1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Would you like Lawwell to go?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Paul67, Aug 7, 2014.

Discuss Would you like Lawwell to go? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Celtic_1967_

Fav Celtic Player:
    Gary Hooper
    I cant wait for the summer transfer window to call him a * and such, and to then fall back in love with him on the last day.
    What a tease he is!

2. Babsybhoy1888

People on here are * mental if they don't think lawell is doing a good job. People need to look across the city to see what we could be like if we didn't have someone as good at his job as petey. This season if you take into account contracts being renewed and loan signings celtic will have spent close to ten million.

3. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    Its scary that half the voters want one of the best assets we have too * off.

4. Green And White

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youl never walk alone.
    Folk commending Pete for giving us 2 million to spend out of about 60 million we have made in the last few years need to get a grip.

We need serious investment if we are to ever be a force in Europe. I'm not saying we should be spending 10 million on a player but we should be spending more than a million here and there.

I'm delighted with our signings, but in the summer i would like to see us buy 2 or 3 top players so Ronny can implement his own signings in the team. Will that happen? No.

5. Vertie Auld

One of our best assets financially, maybe, but a lot of people are * off with his treatment of Celtic supporters.

Oh and the look at the Huns argument is just plain lazy.

6. Croogle

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Exactly.

No wonder he rips the * every summer if spending £2 million out of £12.5 million is all it takes to make people forget about the way he treated the Celtic support and him not allowing sufficient funds to qualify for the Champions League.

7. wulliebad

Ronnys own signings......erm has he not signed anyone....:97:

8. CelticKurd

Fav Celtic Player:
    Georgios Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony and Willie Maley
    Aye but only if someone with the club in his hearts comes in.

I would much rather keep him and get rid of that hun in our board though.

9. Soul Rebel

Fav Celtic Player:
    Commons/Sammy/Ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony & Toy Town
    Have I missed something? What's this credit where its due stuff and busy end of transfer window all about?

10. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Aye.

Unless he parades Mcgeady within the next hour and 19 mins.

11. cammy07

For all the stick he gets, he has played an absolute blinder today. Got the targets we were after for less than they wanted, and kept everyone at the club we'd of wanted. Now get commons signed up for a couple of years and it really will have been the perfect month.

12. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Right now I would like to go to town on his ring.

13. CheGuevara

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Whether we like it or not Pedro has been a brilliant Chief Exec. The Club, under his guidance, has put in place a strategy of buying young players at low cost, developing them and selling them at a profit. We get a few good years out of emerging talent, and they move on to bigger leagues.

We are hamstrung by the league we reside in, but as it stands, there is hee haw we can do to alter that fact. PL's policies make us the envy of clubs around Europe, and while we will always struggle to make any major impact in European terms, we occasionally punch above our weight, and we frequently play against major teams.

This is our lot. We have to accept that there is no sugar daddy that is willing to invest millions, and that we have to sell more than we buy. We have to accept that we must live within our means. All clubs should operate in the way we do.

The only genuine criticisms I have of PL, are the ones made about his treatment of sections of the support. He should have taken on the Scottish Government on our behalf about the Offensive Behaviour at Football Act, and if I were him, I would have taken UEFA all the way about the Palestinian flag issue.

All in all though, the guy is a major asset of this club, a true Celtic man, and a very bright individual.

Be careful what you wish for though. The grass is not always greener on the other side.

14. Vertie Auld

True.

15. JamesM09

Spot on. We should be proud of the way we run off our own steam and aren't overly dependent on Desmond. Some folk are deperate for us to be in debt to him. I heard Man City are looking for more fans.

16. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    Well I wasn't praising his skills as a striker mate :bbpd:

I have never used the "look at them" argument, as I honestly don't think anyone should need that pointed out. Just because its lazy that doesn't make it any less relevant.

17. Bratfurdbhoy1

Lawell may have his faults, but I voted no!! You all know the phrase 'be careful what you wish for'!!!

18. wulliebad

I don't understand why some think PL leaving and a new guy coming into the club would lead to anything changing with the guidelines DD has set down for the clubs spending.
    We would just be replacing one employee with another one.

19. LB

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Hooper ,All Time -"Jinky"
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic song
    For what he has had to work with over the years I think he does a great job . Whether we like it or not there has been a different strategy since they were relegated , we no longer needed top players to succeed in the SPFL , success for me these days is getting to the CL proper and competing , anything else is a bonus . Winning the SPFL has to be priority every season and that will never change , a run in European football is considered a bonus and who knows what we can do once there . Law well has stuck to a plan and others teams are envious of what he does , he turned Arsenal down a few yrs ago....says a lot really

20. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    This is an old thread, so always difficult to gauge.

I voted yes, but that is just my feeling over the past few years.

As for this window, it's been excellent IMHO, couple of players I really wanted. Well played to him and the rest, not losing anyone significant was a huge bonus.

I would have liked quite a few out the door, but maybe in the summer.