1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic On Deadline Day - What will Happen

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Daddybear29, Aug 29, 2014.

Discuss Celtic On Deadline Day - What will Happen in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. GreenArrow1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony, Commons, Thumb.
    If Ledley wanted to stay he would have stayed. Simple.

2. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I disagree. If he was planning on signing by his own account he was obviously satisfied with the offer.

3. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    He wouldn't return, for one we couldn't afford the transfer.

Disagree all you want mate, I know that's what happened.

The offer came too late in the day and we accepted a bid for him he thought we didn't want him here, after fannying about with a contract offer and accepting a bid for him.

4. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

How could it have came too late in the day, if the contract offer was on the table before we accepted a bid?

The fact we sat down at the table shows we wanted him here. We accepted a bid on the final day of the window as that offer that he by his own accounts deemed acceptable still hadn't been accepted. Rather than let him walk for nothing in the summer the club guaranteed money.

5. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

At least we seem to be strengthening where it's needed..

A LB/CB and another CB..

If we get a striker and a DM I'll be happy with this window..

Would be even more happy if we got rid of Derk, Scep and unfortunately Stokes no point keeping him when he's not in the managers plans.

And if by some miracle we keep Virgil as well as add those players, I'd be over the moon..

6. Captain Brown Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    It always makes me laugh when I read about players who have left, Ledley and Hooper for example, and some fans are saying "Nah, they chased the money, * them"

Are you serious? Talk about biting off your nose to spite your face. They two were brilliant and would improve the squad straight away. Aye they left but ffs, this is their job. If I got offered twice the amount and a decent signing on fee to leave my job, I'd be away in a second. Like everyone on here probably would too.

7. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    He was wanting the contract since for about 18 months. We waited to the last minute to offer him anything, he was still mulling it over when we accepted the bid for him.

8. Lecs

It's criminal that Ledley ended up leaving for a couple of hundred grand. He was a fantastic player, better than any midfielder we have just now. We miss him badly.

9. wulliebad

Aye and so would everyone else,no one really blames them its just talk.....i have said it but i dont blame them for going.....but i think we need to stop dreaming about these guys that move on wanting to come back.

10. BigBhoy92

I actually would rather we tried to get in someone who can create chances as we can look toothless at times going foward. Really think mcgeady would be brilliant. I think with blackett and simunovic in if we got mcgeady and fletcher this would be a very good window and by the off chance we kept vvd thats a team who could get out of there europa league group.

Btw i think the boy christie has potential to become special. When he came on against us he dictated play , getiing the ball of the back two and then popping up in the holes. Seems to be intelligent and have a good touch aswell.

11. Captain Brown Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    That's another thing mate... Would they want to come back? They've probably got used to living on £30k plus a week and there's no way we can come close to that.

I wish they had stayed, wish we could compete with epl wages but it'll never happen again.

If they were to come back then it'll be on a loan and/or on our terms and we'd know that they were coming back for right reasons.

12. Murph-E

We're struggling in a big European game. Desperately need a goal to go through. We can't break the other team down.

Does anybody genuinely think Ryan Christie is going to be the answer to that problem?

13. wulliebad

this is what lennon said about ledley.

"Our contract offer was there for a long time. We made Joe an offer but they weren't forthcoming & now the ball's in their court."

Dont sound like last minute to me.

14. saltire78

Better than Broonie? :97:

maybe technically, but i don't remember the team falling apart every time he was off form/out.

As for the money... club ALWAYS gets as much as they can for outgoing players. It's one of the things noone can bash them for. If that's the best that was there, so be it.

15. Eddie Murphy

The dream: Simunovic, Fletcher, McGeady, Sakala (any Lb to be honest!), maybe another cheeky loan for the wings/attack from nowhere (townsend, lennon, moses - dreaming ahaha)

Scep, Derk, VVD, Stokes out

Can't see VVD staying even in my dreams... :-(

16. murphy88

When we had Ledley here, the team didn't fall apart when Brown was out either. It's only been in recent times we have struggled to cope with the loss of Brown, and a big reason for that, is the loss of the likes of Ledley & Wanyama.

17. saltire78

We were struggling in europe a little bit for a goal, and the very defender everyone is slagging the * off of popped up and scored... noone knows who's going to do it in europe, it's a team game at that level. I'll let Christie show me what he's got before deciding...

18. saltire78

Yeah, ok, not going to argue that we've lost sone * good midfielders in recent times.

* me, if we could field a celtic select from the last 10 years it'd be a sight to behold...

19. Lecs

Yeah I think Ledley is a superior footballer than Brown. Very consistent, and he was a big game player as well, scored a good few goals too.

I know, I remember he only had 6 month's on his contract left it's just annoying. That midfield in 2011-2012 was just dynamite.

20. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    We also said there was an offer there for Sammy that wasn't.

Like I've said, believe me or not, I know that's what happens, at least from Ledley's perspective that's what happened.

I tend to believe him, we done the same to players like Lenny and Jackie Mac. The players who want to be here get left longer to sort out, just because we think they're a gimme.