1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Cross Platform] General Chat

Discussion in 'Computers and Gaming' started by Moustache, Jul 8, 2014.

Discuss General Chat in the Computers and Gaming area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

New Mad Max trailer.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BtV5PHE3hA[/ame]

Think this game will be this years Shadow of Mordor. Not one of the major titles but it'll be a total hit. Can't wait to play it.

2. AJ Styles Moussa Dembele's eyes Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    FarCry 4 was a decent game didn't enjoy it as much as I hoped and was the first game I traded in after christmas

3. Cathairbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Joe Ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Shadow of Mordor worth buying??

4. AJ Styles Moussa Dembele's eyes Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    got £20 trade in for MLB 14, the shop had MLB 15 on sale for £25 so happy with that swap

5. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Definitely, it's a fantastic game. The combat is quality and there's plenty to do.

6. Moustache

More news and updates, including June's PS Plus offerings.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Batman: Arkham Knight
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A new video has been released outlining the PS4 exclusive content

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_4n8RWflTew[/ame]

For anyone who hasn't watched the video here's what's included:

Battlefield: Hardline

Here's the reveal trailer for the Criminal Activity DLC

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-wS7gfJqFoA[/ame]

Guitar Hero: Live

Ten more songs have been revealed

Need for Speed

It's been revealed that the upcoming reboot will run on the same version of the Frostbite Engine as the upcoming Star Wars: Battlefront game.

Resident Evil: Zero HD

Capcom have announced that following the success of the Resident Evil remaster earlier in the year, Resident Evil: Zero will also be getting the remaster treatment.

The game will release in early 2016 for PC, PS4, PS3, Xbox One & 360

Playsation Plus

Sony have announced June's Plus lineup and it's looking pretty decent

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YeqDcW_rHK0[/ame]

Until Dawn

A new trailer has revealed that the upcoming PS4 exclusive horror game will be released on the 28th August in the UK & Ireland. Pre-ordering the game will get you a bonus chapter.

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HAKBU7VXdUI[/ame]

What Remains of Edith Finch

The previously announced PS4 exclusive horror game now has a trailer

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Dc_2NOLQNIg[/ame]

Here's a brief description from the Creative Director (the game sounds quite interesting)

The full article, which includes a few images, can be read at this link

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/05/25/what-remains-of-edith-finch-watch-the-new-trailer/

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2015
  7. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Cheers mate.:50:

I really like John Noble but his voice really doesn't suit Scarecrow.:smiley-laughing002:

8. Moustache

It does take a bit of getting used to. It's not bad by any stretch, but it sounds like it would be better suited to another character. At least there's an in-game explanation as to why he sounds the way he does.

9. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Really?

So was he the voice of Scarecrow in Asylum as well? Only played Arkham City.

10. Moustache

I dont think he was, Asylum Scarecrow was higher pitched sort of sickly/whiny sounding.

Spoilers for Arkham Asylum

Basically towards the end of the game Scarecrow goes down to the sewers underneath the Asylum (to put his fear toxin into Gotham's water supply or something like that) but he's attacked, and dragged underwater by Killer Croc. That was his last appearance in the series.

The developers said that the incident left him quite badly scarred and that's why he looks a bit deformed/mangled in Arkham Knight. I believe the deeper, more harsh sounding voice is supposed to be the from a throat injury sustained during the attack (although they probably just fancied a change in all honesty).

11. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Ah right, cheers.

Aye I always imagine him to sound a bit like the Joker.

12. Lennon2011

Preordered and predownloaded the new elder scrolls online, just need to wait till release now!

13. Moustache

More news, updates, trailers etc.

Batman: Arkham Knight

A new extended gameplay trailer has been released

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_JJqLldB7pg[/ame]

Dragon Age: Inquisition

Bioware have announced that anyone who buys the 'Jaws of Hakkon' DLC on last-gen consoles will be able to download the current-gen version for free. However, it only works on the same console family (PS3 to PS4 & 360 to One)

Evolve

Take-Two CEO , Strauss Zelnick, has stated that Evolve may join the ranks of the company's 'permanent franchises' (which includes Grand Theft Auto, Red Dead & Borderlands)

He did however note that the game lacked a strong singleplayer component, and was too multiplayer focused.

Need for Speed

It's been revealed that the upcoming Need for Speed reboot will require an online connection in order to play the game. Here's what the official Need for Speed Twitter account had to say

Silent Hill

A rumour is currently doing the rounds that Microsft is attempting to purchase the Silent Hill IP from Konami. It's pretty suspect at the moment, but it's suggested that the fee offered by Mircrosoft is within the region of a billion dollars.

Personally, I find this very hard to believe. Horror games generally aren't big sellers, and the Silent Hill series, despite being quite a bring band, has never had a game sell over a million copies. MS would be throwing money away, for a rather pointless exclusive, if this turns out to be true. Here's the alleged sales of past Silent Hill games:

The Elder Scrolls: Online

A new gameplay video, focusing on exploration, has been released

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JsxcGDpDXTQ[/ame]

Titanfall 2

Respawn Entertainment have announced that Titanfall 2 will not not be appearing at E3 next month.

14. Captain_Mjällby

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Maj
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    So hyped for e3. Its gonna be real good this year

15. Moustache

Its looking a lot better than last year, that's for certain.

Bethesda are probably going to put on the best show of all the third party publishers (and potentially the best show in general). It's a shame we pretty much know everything they're going to show, but Fallout 4 makes up for it.

It'll be interesting to see what Sony & Microsft show off

• Sony don't really have anything coming out this year, so they'll probably want to make sure 2016 is a big year. Uncharted 4 is a definite, a new * of War game is likely, Until Dawn will probably get a gameplay trailer, Guerrilla Games new IP might get a reveal/hype trailer and something The Last of Us related wouldn't surprise me.

• I really don't know what MS have planned. We'll probably see the leaked Gears of War remaster, and maybe an update from some of the stuff they showed last year (not including Phantom Dust obviously). If the Silent Hill rumour turns out to be true things could get interesting.

16. Captain_Mjällby

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Maj
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony

Yup theres no way thay are not gonna present Fallout 4, the shitstorm would be unreal if they didnt.

KInda hyped for Need for speed for the first time in many years.

Wonder if well see a glimpse of Tony hawk pro skater 5?

Shame about titanfall 2, buzzing for that follow up, best shooter on one IMO:

17. Moustache

I'm sure I read something about the Tony Hawk game being at E3 last week, but I'm not entirely sure. Activision don't have much on their plate this year other than Black Ops 3 & Guitar Hero: Live (as well as a new Skylanders most likely, but that's not that the sort of thing that gets much attention at E3) so I wouldn't be surprised if Pro Skater 5 gets a mention.

I haven't played Titanfall, but it'll be interesting to see how the second game pans out. EA apparently weren't happy with the drop off in player numbers after the first few months, so they'll probably want the sequel to have a bit more longevity.

18. Moustache

More news, reveals, updates etc

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Advent Future
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2K are set to reveal a new game tomorrow, which is believed to be a new entry in the XCOM series.

Here's a teaser image

[​IMG]

This is the official teaser site for anyone interested

http://www.adventfuture.org

Darksiders 2: Deathinitive Edition

Nordic Games are releasing a 'complete edition' of Darksiders 2 on the PS4.

It's a bit of a strange one in all honesty. The game's been out for a few years now, and it wasn't that big of a seller the first time around. Nordic Games, who bought the IP when THQ was liquidated (as well as Red Faction, Destroy All Humans and quite a few others) seem to be doing it do gauge interest in future entries in the series.

They seemingly don't know what to do with any of the IP's in all honesty. A lot of them have pretty good potential as well, so it's a shame to see them stuck with a compmay that are overly hesitant to do anything with them.

[​IMG]

Driveclub

The servers of the game are said to be undergoing an overhaul in preparation for the release of the PS Plus edition of the game.

Marvel: Chaos (Cancelled EA game)

Footage has been released for a cancelled Marvel fighting game, developed by EA Chicago.

It's seemingly from a relatively early build of the game but here's the video for anyone interested (skip to about a minute in):

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2603K0dR6Bk[/ame]

Silent Hill

Head of Microsoft's XBOX division, Phil Spencer, has stated that the rumours of the compmay purchasing the Silent Hill IP are untrue. Here's what he said when asked about the rumour on Twitter

SOMA

A new gameplay trailer for the upcoming horror game, developed by the same team who did Amnesia: The Dark Descent, has been released.

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SfSZPfUBfK4[/ame]

19. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

I was hoping that 2K tease would be the next BioShock.

20. Moustache

I think Bioshock as a series is pretty much done in all honesty. The main team who done the original and Infinite no longer exist, and I'm sure 2K Marin who did 2 were closed down a few years a go as well. As much as I enjoyed the games, I'm not really sure where else they could take the series.

Anyway I've got a new Tomb Raider trailer and XCOM 2 details

Rise of the Tomb Raider

A new trailer has been released ahead of the gameplay reveal at Microsoft's E3 conference.

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AonHaZO7soQ[/ame]

XCOM 2

2K have announced a PC-exclusive sequel to XCOM: Enemy Unknown. IGN will be posting exclusive details about the game throughout the week, culminating in a full reveal at the their E3 show on the 13th.

Here's the reveal trailer

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2E_-2wIJIzQ[/ame]

Here's the official story synopsis

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2015