1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Craig Gordon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Dáibhí, Jul 3, 2014.

Discuss Craig Gordon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

Tags:
  1. LloydsGamble

Before he realised it was offside he about to blame his defence. He made a total * of it.

2. Dr. Frasier Crane

Told what any professional footballer is told not to do? :56::56: * sake. I'm assuming you've never played in goal at any decent level and have * all idea what you're talking about, either way you have * all idea what you're talking about. Goalkeepers are actively encouraged to always be on or around the edge of the box when the ball is in the oppositions half so if anything is floated over the top that the defence can't deal with they can act as a sweeper to mop things up, under that pressure and having to react as he did it's not exactly easy to place a header in a particular direction. You see the likes of Neuer and Lloris doing it all the time and they are very good at it and also among the best goalkeepers in the world. A goalie only has one job :56::56: ffs you always try to talk with such authority but chat so much *.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2016
  3. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    To be fair looking at their goal there he had to come out for it and had to head it, in hindsight he should have headed it wide though, atleast then you narrow the angle if someones going to shoot.

4. wanyama1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson/Victor Wanyama
    What about him flapping at their offside goal?

5. CFC_67_88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fraser Forster
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Victor Wanyama
    Gordons been a good servant perhaps time to move on?

6. Dr. Frasier Crane

That was horrendous as was the one in the first leg but has * all to do with the second goal that he posted about.

7. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Who the * are you? :56:

ANY professional footballer is told to clear their lines either side, however, if you're actually Gianluigi Buffon I apologise. :56:

Moving away from an idiot making it personal, such as yourself, he isn't good enough and we need better.

8. Dr. Frasier Crane

Who am I? What does that matter? :56: Yeah because it's always possible in every situation to clear the ball sideways :52: There is a difference between practice and theory, you need to put the books down and start playing more.

Goalies only have one job :52::52::52:

9. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Because you seem to have a personal issue with me yet I don't have a * clue who you are. That's why it matters.

Just admit you are attempting to defend the indefensible and we'll all get on with our lives.

10. Minimalist

Times up, gets caught out too much in Europe which is far too counter-productive for us.

He literally couldn't save a video game.

11. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Getting worse the older he gets. Time for a new goalie though I have to say it will be near impossible to get someone of Gordon's experience and quality.

12. Dr. Frasier Crane

Admit you know * all about being a goalie and are chatting * and we'll all get on with our lives. It's not defending the indefensible when it's more than reasonable to say that Gordon was left with no choice by the people in front of him to go for the ball, it happened so quick and the clearance wasn't good because of that, but again afterwards he was hung out to dry by his midfield. Was an unbelievable finish as well.

13. wanyama1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson/Victor Wanyama
    Then why do you want a new GK if you don't think we can get better than Gordon?

I'd shove Fasan in currently surely can't be any worse than the way Gordon is atm.

14. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

An unbelievable finish volleying into an empty net :56:

Hung out to dry by a midfield he didn't pass to. I've literally heard it all now.

15. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Isn't that obvious?

I think every fan wants Messi but we can't get him.

I agree though i'd shove Fasan in, seems to have been around forever but has never played. Must be decent if we've kept him on the books.

16. CalgaryBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tha Thumb
    Re-watching the goal, tbh I don't know if its his fault. I don't know if he needs to come for it but I understand why he did. It looks like the Astana player has a break of the ball, and Gordon's trying to get thay either farther from where it ended up or to closer teammate. I don't blame Brown or Tierney either, I think this is just a one in a million goal that's tough to single out any poor play. I think Gordon's unlucky more than anything.

Still had a shocker tho, his kicking was as bad as I've ever seen it, was hoofing balls in * circles. If we want to play the way Rodgers wants to play we need a keeper whose a good distributor when it comes to relieving pressure on the back four and finding players in space to start attacks, and Gordon cannot do. We should be looking to upgrade the position.

17. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I like the guy but I must admit I'm beginning to really question him.

Going to keep saying this but...test the water with Michel Vorm at Spurs. We won't find a much better all round keeper who might, I stress might, be willing to come.

18. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

For the goal it seemed to me like it was all he could do really was to sweep up. Not going to criticise him too much for that.

His kicking and throwing is terrible though.

19. The Celtbot

Wouldn't mind Darren Randolph if we had to find someone else, but don't think there would be too many keepers that would be much of an improvement in our price range.

20. PEI#1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    When we first got Gordon, like so many others, he played out his skin....but now he's being found out as being risky in a few crucial areas.....but when was the last time we had a goalie that commanded his area fully to the supporters satisfaction ?

Believe me when I say I'm not sticking up for Gordon at all but the last few keepers have all had deficiencies....it's more about when they have their * ups that count.

We need a better keeper who can handle the job, no doubt about it.