1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

iPhone 6 bends in your pocket

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Kiko 7, Sep 24, 2014.

Discuss iPhone 6 bends in your pocket in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Onefootwonder

I'd never touch an iPhone ever again.

They aren't as good as many of the Android devices, but it's just the image that kills them. They are just a fashion accessory to most owners.

Looking at the price of the phones, the iPhone 6+ comes in at £700 for 64gb. The one below is 16gb and that's too small.

Seriously overpriced.

The sheep will lap it up though. Just a higher monthly finance payment to keep at the top of the fashion stakes.

2. GMS

Hate my iphone too.

Already been through 4 charger cables - cheap *.

My next phone will most defs not be an Apple product

3. Big Boss Gold Member Gold Member

Apple products are overpriced cack. Sad to see that still buy into it because it's "fashionable" and *. They're only really good for people who have no experience with technology - for anyone else getting an Android (for phones and tablets) or Windows/Linux (for PCs) is so much more cost-effective.

iPhones always crack aswell, you see tons of people walking around with cracked screens on their iPhones like it's just a normal part of the process.

4. faw cough Gold Member Gold Member

Had to get an iphone and ipad for work last week.

I have broke the ipad screen already.

I hate all this techy stuff.

5. atmosphere

I think the whole "fragile screen" stuff us a bit of a myth.

I've had the 1st gen ipad for 3 years now and there's not a scratch on it, and ran through 3 iphone's, no broken screen's.

Maybe if people stop taking there phone's out on nights out when they know they are gonnae get pished that might be a good start.

Anyway The iphone 6 and 6 plus are wayyy over priced, but if people are willing to spend the money then good for apple and good for all the credit card companies lol.

Posted from my super expensive catwalk worthy iphone 5s.

6. Pinstripe

Aye, that gets on my *, especially when the guy they are phoning is called Rodney....not Dave.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
  7. JamesM09

It'll be interesting to see how Apple respond and how common the problem is.

Apparently bendy phones is a problem for the Galaxy S4 and a few others so it could be a case of it being 'bendgate' because it's Apple.

We're definitely in the post Steve Jobs era. When he got the first iPod he threw it into a fish tank and said the air bubbles coming out of it proved they could make it smaller. I'd imagine the first thing he would do with every new iPhone was try to bend it and stuff like that. Also the way he handled 'Antennagate'..

8. s'escocès!

To be fair most Iphone users were crying put to have something bendy stuck in their pocket.

9. kevski82

10. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    What are we takin here, 600 quid ?

Total madness, Apple is a prime example of the Brand driven process of making people believe they cannot do without their latest product, once they have you mentally then they can charge exorbitant sums and the gulible punter will pay without hesitation.

11. Doire_Bhoy

Not just pay but actually queue up for the "privilege" of purchasing the product.

12. Kiko 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson - Lubo - McStay
    I was looking a Nexus 5 for my next phone. Can anyone recommend?

13. trip2themoon Concomitant Allez-Vous?

Fav Celtic Player:
    Peter Grant
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the Old Brigade

I've got the I Phone 3s and I only got it because my mate gave me it. I quite like it because it's a nice wee size, has a decent charger cable with it (I've heard the newer ones are real flimsy) and I only need to charge twice a week. Newer phones are * huge, my mate has the Galaxy S5 and it's like having Dom Jolly's Nokia at your ear. I remember when * got slagged for having huge phones.

14. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Doesn't that just show up automatically? Or are there actually people here typing that out at the end of each post?

15. johnboy19

Fav Celtic Player:
    Billy McNeil and Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song and The Celtic Symphony
    Welcome to my world mate. My wife got me one but I never have it on me. Absolutely hate them. They're an invasion on my privacy. If anyone wants to get in touch with me , they have to call the landline. It's the same in my local mate. Everyone texting or looking at phones. *' ignorant.

16. johnboy19

Fav Celtic Player:
    Billy McNeil and Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song and The Celtic Symphony
    Welcome to my world mate. My wife got me one but I never have it on me. Absolutely hate them. They're an invasion on my privacy. If anyone wants to get in touch with me , they have to call the landline. It's the same in my local mate. Everyone texting or looking at phones. *' ignorant.

17. kevski82

Nexus is decent, it's based on the LG G2.

I bought the LG because the battery life was much better. Nicer screen too. The power button is on the back which takes a bit of getting used to, but once you're used to it you'll wonder how you lived with anything else.

Cost about £250 on Amazon just now. I just bought one then got a monthly contract for peanuts.

18. Onefootwonder

Nexus 5 is a great phone.

The new model should be out very soon.

19. Cmcgregor90

Am I actually missing the point here? Ive seen no proof that a 6 bends in somebodys pocket just videos of people adding pressure to the phone who on gods earth would do that to there phone so it's irrelivant if it bends when you put all that pressure on it!

I don't know why people slate Apple at every given opertunity only thing I would say against Apple is they bring products out far too fast but it's mostly the i pads the phone Atleast last 2 3 year for a new model ok less time for a 4s or 5c but it's the idiots that buy them then complain that a totally new phone comes out

See with chargers you obviously dont look after them right this is coming from me who's been through a few but I have possibly done it once on my own where I * the wire inside but the others where becaise mostly I let the misses use mine and she just yanks it out here and there

The actuall phones... I've never broke one in my puff and I have had every upgrade accept 5c 5s never broke a screen before either not saying I'm the most careful person in the world I drop my phone mine here and there and they don't smash that easy

20. Cmcgregor90

And android is just * the kind of features you have in them are like ones you would find in a pay as you go phone don't think I would ever swap from Apple beacaide it's actually the best out there never seen and android phone I actually like even features like when they vibrate just sounds dead cheaply put together