1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Trip to Dinamo Zagreb-Celtic (Q&A and help)

Discussion in 'Celtic Supporters Info' started by Agram, Aug 31, 2014.

Discuss Trip to Dinamo Zagreb-Celtic (Q&A and help) in the Celtic Supporters Info area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Agram

Depends on how you act, a lot of my friends were in belgrade on serbia-Croatia game and they were cool so nothing happened. If you dont provoke trouble you should be fine. Especially beacouse there is no hype about Dinamo in Zagreb these days so there is not much pre or after delirium in the city. :celt_2:

About the tickets, I dont know, that is all on Celtic, they organise it. :86:

2. Cofi#12-CFC1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown, Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic symphony
    Well I'm certainly not planing to wave Serbian flag on Ban Jelačić square. :smiley-laughing002:

I think that's almost impossible for me to get tickets for away end (because I have no idea how to get to Scotland and buy them), so I'm thinking about sitting somewhere else. Do you know how much tickets usually cost? And does Dinamo have online ticket store?

3. Scunny8

Keep asking on here for a spare.

There's a chance too that you'll get one on the day if you ask about the pubs

4. Millerntor

Bad Blue Boys - best futsal fans the World has ever seen anyway!

5. Agram

One of the best days in my life :icon_mrgreen: half of those people arent allowed on Maksimir, and this was like a reunion :50:
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sfKJcesEG0[/ame]

Prices of tickets were from 50-150 kuna for the last qualification game against Petrolul, that is around 5-15 pounds, little less, and the prices for EL are not decided yet. You can buy tickets for other sectors of stadium, and for that you dont need reservation, just be there before game and buy the ticket. Stadium can hold 35000 people, and there should be 15 max. Stadium for Dinamo wasnt full for a long long time. And in general since Serbia game :icon_mrgreen: But you cant buy part Jug - the Celtic part from Zagreb.

ako kupuješ kartu na taj način, idi na Zapad, ne na Sjever il Istok :celt_2:

6. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Thanks again for the info.

I was not aware of this new stadium and it looks excellent so will no doubt try and get up there next summer when I am no doubt in Dalmatia.

Why is Poljud very rarely used for internationals? Surely it would make sense to play some there, particularly in the Autumn/Winter.

Next time you are on the coast, try and take a game in at Imotski....I've probably been to hundreds of grounds all over the world and this one is one of my very favourites.

7. Agram

Poljud/Hajduk/Dalmatia is ignored by Croatian federation for a long time. They give them sometimes some shity games or non-competitive ones. They promised them Italy in this qualification round so they will maybe play there however they were promised a lot of games and didnt get them. And now the Federation is avoiding Maksimir and Poljud and also Rijeka a bit beacouse of fans revolting and chanting against them all the time. So they give games to little towns like Osijek or Pula which are happy that the national team is coming to them so atmosphere is more suitable for Federation.

I know how it looks, but I have never been, I would like to go. Just tell me what the * were you doing there hah who was playing, what league? :icon_mrgreen:

8. Agram

Also I have a question, are Celtic fans friends with Panathinaikos Gate 13 and Ultras Rapid? I heard some people saying you are but im not sure.

BBB, UR and Gate13 have an alliance and good friendship contacts so if that is true thay day there could be a big blue-green party :50:

9. Tifosi Celtic

Not with Rapid no. :smiley-laughing002:

Allot of history, dating back to a match in the 80s. Pao, some have friendly links. They played Motherwell a few years ago, and some went.

Few from Gate 13 that travelled went to the Celtic game the following night. Some personal contacts between some. Not much more than that.

10. Cofi#12-CFC1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown, Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic symphony
    Hvala na informacijama! :50:

11. Agram

Oh, I thought you had more contacts. I know they use a lot of Irish simbols but I assume it is more for visual purpouses and beacouse of their colours.

Btw I realised now, BBB have been in Maribor 3 times in the last 2 years. Dinamo, Pao, Celtic :smiley-laughing002:

12. Tifosi Celtic

Granted, yeah. They do use allot of Irish imagery. Shamrock's n that :icon_mrgreen:

Personally speaking, I like PAO.

Yeah, nothing major. Some Celtic flags at Motherwell game, that we're left. That, the ones from Gate 13 didn't remove. Might be small, but shows their some degree of respect there. If you get what a mean.:50:

Oh yeah. Met some there. :50:

13. Millerntor

14. Agram

I like Pao also beacouse they managed to change my perspective and perspective of a lot of people here about Ultras and people in general from Greece. I was genuinely shocked when I first saw a Croatian flag on one of their basketball games, I was expecting for them to burn it. :icon_mrgreen:

How many of you will come to Zagreb? Not in general, but you and your mates.

About the Rapid thing, I just googled it and * me. I thought I know a lot about European football and ultras, but this is the first time I seen this story. :52:

15. Millerntor

Would say about Rapid is that while some Celtic fans hold a grudge against them, there is no real animosity on the ground. The two EL games a few years back there were no incidents between fans that i know off - they had good numbers in Glasgow, us not so in Vienna as it was middle of December and we were already out - but nothing happend between the fans . They also invited us over in July there to play the last game at the Hanappi stadium before it got redeveloped - maybe that was their way of saying sorry!

16. rorylando45

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc, Nakamura, Robson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail
    I went to a Europa League qualifier at the Hannapi stadium in 2009 wearing a Celtic tap and stood amongst Ultras Rapid, no-one gave me any hassle.

17. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Long story but was in Makarska a few years ago and sort of stumbled across fixtures and saw Imotski were at home and as there was a direct bus from Makarska and also some interesting lakes there I went and of course the ground is very unique, I think it was 3rd Division but most of the players looked more comfortable on the ball than in the SPL.

Pity you won't be in Glasgow but if your in Dalmatia next summer let me know as I'm bound to be there for a few weeks :50:

18. Agram

I love how everybody thinks his league is * :icon_mrgreen:

I will be in Dalmatia next summer for sure. :50:

19. CharlieMulgrew21

Fav Celtic Player:
    Chico Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    getting this booked up when i get paid on the 25th , return flights from edinburgh £182, wed-sat cant wait:50:

20. Agram

For all of you that dont plan to be drunk all day there is a lot of things to do. Especially beacouse you are coming in the Advent, pre Christmas time.

There are 2 cool museums, not stereotipical ones (even do there is a lot of those regular ones here). For those who like basketball there is the Dražen Petrović museum, dedicated to one of gratest Croatian players of all time. Also in the city center there is Museum of broken relationships which is funny as *, basicly a colection of things people donate that were left in their posesion after they broke up. A lot of hate in that museum :56:

Also there is a hockey game on 10.12. and one on 14.12 in 19:30 which is really popular here and atmosphere on the games is amazing. You can go on youtube and search Medveščak. You cant buy tickets when you come here becaouse they are sold out along time before, but if somebody is interested he can tell me and I will get him tickets on time.

There is a night club in the city center (fancy one), and a lot of them not as close but easy to reach with tram. When you book a place to sleep you can ask me and I will explain how to get where, but its easy.

Also if you need someone to go around city or out partying or drinking just PM me or something, me and my mates are really looking forward to defending Croatian drinking honour, I have witnesed you are good rivals :bbpd: