1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic vs FC Salzburg- Thurs, Nov 27, KO 8:05pm CP time. (BT sports1)

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by BhoysInGreen, Nov 22, 2014.

Discuss Celtic vs FC Salzburg- Thurs, Nov 27, KO 8:05pm CP time. (BT sports1) in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. shieldsybhoy

Anyone reckon it might be a full house on Thurs? Or am I just being hopeful/naive?

2. DiomansyKamara

No chance unfortunately mate, the upper tier isn't open yet and the lower tier isn't even fully sold out.

We will only get full houses or close to it these days for CL games or Sevco.

3. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    They are better in the forward areas for me. Although we have Guidetti(who isn't playing anyway) Alan and Soriano score goals for fun, even if the Austrian league is pish they would still do it in other similar leagues in Europe. Soriano's record in the Europa league itself is unreal. Kevin Kampl is an excellent player as well, someone we are crying out for.

The way they play is better at this stage as well, Deila has said before the way they press and move the ball is how he wants us to play in a year or so. We are slowly getting there.

They are very much beatable though, obviously. They were a better side under their previous manager who really transformed their style. This new guy hasn't got them playing as well I dont think. I'm sure the Salzburg fan on here would back that opinion up..

4. McManus4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    We are definitely going to need to soak up the pressure in this one. Gutted Lustig is out.

Wakaso will be vital I think, he's a bit of an outball and can take the pressure off us.

5. Jack Torrance Heeeeeere's Johnny! Gold Member

can't see 20,000+ tickets being sold between now and Thursday night...

unless Salzburg change there name to Rangers, in which case the queue will be stretching the length of London Rd :icon_mrgreen:

6. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Just make the tickets a fiver, with a full house we would win. No doubts about that.

7. Mikolias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Georgios Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Stadiums getting slightly more full... Just bought the last seat in 113 (row HH :smiley-laughing002:) Hopefully we get a good turnout and get the bhoys motivated, might just be what we need to beat Salzburg!

8. Chavez

Getting priced out of half empty games is bollocks. :50:

Something to think about before acting like it not being a CL game or against the undead are the only reasons it's not full.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2014
  9. Chavez

:50::50:

10. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone

To be guaranteed automatic qualification from the group Celtic need to beat RB salzburg.
    If Celtic draw and Dinamo zagreb beat Astra then it goes down to final game against Dinamo.
    At that point if Dinamo win 2-0 against us then Dinamo get the automatic place because we will both, at that point, be on 9 points but they would have better head to head results.
    At moment we are in great postion for one of the best 3rd placed postions so we are gauranteed qualification but the last 32 draw may not see us seeded.

11. TheHappyLoss

We've given two for one and free tickets recently and people still don't turn up :38:

12. kevski82

Gutted I'm missing this. Been to the other europa games but down in London this week.

13. Jack Torrance Heeeeeere's Johnny! Gold Member

At the end of the day, a crowd of nearly 40k will probably be one of the top attended games in the Europa league this week, just a pity we couldn't get nearer 50k though given the importance of the match.

14. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    It is, it's pretty healthy in that respect. I just think it is worrying that people aren't seeing this as a big game. It's a massive game with a lot at stake against a very good team. Frankly speaking I think a lot of our fans badly underestimate them.

15. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

So because their away form is good they are a better side?

We drew with them away from home and we have still to play them at home. Yes they have a quality, in form, striker but we have quality, in form, defenders.

We'll see on Thursday who the better side are - judging it on performances against other teams when the Group is as tight as it is doesn't wash.

As I said, we will see on Thursday who the better side are.

If we had our in form striker it would obviously be easier but I know for a fact we are good enough to beat them at Parkhead.

16. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Their European form has been consistently better than ours this year and last year. They have better results than us in our group so far and last year they absolutely tanked Ajax (who finished above us in our CL group) home and away.

They are definitely a better team than us, any neutral would agree. That doesn't mean we can't take them at CP but they are not to be underestimated.

17. murphy88

Trying to base football results based on logic is just a nonsense really.

We know they are a good side, but we have beaten far better teams at Celtic Park in the past, and we can certainly win on Thursday. It won't be easy by any stretch, but we are definitely capable of winning. Just like Salzburg are capable of beating us in my opinion.

18. Jack Torrance Heeeeeere's Johnny! Gold Member

I don't understand how anyone could underestimate them- they've wiped the floor with Zagreb, and they've scored for fun for a few seasons also. It's vital that first and foremost we're solid at the back- you could say there weakest area is in defense, but then with no Guidetti you could say we are weakest up front, so it will be interesting in that regard.

19. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Of course we are, that's not the point. The point is that people are underestimating them in a way they would not underestimate a CL team. Their results the last two seasons are far better than ours and any neutral would say they are a better team than us, regardless of the result on Thursday.

Also many of the better teams that we beat in the past we were helped by 60k people doing their nut in to give the players that little bit of extra belief and energy that sometimes makes the difference; this will be a little over half full and many of the fans (to judge by this thread) are badly underestimating them.

Thank * the GB will be there so that at least we won't get another "Maribor", with players and fans making each other nervous.

20. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I really hope Deila changes it and goes with the way he played in Maribor (or rather something similarly cautious, I'm not talking about formations here). If we play our normal system they'll do to us exactly what Warsaw did.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2014