1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Transfer Deadline Day - SOS(Save Our Season)

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by DannyBhoy_1990, Sep 1, 2014.

Discuss Transfer Deadline Day - SOS(Save Our Season) in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. aidinho

I agree and some of these spanish teams dont have sponsors FFS.

2. Heisenberg

Apparently we will not be signing ANYONE

3. Kiko 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson - Lubo - McStay
    How about, Please Lawwell Eventually Buy...

4. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    We'll get the "We don't want to spend just for the sake of spending, that would not be the route to take".

And PL will tell RD to say to the press "We have good enough players as it is, many internationals who will step up".

5. cilitbangmagic

6. Dáibhí

Again, like I said elsewhere, I seriously doubt it has been a case of Deila slapping a list of positions he needs filled on Lawwell's desk only for Lawwell to not act on it.

Deila was clear that he was taking his time to analyse the current squad, and only a while back did he actually say in an interview that he was now actively looking at players.

I think he's got plans for a major clearout, and it's going to take time for that to happen. We can't shift a lot of our players quickly, there simply won't be buyers for a lot of them.

7. murphy88

I think I've answered this pretty much in the other thread when we were discussing a similar topic, so I'll just let you respond if you wish on that. Otherwise we are just going to be copying and pasting on to other threads :smiley-laughing002:

8. Dáibhí

I have just responded! :smiley-laughing002:

9. ordinaryman

My view is that Peter/Parks thought as we won league so easily last season, it would be bit tinkering here/there and with 2 'easy' CL rounds, we would be OK. What they didn't realise was that, once he saw the patient' Consultant Deila, who wants his players to multi-task, was looking at open heart surgery but has been told that's not possible within our budget. So now we have a plaster here and there and Ronny is told to get on with it.

As for clear out, if he doesn't get the right results, he could be part of that phase.

10. Dáibhí

You think that Lawwell believed it would simply be a case of tinkering with last seasons squad? He would have been a part of the interview process, right? He knew what Deila's plans were before he hired him.

11. ordinaryman

Not so. He knew the type of game Ronny wanted to play. He had no idea of his plans. How could he, Ronny had no idea if the squad fitted in with his ideals, because he hadn't seen them. All he knew was that he would be managing Big Glasgow Celtic and that this was great chance for him to showcase his talents. One of the very first observations Ronny made was that they were not fit enough for his system. Despite this Ronny went ahead and we had 'Legiagate'.

12. Dáibhí

Nah, I'm not buying that. The board will have known that this was going to be a season of major transition when they appointed Deila.

As I said, if they wanted a continuation of what we had previously they could have went for someone like Coyle, but they didn't.

13. Celtic_1967_

Fav Celtic Player:
    Gary Hooper
    Leaving it to the last day to get a striker is ridiculous!
    This whole thing of try and get into the Champions League with current setup before making signings has really * us over.
    * that Scepovic lad and whatever fool started the Welcome to Celtic thread.
    We really have been a joke of a club the past number of weeks and it pains me to say it.

14. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    * knows what we'll end up with now that scepovic isnt coming....deila has made his mistakes but he is being hung out to dry by our inability to sign decent players.

15. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

We'll be linked with a few loan deals from the Premiership and might scrape one last minute. You could read the Club like a * book just now.

Guidetti will be leaving City for the same sort of figure we were paying for Scepovic, we should be all over him.

16. C2911

We need a striker, a LB and a CB, but I can't see us getting anyone in. We're that * stingy.

17. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    We won't see anyone coming in at all. This is utter bollocks tbh and should never happen. Especially when only clearing a couple out.
    The signs have been there for over a year and we get fed the same *. * off doesn't even cover it. Players pulling out of deals, getting laughed at by targets?

Disappointed and season is deflated. I actuall fear for our spl season never mind europe

18. Fanny Chmelar

The Celtic management should be making no comments on players we are about to sign until they have actually signed for us,what a * joke our club has turned into.

19. Antz1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emillio Izaguirre, Joe Ledley, Beram Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    'You'll never walk alone' 'Let the People Sing'
    There is no way the apologists on here can continue to defend the board if we don't sign a forward.

We knew 6 months before Hooper left that we needed a replacement and we have still to fill that void.

There can be no excuses.

I know people who are giving up their books at the prospect of watching Anthony Stokes run around as our main centre forward, it's completely and utterly embarrassing.

20. Tifosi Celtic

Allot of tension amongst the support. Peter getting abuse at Dens and boxing in the support.

We're a club in free fall.