1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Transfer Deadline Day - SOS(Save Our Season)

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by DannyBhoy_1990, Sep 1, 2014.

Discuss Transfer Deadline Day - SOS(Save Our Season) in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. aidinho

headline should be get us a striker. aka GAS.

2. Patstar67

This is exactly why the board should hav had most of their transfer business concluded earlier and b4 the champions league qualifiers

3. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    If more bad comes of this day than good. Ive had enough.

4. Dáibhí

I'm kind of caught in two minds, because whilst i'd love to see the nice 5 second video on Sky Sports news of someone standing inside Celtic Park, holding up a Celtic jersey whilst smiling like a goon at the media, I always fear last minute signings.

Usually the selling team know that there's a whiff of desperation and wring as much money as possible out of the buying club, and usually the player involved is option B,C or even D.

5. murphy88

I agree, which is why I'm more annoyed that it's come down to this. However, what I originally thought, and still think this, is that we are going to spend the square root of hee haw this window. It's quite alarming in my opinion in all honesty. We have got a team that badly needs reinforcements. Mainly, in the striking department, and if w do sign a striker today, it's going to seem like a panic buy. If that is the case, I would rather we held onto the money, and put it towards something else in January. That is what should have happened with Pukki's fee, as he was a panic buy I thought.

6. aidinho

we don't care mate whatever press junky fae SSN turns up, bottom line is we need a striker and if we don't get one then Mr Lawell and co. have a lot to answer for.

7. Green Socks

I don't think I can bare to watch Ronny try to play this formation without a new striker coming in especially in Europa. It's absolutely brutal watching us be totally toothless against teams like Dundee never mind Maribor and Legia.

We wont be scoring many goals at all if we don't bring someone in.

8. ordinaryman

That good? You are obviously more optimistic than I am.

9. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    It all smacks of desperation now, probably best just to stay clear, as usual we'll make an * of it and we'll be begging to get rid of any 'striker' (assume that's who they'll move for) by January.

Last minute things hardly ever work out across the board.

They've had months to do deals, but as usual leave it till the last minute.

Best waiting to see if this joke that is coaching our team actually can win the league (assess come January), surely to * PL can't find the only manager out there that could possibly lose the league at Celtic, lol.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2014
  10. ThisIsGhod

Those * will never learn, even if Celtic are even * they will still not learn from it. * does not even begin describe how bad the board is and how bad this transfer window has been. Absolutely diabolical.

11. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I honestly fear the worst should we not get a face or 2 in. With Commons out of sorts, a centre back pairing of Ambrose and Denayer and no decent striker, honestly think even the SPL will be a struggle.

12. Dáibhí

I know this will sound mental, and would probably drive all the rest of you to despair, but I actually hope we secure one, or even more loan signings today.

Rather than looking to waste time negotiating transfer fees and suchlike we should approach an EPL or Spanish side and offer to take a quality striker on loan until the end of the season, someone who's even on pretty high wages if need be.

13. ordinaryman

PL won't allow it top happen. For all his criticism he is a hard nosed businessman. November will be crunch time.

14. goodybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    the Serb has pulled out last minute so ... Ehh .. We're * !!

15. aidinho

ano that was brutal yesterday and I even brought ma dad up to watch it and hes got a tumor in his back. wished I let him rest noo. that game was *.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2014
  16. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Anyone any good at checking some Norwegian 29 year old journeyman striker, guess it'll be someone from there. Will defo come from Scandinavia. Zlatan did say he'd like to play for Celtic didn't he? :p

17. Sebelon

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    I agree on some posts, that winning the league might be more of a struggle than we think. We have to see that Celtic at the moment is not a team, the players lack interest, and the manager has not got it sorted. If Deila comes out and says he needs to build a new team, I think the normal reaction from the players would be "we are not in his plans". Deila has not received any money to build his own team, so I can not really see how this is going to end well.
    Some journalists talked to Norwegian media and said that Deila would need to win the league with 20 points, and as it is now it might be tight until April, and I think we fans, like in Lennon time, judge very much the road to the title almost more than winning the title. I can remember how angry fans were when we struggled some parts in 2012/2013, and that time Lennon had CL to point at. But if we * up in Europa (and this team is not good enough to qualify) and also plays bad in the league, the criticisms will be extremely harsh.

18. murphy88

The very fact that this is being suggested shows how poor this window has been in my opinion, and only backs up why some fans are furious with the board. The worst part of all though, is that I'm inclined to agree, because I'm not sure I could take watching the strikers we currently have from now until January at least. It's not a good way of doing business though, and is not the path we should be heading down.

19. Von_Esper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Brown, Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    If we got offered £8-10m for van dijk, would you take it if we were to sign £4-6m rated striker?

20. aidinho

aye but we will get the old odd addaged about the salary but who cares, punt scott brown if hes no willing to accept that a decent striker offers more than him.