1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Craig Gordon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Dáibhí, Jul 3, 2014.

Discuss Craig Gordon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

Tags:
  1. kyndig

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Should have stuck the nut on that BT reporter, *

2. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I'm not so sure it's as simple as "he didn't know he was there". I know I said this myself but in real time without the benefit of replays, Janko has came in like a freight train on the blindside of Gordon.

Could Gordon have been stronger? Yes. Should he have pulled it into his chest and clutch it straight away, as Dev said? Yeah, probably, textbook goalkeeping that.

It was a calamitous accident at the end of the day and we're through. I'd rather De Vries took over for kicking/ball at feet issues alone, never mind any other issues.

3. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

What did he get said to him in the post match interview? I was pished, missed it.

4. paulmcq1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgeady, donati, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    If our keeper has the ball in his hands and one of his own players knocks it out of his hands, its pretty obvious who to blame. Anyone saying it wasnt jankos fault if love to hear them if it had've been ambrose

5. jake10

Fav Celtic Player:
    whoever is our new record spend
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Go on home british soldiers
    both goals were gordons fault, first he saw Tierney coming in and shat it, second he has to know who's near him and clutch ball to his chest

6. Tuco Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    BOTOB,GRACE
    Both are at fault, but more so Gordon. He should have took the ball into his chest, doesn't matter if he didn't see him coming from his blind side as he said. Anyone can sneak up on a keeper, so you have to take every ball like its a threat, not like a perent holding a baby with a * nappy.

Janko was running around all game like a headless chicken and was making everyone mad, but this was in the six yard box and as a keeper you need to be ruthless when the ball enters into this area, don't buy his excuse of, I didn't see him coming!

7. Mr. Slippyfist

Aye awright, da :rolleyes:

What can I say then apart from I think if you think Gordon has no blame to take for that, then that is idiotic. In my opinion, of course.

8. murphy88

Gordon has to be a lot stronger, and if he doesn't know where Janko is, then that is even worse. He has to be aware of Janko's positioning. I thought he should have been coming and claiming the ball earlier than he did to be honest.

9. Mr. Slippyfist

The simple matter is, regardless if it was Janko STUPIDLY removing the ball from Gordon's hands or it was an opposition player, Gordon has made a horrendous mistake.

A goalkeeper should claim ANY ball that comes into his area with a level of conviction that ensures the ball is HIS. If that means he as.much as injures his own team mate in the process by going through them to get to the ball, and contain it in his own hands, then so be it.

Gordon allowed Janko to remove the ball from his hands - and btw, it wasn't even a hard contact that Janko.made with it - and THAT is what is criminal for a goalkeeper. Bo excuses.

That's not to say I'm saying Gordon 's error was worse han Wanko's, both were disgracefully to blame.

10. murphy88

I agree. For me, Gordon has to take the bulk of the blame.

11. ordinaryman

Whether it was Gordon or Janko don't really care. If it wasn't for CG saving that penalty - Janko fouling outside the box - we wouldn't be in the CL. So thanks for that Big Man.

12. wulliebad

If janko had stopped his run and the player had beaten gordon and scored janko would have been blamed again...think he was in this case lose lose situation.
    But that was weak from gordon, very poor handljng of the ball.

13. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Any of you complaining ever held a ball in your gloves and had a guy somehow connect directly off the ball? It comes out your hand. The guy plucked it and while landing got hit into. That's no his fault. The lack of communication to cause that was his fault though.

14. Aidan O’Shea

Teams will have been watching that game - teams including the Huns - and creaming themselves at the thought of targeting Gordon. He is very much the weak link.

15. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Gordon had done what he had to do, collect the cross. Janko knocked it out of his hands a split second later. There isn't much else Gordon could have done with the speed it happened at. Anyway, this is becoming redundant. We're through and it's clear to see that we need an improvement on Gordon.

16. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley

yeah 100%. it's also about the keystone cops defending in front of him for the last 2 years. think my confidence would be shot as well. it's affected more than gordon too.....imo it started to affect the likes of lustig as well who i used to rate highly.

ffs...why do we always seem to single out one guy and just gnaw away.he's saved us plenty and there were very few pass marks last night.

his confidence is shot and he'll probably will be dropped imminently, which i agree with, but * me....lay off.

17. Dr. Frasier Crane

* knows what Janko was thinking for that goal, Gordon should have been stronger no doubt but what the * was Janko doing. To be honest though at that point he shouldn't have even been on the park, Rodgers keeping him on was the strangest decision he's made since being here.

18. Dr. Frasier Crane

I think again though, like the Hun game, there will be a silver lining and that's that it will now be fairly easy to drop Gordon for De Vries.

19. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Gonnae some * tell me what the * said to him after the game:smiley-laughing002:

20. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    i had a few tins in me by that point as well but brown and gordon were there and brown had just bigged him up. then he asks gordon what happened at their 2nd....i 'THINK' he said something like saidy came when i wasn't expecting it and it was one of them things....it was the look he shot the commentator though......red laser eyes which said let's just move the * on can we???