1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic business model

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Patstar67, Aug 27, 2014.

Discuss Celtic business model in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Patstar67

2. sammybobo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Celtics business model ??

Take in as much as you can.
    Spend as little as you can.

Put balance in bank.
    Spend a little on * players.

Sorted.

3. James Gold Member Gold Member

This model * gets on my * whats the model ? Sell your best pretty much all I see who has been replaced

4. saltire78

yes, but the players in Portugal stay for a couple of years and until they reach their full potential. There's a will in the club to make this happen, and a strong enough league to ensure it does. with us the players all want to jump ship at the first sniff of the english pound. totally chalk and cheese to compare in this way. this will work for us but never on the same kind of scale. and any real ralent will be significantly marked down because the media allow our league, and therefore the players achievements to be downplayed, this does not occur with the Portuguese transfers.

5. saltire78

we need to seriously work our youth setup, but not to sell. We've all known this for ages but want lots of shiny, fancy signings year on year. we need folk who give a * about the club and fans to play for us, even if it dies cost us results in the short term - although judging by results just now I'm not sure it'll be any worse. we tried the buy low sell high model and it's not productive enough, we can't force the transfer returns to make it sustainable, only to cover the cost of the flops. that's why Diela was brought in in my opinion, a change of style both on the pitch and strategy off of it

6. McGeady

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    You can't really compare Celtic to teams in Portugal.

They've got the advantage in terms of language, climate and scouting in south america and because of that they're always able to sign the young south american guys to replace the ones they just sold.

I hardly doubt that those young south american would join Celtic, if Porto or Benfica want them, given that most of them have a hard time learning a new language and wouldn't like the climate.

Though, Celtic can learn something and that's the fact that scouting younger guys closer to Scotland(England, Scandinavia) would be a good way to go.

7. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    Celtic business model
    Pay up
    Sit down
    Shut up
    Game over

8. Patstar67

I do agree with you and getting work permits in our country can be more difficult as well, but this shows with the correct network teams can still compete at a good level, the good ajax teams from 15 years ago were able to sell and due to their excellent youth set up

9. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Our Business Model is flawed if it incorporates a refusal to invest in the playing squad in order to make tens of millions of pounds which can then be re-invested again.

If we had went out and bought quality we would have beat Maribor and the Forster money (and probably VVD money) wouldn't be required to operate in normal circumstances outwith the Champions League.

10. McGeady

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Like I said, Celtic needs to scout well closer to Scotland and get in young guys they can develop.

Though, I doubt that the talent level in those regions will be as good as the talent level these Portuguese teams can buy from.
    Especially with all those English teams scouting and buying there as well.

11. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Scott Brown .. All Time - Lubo n henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    The best run Business in Scotland. The worst run football club in Scotland.

12. Dáibhí

Do you know who the men who sit on our board are? Have you seen their accomplishments in their business ventures?

Do you honestly think that a bunch of football fans on a internet forum know more about business models than they do?

Our model isn't flawed, as we've consistently reached the Champions League over the past five years, and have consistently bought players and sold them at profit.

Sure, it's going through a bumpy ride at the moment, but that doesn't mean the plan should be ripped up and thrown away.

13. Antz1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emillio Izaguirre, Joe Ledley, Beram Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    'You'll never walk alone' 'Let the People Sing'
    It clearly is flawed when the quality on the park is continually diminishing, and crowds are dwindling.

We only have one real asset left in Van Djik ,and he is likely offski, with no real signings in sight. This will leave us with no major sellable assets.

The team needs a major revamp, and we are 'hoping' to sign two players while most likely selling our best. I honestly can't begin to comprehend how that is good for the club.

14. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

You are embarrassing yourself.

15. TuffGong

Fav Celtic Player:
    leslie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    big leslie sticks da ball in da netty
    Does this mean we're no gettin a dome?

16. Bonobhoy

Sell our soul...

We now accept failure

17. Dáibhí

You're questioning a business model which has seen us yield very good results over the past five years.

Explain to me how it's flawed. Show me some evidence.

18. Blantyre Bhoy

We have a Billionaire as our major shareholder, he doesn't give a * about Celtic FC as long as it's generating dividends for him and the rest of the useless * on the PLC board.

No reinvestment in the team with quality players, just second or more likely third class * !!!

19. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Literally all the evidence you need is we will not be in the draw for the Champions League because we refused to buy enough quality to beat smaller teams than us.

20. mickmcl1888

How its flawed? Look out on the pitch thats how its flawed, we're a football team first and foremost you do know that dont you?:31: