that would be terrible IMO

Hoping for a Victorian era or medival 3! What about you?

11. Graeme1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ajer
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I honestly have no idea, Medieval 3 would be good, but I would also like perhaps an Egyptian one or something like that, I dont think the game would work going into a more modern time

Edit: Or maybe a LOTR type one like an official game of it, not a mod