1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

FC Salzburg v Celtic September18th @ 18:00

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Gabriel, Sep 13, 2014.

Discuss FC Salzburg v Celtic September18th @ 18:00 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. StevieBhoy93

this was always going to be a tough match a draw for this match is a good result

2. kramer1 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Sammy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Van * looks as though he doesn't really want to be here; agree that his constant moaning is frustrating. He must be difficult to play alongside at the moment.

As you say, Scepovic hasn't found his feet yet. But that outrageous shot from distance in the second half was fantastic, and it didn't miss by much.

If we can properly harness Wakaso's pace, he'll give a lot of teams trouble. HH

3. Jeffrey

Highlights kicking about taroops?

4. Lanz

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2014
  5. BTG

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady, Maloney, Browny
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Thought McGregor was poor and VVD was good, other than that can't argue

6. Boom Stick

Mcgregor was poor tbh,vvd had a decent game,Efe is a nightmare,izzy was at blame for free kick for second goal,
    My motm Gordon,fantastic tonight

7. scomur1888

100k for the draw and 1 important co-officent point also.

Hopefully beat Zagreb at home next game and that should set us up nicely to qualify.

8. Balver77

Fav Celtic Player:
    Virgil van Dijk
    Scott Brown is immensely larger than his shadow. :icon_mrgreen:

His influence beaming through the whole team. :bbpd:

9. Dazza

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Agreed hate when people peddle those stats about our away form.

Used to be we couldn't win away in Europe, then when we won in the qualifiers it went to can't win away in the actual competition. Now it's can't win away in the Europa league :smiley-laughing002: * joke man and it's worse hearing it come from Celtic fans!

A draw away from home against the top seeds is a good result. That's a fact.

10. Lion1961 Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fenian Record Player
    Delighted to come away with a point when we could quite easily have lost that one due to the defence still being shaky as * at times.

I thought we tried punting the ball up the park far too much tonight and our overall passing was quite poor but we done just about enough to grab a valuable away point.

Hopefully the defence can get a bit of confidence and start to gel much better than they have been. Brown appears to be the man who makes the difference to how we play and it shows.

MOM for me was Craig Gordon and it was just a pity we lost the second equalizer to what I can't deny was a fantastic strike. Time yet before we play Zagreb to improve our play, and win that I think we'll be giving ourselves a good chance of qualifying for the last 32. Given the transitional period we are in that would be a great achievement.

11. doctor venglos

Are you not confusing Henderson with Fisher ? I can't remember Henderson playing at right back, but I take your point anybody would be better than Ambrose at right back, or Ambrose in any part of the team. Izzyguire is another weak link in the team too, looks to have gained weight and lost a yard in pace, if we could replace those two in the defence we would be a really good team I think.

12. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Coming on ITV soon after they analyse the Everton game

13. Vinnie BBQ Justice is lost Justice is raped Justice is gone.

I * missed it all. Since I don't want to rely on Dutch media, cause they think the league is *.....how did we play?

14. StevieBhoy93

the way i'm looking at it just now is that that is a good step towards making it out the group where Guidetti will be unleashed

15. StevieBhoy93

had good periods but overall our passing was poor got a good goal and a lucky goal but salzburg got exactly the same Gordon was outstanding

16. big yogi

found this for you mate

<script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8" src="//cdn.playwire.com/bolt/js/embed.min.js" data-width="607" data-height="360" data-config="http://cdn.playwire.com/v2/21772/config/1342469.json" data-publisher-id="21772" data-video-id="1342469"></script>

17. Vertie Auld

* off, Carmichael, ya * rodent.

18. ulsterscot

Our defence was under pressure tonight and quite rightly some posters have blame them for hoofing the ball up the pitch and giving the ball back to Salzburg . At the same time other posters felt Celtic passed the ball around too much and put themselves under pressure .
    It doesn't matter because according to most Ambrose presence was a negative influence on the whole team and we would have been better with a man short . No blame seems to be attached for the first goal for the centre defender closest to the striker falling and allowing striker to move in unchallenged.

19. Vinnie BBQ Justice is lost Justice is raped Justice is gone.

Thanks a lot guys. Guess it's not too bad since we we were playing away.
    <script src="//cdn.playwire.com/bolt/js/bolt.min.js?80a150b5a628d3e3cb1e09aabe1a50d20696954d-20131029132257"></script>

20. trip2themoon Concomitant Allez-Vous?

Fav Celtic Player:
    Peter Grant
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the Old Brigade

I don't see why we couldn't beat them at home with a good crowd. Took the lead twice, it's well doable at home.