1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Lads holiday 2015 tips

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Deco67, Jul 15, 2014.

Discuss Lads holiday 2015 tips in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. 31B404 Gold Member Gold Member

You know where they'll be no STD's and drunken British fools on the Med coast this year, but a quality black market? Latakia.

[​IMG]

2. Intellectually Absurd Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson (obvious choice ehh?)
    :smiley-laughing002:

That is true but it is more expensive. 2 weeks in Magaluf from Glasgow cost me £350 pounds in 2012. I took £1200 but only spent 700 and I was struggling to even spend that. I was pushing the boat out, paying for needless rubbish, buying expensive bottles of vodka and paid for my mate to get a lapdance. :smiley-laughing002:

Don't think you could get to Barcelona and back for 2 weeks, paying £350. :icon_mrgreen:

It is better though, I went with my family when I was about 13 - never really appreciated back then though so. Again with my girlfriend in the near future.

3. cammy07

I've been to sunny beach, napa and Ibiza. Out of them all my favourite holiday was napa, although Ibiza is the better of the 2 places it's unbelievably expensive. Some clubs you'd pay about 15 euro for a drink, amnesia for example. If it's the cheapest possible holiday your looking for then sunny beach would be your best bet.

4. Matt_20

Santa Ponsa is the best place IMO because it's full of Scottish and Irish people. Plenty of Irish bars as well. If you want to go to big clubs, or feel your holiday experience is missing some loutish English *, then Magaluf is like a 15 minute taxi away.

Ibiza is also excellent for obvious reasons and not too expensive if you stick to the west end rather than go to the big 50 euro clubs.

Zante is an absolute * hole. Enjoyed the holiday but the place is * terrible.

5. Deco67

Santa Ponsa
    Ayia Napa
    Barcelona
    Sunny Beach
    Which one?

6. Dáibhí

As I mentioned before as well, Marbella is a good shout, and flights are cheap.

7. Clint Eastwood The Good Bad and Ugly of TC

I was in Marbella a few years back..... it's a really nice and unlike the other places you've mentioned, isn't a complete shithole.

Although if you just want to go to a non-stop party in a filthy place, filled with absolute arseholes then go for any of the other places.

8. CELTICgirlSRB

Fav Celtic Player:
    They play for CFC just to reach the EPL. No love for CFC as deluded fans think
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Singing against English repression in English. Hahahaha, always a good laugh
    [​IMG]

:56::56::56:

9. CELTICgirlSRB

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Off the topic, but why are the British lads most boring of all the tourists?
    when I say boring, I think boring when it comes to chatting with girls.:icon_mrgreen:

10. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    What do you mean by British? if you mean English(that speak clearly) they are naturally boring. The rest Scottish, Scouse, Geordie and Welsh have to speak like arseholes to be understood by foreign people so probably come across different than we normally would talking to "our own" people and cant use our own patter on you as it wouldnt be understood, especially as most of the time we're drunk so trying to speak clearly enough to be understood is a tough job.

11. Derrybhoy1

Got the same impressions of Sunny Beach when I went. I just found the people there to be ignorant * too. The most annoying thing I thought was handing them money then they threw your change down on the counter without looking at you :smiley-laughing002:. Area is a complete dump for definite, although there is still some good drinking spots it probably isn't as cheap as you would imagine.

Still enjoyed it enough, but had been to Turkey the year previous and Turkey was a lot better.

So aye, score Sunny Beach out :smiley-laughing002:

12. MartinVienna

Croatia. Nice place, great food, friendly people, moderate prices!

13. CFC_67_88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fraser Forster
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Victor Wanyama
    Here ever you go:
    Trust no one not even your mates
    Always keep you passport money and stuff safe ie In a safe

14. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I'm off to Zante next week for a fortnight, * regretting booking for that long now mind you as after 10 days in Magaluf last year I was a shadow of my former self:56:

I'd say Maga, I enjoyed it. Plenty of good clubs and BCM which is amazing if you time it right. When we went over Avicii, Calvin Harris, Sebastian Ingrosso and Steve Angello were all playing in the space of 4 or 5 days. That's if you are into that kind of music.

Our apartment was a shithole mind you. We stayed in the 'blue wave' hotel or something can't remember now, right across from BCM and up from the club 'Stereo' for anyone who has been to Maga before? It's actually a hotel but we rented a * apartment. No air-con was an absolute killer.

In saying that you stepped outside and you were on the strip, plus all your looking for on a holiday like that is somewhere to crash. Although hopefully the place this year is a bit better.:56:

Not sure what to expect from Zante (Laganas), obviously going to be alot smaller compared to the Magaluf strip.

I think Ibiza is on the cards next year.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2014
  15. Bangarangura

just dinny go for 14 days, dunno about you but I get * off with some of my mates after just a couple days with them

16. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I'm a bit like that. You learn alot about each other when you spend 10-14 days in company constantly..:smiley-laughing002: Some good things some very bad..

17. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    go look up on YouTube kevin bridges travel agent

18. CELTICgirlSRB

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    English and Scots, both. Acting like clowns.

19. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    :40:

20. Kyogo Furuhashi Gold Member Gold Member

Going to Zante next year with my pals, came to this thread to seek help from the professionals.