1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic vs Legia Warsawa (UCL 3rd round qualifier, August 6th 7.45. NOT ON TV).

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by greengrocer, Jul 24, 2014.

Discuss Celtic vs Legia Warsawa (UCL 3rd round qualifier, August 6th 7.45. NOT ON TV). in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CelticBhoyDavid

Fav Celtic Player:
    Would have to be King of Kings, Henrik Larsson.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I'm not picky.
  2. ulsterscot

The story of the board not spending money has been well made . The players on the field, almost to a man under performed . Nobody took responsibility to cover or help a team mate
    We just didn't have a functioning midfield . Mulgrew couldn't play worse if he tried . Only Deila knows why he chose Berget and three other attackers who never helped out midfield and defence . I hope I am wrong , but things are as gloomy as they can be .
    I think our board who are not known for extravagant selling at the best of times will be very loath to risk money with Deila and that will put us deeper into the * .

3. Dáibhí

He should have stuck as much with the same team that hammered Reykjavik as possible. We even had Stokes fitter than he was a week ago, so he could have maybe played a part later on as well.

I understand he wants to change things up, and that's great, but the place for that is in the league where we have room for manoeuvre, not a make or break game like that.

Massive error from Deila, but it's still early days.

4. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Removed by staff

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2014
  5. shaybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    danny
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    agreed, but are some of the players are * off at the manager, namely older squad players , who are unsettled ,at this time , namely stokes at not getting a start, and new bhoy walks straight in .
    if it was me, i would be upset .only saw highlights ,and was shocked at our performance.
    but , then we have a centre half who knows he is going , and a keeper who also knows he,s off , it,s no surprise we were woeful in defending, .. and as for efe,, well he had no choice :47:

6. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    [quote ] Removed by staff [/quote]

*'s sake. The thread only just got unlocked.

7. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    Disappointing result but as Lenny said it has been on the cards .
    The only good thing was Ronny publicly slating the team saying it was not acceptable .
    What a change from Lenny after poor results when he would always sugar coat * .
    Say it the way it is Ronny and you will earn respect from the fans .

8. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Ronny will learn not to do that, just as Lenny did. His frank comments after the Ross County game had the press almost pushing him out of the door.

Strachan was the same, he started off giving his honest opinions, then the hatchet men came for the jugular and he started sugar coating it.

I don't blame them, I'd like to hear their honest opinion but the media turns it.

Martin O'Neill was my favourite at handling it, he'd just say a lot of stuff that never really meant * all.

9. Steven_KLSK1906

Come on Celtic, I still believe the Bhoys can do it. 3-0, like last year.

10. CELTICgirlSRB

Fav Celtic Player:
    They play for CFC just to reach the EPL. No love for CFC as deluded fans think
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Singing against English repression in English. Hahahaha, always a good laugh
    Removed by staff

11. superbhoy

just got my tickets for return leg we turned it round last year heres hoping we can do it again! :shamrock:mon the hoops:shamrock:

#Tickets now on general sale#

12. seanaldo

We will see you soon working in a Glasgow McDonalds ☺

13. Torq

Fav Celtic Player:
    "Magic" Żurawski
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Removed by staff

14. TheProudPole

Are you going to moralise others after that ? :

Are you serious?

Do you think that you can say anything you want because you are incognito in the internet?

Do you know that your post was quoted in biggest news portal in Poland "Wirtualna Polska" ? You can check yourelf if you can read in anything else than your language :

http://sport.wp.pl/kat,1752,title,Szkoccy-kibice-obrazaja-pilkarzy-Legii-na-forum,wid,16790563,wiadomosc.html

I wonder if you would be so brave and tell that
    to our faces - you can come to Celtic stadium and go to Legia supporters and tell them that face to face. We'll see if you will be so smart then.

Just remember - you can be deadly wrong thinking that you can say any racist sh*t that comes up to your empty brain just because you have an internet access and no one will do anytning about it.

15. TheProudPole

On the other hand - what did you expect? Celtic plays lousy on away matches - whole Europe knows it. Your team has lost plenty of matches like that with average or poor teams on away. Your team can play magnificant football at home, can win against anyone. Can still easily beat Legia 3-0. But will they....?

16. Darnok

It is posts like ciaran's that make me glad there is an ignore function on forums. It us a shame that his comments being reported in the Polish media could lead to someone paying for his immaturity and stupidity next wednesday.

17. ulsterscot

I think Deila was strong in his condemnation of the players and they certainly deserve all that they get . However Deila is not blameless in his team selection and tactics. Has his talk telling the players no stop what they have to do, sickened them and caused the players to ignore all his talk?

18. wulliebad

He was right to say what he did,the cetic fans need to know he can see what we see when they play *.
    Nothing worse than some * manager that says...oh we was unlucky we played well no matter the * result.
    But that said i think as time passes he should be more private and not slate them openly all the time.

19. Torq

Fav Celtic Player:
    "Magic" Żurawski
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    They shouldn't have done that.

It's football! Emotions were high yesterday and some people said some stupid things they probably didn't mean. What on earth was Wirtualna Polska trying to accomplish with that article? Increase mutual aggression before the game in Scotland? Irresponsible journalism imo.

I've just read some comments on WP... Jaysus--that's Scottish-Polish friendship gone.

And the worst thing is, this Ciaran fellow is probably a decent guy who had a couple of pints too many and wrote some silly stuff (we all do sometimes).

:54:

20. Intellectually Absurd Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson (obvious choice ehh?)
    Heres the article - few of you are famous :56:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.