1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Enough is enough

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by og1, Oct 5, 2014.

Discuss Enough is enough in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doctor venglos

It's a common fate for managers to be dispensed with quickly if they don't produce the goods, especially if they are with a relatively big club and there is a lot at stake, and lets face there is an awful lot at stake with falling attendances and rising costs etc, so most modern clubs cannot afford to allow a "mistake " to become terminal. I cited Watford because they have gone through 3 managers in 6 weeks, soon to become 4, so dispensing with Deila now is not a big deal, and I don't think it would in any way deter determined applicants for the Celtic job, if and when it becomes available.

2. TIART Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wee Callum
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Ronny Deila is no better than Jackie McNamara at this point in time.

3. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Citing a club that is on its way to going through 4 managers in 6 weeks rather undermines your case for hastily sacking Deila rather than supporting it! That's exactly the kind of scenario Senna was (correctly) warning against.

4. doctor venglos

I agree the Celtic job had Clarke written all over it. We have to lay the blame firmly and squarely at DD and Lawell's door for giving us an unknown quantity from Norway at a pivotal time in the clubs' future.

Have to disagree. The 2-2 game was extremely fortunate, could have been 5-2 easily for them. The Dinamo game was the same I thought, we were completely outplayed and got lucky again. I don't believe in luck as a long term plan for success.We musn't skip over the fact either that Deila got us dumped out of the Champions League twice over by September which was quite a remarkable feat by any standards.

And there is no fairness or sensibility when it comes to managing Celtic.
    Either you are a success or you are out that door.

5. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Changing manager doesn't gurantee success.. Ronny should not be classed as a mistake that will become terminal, there is more leeway to give time in the SPL compared to the top two leagues in England..

All managers have struggled with CL qualification and Sun games after EL.. Players need to start showing more commitment or they should be offloaded in Jan..

6. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

:party048:

I never seen the match and I've just watched the highlights. Is it just me that thinks we had some great chances and could have won quite comfortably if some had their shooting boots on?

Seemed like we played some good stuff. I'll watch the full match as soon as it's up on live football video.

7. doctor venglos

I don't think so. I think it shows that we should not in any way be inhibited from sacking Deila now,if the long term prognosis is deemed terminal, and judging by many comments on other Celtic boards, there seems to be a large consensus of opinion amongst Celtic fans for terminating Deila's one year contract now, and getting in a more experienced and astute pair of hands to save the league, and keep us in Europe beyond Christmas, and give us a fair crack of the whip in the two cups, so no I don't think it weakens the argument, I think it augments the argument.

8. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

your all forgetting that his own players the ones he signed have played only what a couple of games and look like their attempting to get match fit while they are at it, i sense things are just about to turn in our favour

there is always resistance from some old guard of players to new managers but really there is no where else for us to go

established coaches dont want to touch the job because the money aint good enough and the money aint there to buy players and players dont really want to come to scotland

this guy has done this in his own country

he took a wee team and in 4 years he had them from relegation to 2nd in the league which they won the next year

he's as proven as your gonna get and if we give him a wee bit longer he'll have us turned around, i actually dont think we're playing that bad a few players back in the team the new players a bit fitter, commons and stokes hopefully dropped *crucial actually and we'll start motoring wait and you'll see :50:

you do wonder why he decided to try and change things immediately after saying he wouldn't, i'm guessing he was shocked by the players fitness levels

9. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    You're entitled to your opinion but, in mine, any club that goes through managers at that rate clearly haven't a clue when it comes to their managerial appointments and therefore are the last club I'd want to cite if I wanted to argue that sacking Deila early is no big deal.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2014
  10. doctor venglos

Not in this league anymore is there leeway. We are in deep doo dah, in sixth place with a manager who looks shellshocked, and if we lose to Ross County...

Deila didn't help himself either on Sunday by playing basically the same team again so soon after the exhausting Europa exploits on Thursday.He could easily have brought in Fisher, Henderson, Kayal, Scepovic to freshen things up.

11. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

[​IMG]

panic who said PANIC

oh my *

is that what we celtic fans are now ??? after 2 defeats in the league with a new manager, new formation and new players ???

pfffff :38:

12. vinny25

No point in sacking Ronny at this point. Give him time to either show himself up or prove he has what it takes. It is torture watching the team in the mean time but no point chucking things already.

13. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    International break is hopefully a * send to ronny to work and get a few things right even in between some players being away with there countries..

We need tweaking all over as this set up does not suit our current personnel, at the moment anyway..

Hopefully get a couple players back who are badly missed and our new guys up to full speed..

Hard viewing but still early days lads..

14. LubosMagic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Victor Wanyama
    Enough is enough i agree ive had about enough of the prawn sandwich bullshit weve been used to winning i get it its * to be on the losing end again but * * its not that bad just yet. How far are we off the top of the table? How well are we doing in the EL in a fairly tough group? Ok we had a * start and ronnie has made some bemusing decisions but * * u talk about bringing lenny back? I can remember ppl like urselves (and me) wanting lennon out to * aswel. Difference being with ronnie is ronnie is trying a completely new style of football faster paced pressing and if he gets what he wants we will be * brilliant! Main problem is too much dead wood. Commons i have actually grown to like but hes not good enough tried his party flick trick once too many times against hamilton stokes is pure pish sitter after sitter against hamilton. We have a fair few players to come back into the fold aswel good players too and we look a much better team now with brown back. I agree its still not good enough but this sack the manager bullshit is reminiscent of over zealous * EPL sides. we are better than that get behind this guy and stop being *.

15. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Eh, aye. This. I think.

Some good points mate, don't understand the Lenny bashing in the middle part of the rant but aye, some good points in there.

He should be given to Christmas, if we are out of Europe and still off the pace in the league then we should review the situation. In the meantime everybody just chill the * out.

16. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

remember the stick neil lennon got off us fans

its getting to be a thank less task

remember what we were all thinking when neil walked away

we were all milling over how he decided to walk because the club had started to downsize and pistol pete and the board were gonna keep on running things that way so lenny jumped because he knew how almost impossibly hard this job was gonna get

we were all thinking thats why keane knocked the job back and larrsson didnt want it

these signals were out there before ronny got the job..........

now you want to consider sacking him now after that, the club and us fans should have known this was gonna get worse before it got better

patience guys

17. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Lawwell has played a blinder. The call was for his head about 2 months ago. Then after a Pravda like interview on Celtic TV and the last minute spending of some money after selling our keeper for ten million he is once again in the background having his underlings taking the flak for him (although Ronny is making it easy for him it has to be said).

18. SpringburnBhoy

Its also a time and costly thing to allow a clueless manager to take over a team that is too far out of his depth.
    We as a club needs CL money,the reason we are financial healthy at this time is because of CL money.
    This guy had two cracks at that money and not only * them up,but then blamed anything,from players fitness to fizzy drinks to even the "state of the art " complex we have at Lennoxtown.

The guy may be a nice guy and talks good *,but the sad thing is,he's just * clueless,just my opinion.

19. LubosMagic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Victor Wanyama

Wasnt a go at lenny it was an observation mate he was given * by ppl regarding his tactics and stuff at the beginning. the point is everyone blows * out of proportion when things don't go our way and the manager is the person who gets the * end.

20. doctor venglos

We are seeing the same kind of split between the Celtic fans that happened with Tony Mowbray. One half of the Celtic fans wanted Mowbray to get the bullet before or at Christmas, the other half wanted Mowbray to be given more time. Mowbray was a former Celtic player of some note, he had vast experience of the Scottish game, Mowbray was an experienced manager, he had SPL experience with Hibernian and EPL experience with West Brom, he was given more time and yet he still failed and totally wrecked our season.

Deila has NONE of this experience that Mowbray had, and yet there is still a camp of Celtic fans advocating more time for Deila, based on what I cannot see.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.