1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Competency Interview Answers

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by DiomansyKamara, Dec 4, 2014.

Discuss Competency Interview Answers in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. DiomansyKamara

Applying for a job with 9 competency questions and stuck at the last one.

It says its desirable but not essential to have project management skills including the ability to forward plan while managing the changing needs of stakeholders.

The only other project I've been involved in I used for another answer. I have no idea what to write or make up here. Any help appreciated.

2. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

Try a macdonalds cleaning job:50:

3. DiomansyKamara

Harsh.

4. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    You no play Fitba Manager mate?

Tell them in FM 2012 you guided Greenock Morton to a Scottish Cup Final while halving the wage budget.

You got pumped 3-0 off Dundee United and sacked 6 months later but the experience was invaluable.

Sorted. :50:

5. iando

I take it you use the method

S
    T
    A
    R

Situation
    Task
    Action
    Result

Aslong as you use this method you shouldn't loose points. So think of a situation and what task it was. Then what action you took and then the result. Make one up if you have to. Remember aswell it doesn't have to be a positive outcome. It could be something that went wrong and the result of it learned you that it wasn't the best way to do it etc. Every question you answer should be based on star.

6. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

old saying mate.
    "sometimes the truth hurts":icon_mrgreen:

7. iando

You do know you can take notes into the interview aswell. It won't go against your score. Had a talk with the management at work a wee while ago. I don't think competency interviews get you the best candidate for the job but that's what most do now.

Good luck anyway what job are you going for ? P

8. Ruxin

I've just finished filling in an application for a job with Scottish Government that had questions like that. I know I could do the job but struggle with these types of applications. Best of luck.

9. DiomansyKamara

Its the same one and I'm the same mate, think I could do the job well but always struggle with these applications. All the best.