1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

1-10: How confident are you Ronny will succeed?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Markybhoy, Oct 24, 2014.

Discuss 1-10: How confident are you Ronny will succeed? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Bratfurdbhoy1

4 from me but a month ago it would have been 1!

2. Jack Torrance Heeeeeere's Johnny! Gold Member

Mon eh ron don e don.

3. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    I said 4. Can't see where he is going and think it will take something Truly amazing for all the chips to fall into place!

4. ulsterscot

Despite having the best team in Scotland and by far the best team than any team other than the huns , an aweful lot of Celtic's play under O'Neil was very one dimensional straight up to the front me from any angle and let Larsson Sutton and Hartson do the business. We got more goals per season from set pieces under M O' N than under WGS or Lennon .

5. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

You:97:

6. SpringburnBhoy

I think Paul Hartley and big Yogi are far better managers than Ronny.
    Maybe Livingston:50:

7. BigWilly The Wildcard Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Willy
    Too many people on here forget Lenny's first 2 years in charge, I guess he got somewhat of a pass for already being a Celtic Legend, but he came in with less experience and more resources and was already out of Europe by this point, while we are on pace to have European football after Christmas for only the 4th time in 10 years, and we are doing it with a new coach who has had very little time or money to build his team.
    Delia deserves at the very least a Full season in charge, if not more.

8. Cobbs67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy and Danny
    Say we get through to the next round of the Europa League after Christmas and we managed to win the domestic treble, something Lennon didn't manage to do. What would people's thoughts on Deila be then ?

9. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    I would change my vote from a 6 to a 2.

10. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt

Say he done this and we got to the last 8 of the CL next year while again winning the treble I would give him a 10

11. Jozo The Provo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic symphony
    People are to disrespectful towards the europa league on here

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2014
  12. CelticBhoyDavid

Fav Celtic Player:
    Would have to be King of Kings, Henrik Larsson.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I'm not picky.
    6 for me. I think that if he can get a good run together, get some stability into the team and get them playing well, then who knows what can happen. We may be having some hiccups in the league lately, but we're doing really well in the Europa League. May be stretching our luck at times with the way we have been playing but we have still be winning and surely that can only help with matters.

In saying that, though, I may unofficially change my vote from a 6 to a 5 if we won't win against Kilmarnock on Sunday :icon_mrgreen:

13. Kiko 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson - Lubo - McStay
    :smiley-laughing002:

14. Kiko 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson - Lubo - McStay
    Clyde?

15. tonyc1

a 6 or maybe a 7 for me.. looking good to get out of group in EL and while league form has been suspect, i think within a few weeks well be top of the pile again!!!!!!!!!!!!!:celt_2:

16. Markybhoy

Interesting poll result so far. At the extremes(1-3 and 8-10) it's pretty much equal with the majority being in the middle. That suggests that most Celtic fans are now in a 'wait and see' mode with Ronny Deila. The next couple of months are going to be critical for him I reckon.

17. wulliebad

Went with a 6 as i just don't know how it will pan out.
    But we are winning while playing bad and for me that's better than playing good and losing while building up his team.

It will be interesting to see who he bringing in during the January window as he said a while back more players will come in then.

18. Jozo The Provo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic symphony
    I'm lookin at the other way because he was only new I was just lookin for performances more then results let's be realistic it should be easy to get most results at celtic maybe I just bought into much to what he said I just hope he doesn't go back on his original words though

19. Moros

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mohamed Bangura.
    Went for 3.

I really want the guy to do well but I just can't see him succeeding from what I've seen so far. At the moment we're inconsistent in our results although I'm happy we've got seven points from nine in our Europa League group, but overall our results have been inconsistent and we've been quite lucky in our two home games in the Europa League. Our performances have been consistently poor bar two or three performances.

You've got to show something in your first season as Celtic manager. I look back to Lennon's first season because he didn't win the League, but most people got behind him and were buzzing for his second season because of the football he had us playing in his first season so he bought himself some time due to that and also the fact he was a bawhair away from winning the League. So, immediate success isn't the be all and end all in your first season, but at the moment we're struggling for results and performances and that's why people are getting on his back.

The Europa League results have been the really positive thing so far, if he can give us a run in the Europa League then that could be the thing that buys him enough time to fully implement his ideas. We've been really lucky in the two Europa League home games, but we've got the results and at the moment, I'm happy with that.

He does remind me of Mowbray in that he seems like an idealist in his philosophy, he wants to get us playing a high intensity type of football which would be great, but we don't have enough of those type of players to pull it off at the moment. It's also reminiscent of Mowbray in the sense that they both wanted to play a certain style of football, but are ending up not getting consistent results and playing really poorly. I just hope for Deila it doesn't continue like that because the inevitable will happen if it does.

The problem with managers like that is they're extremely stubborn and usually stick to their ideals no matter what. Of course, that can be a good thing as well, but at a club like Celtic where a couple of bad results is viewed as a disaster then it's maybe not such a great thing. What ever philosophy a manager has, it ultimately has to bring results and success at a club like Celtic because he won't be around long if it doesn't.

So, a 3 it is. I really hope he succeeds because I obviously want Celtic to do well, but I also quite like Deila and would like to see him do well as Celtic manager. At the moment I'm pessimistic, but that's just a reflection of what I've seen so far and could easily change with a string of good results and performances.

20. Creativecelt Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current Team:Kyogo; Invincible Team: Brown; Seville Team: Larsson; Burns Team: McNamara
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Various
    I voted 10. what is success to celtic? Winning the League, We will win the league, we have the squad and the players to achieve this. Progress in europe, Yes we are out of the CL, but the EL is a good place to rebuild a team, blood young players and develop a new playing approach. Ideally we will achieve getting out of the groups, and get a good cup run in europe to help with the co-efficecient.
    Yes he is learning as a manager, but i am confident that come the end of the season, he will achieve success, have identified the new players he needs in january and we will see a vastly improved team and squad.